Knockaert proves once again

Started by Big T, October 01, 2020, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big T

Quote from: Tabby on October 01, 2020, 10:48:16 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 01, 2020, 10:45:27 PM
Quote from: bobbo on October 01, 2020, 10:36:36 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on October 01, 2020, 08:41:50 PM
I think you are all being totally unfair to old shovel feet. He easily gets confused and thinks he is playing rugby and thinks we get two points for blasting the ball over the bar.
i ade just that same comment to a mate tonight.
I've said it before , WHY are we signing players that are not reckoned to be good enough by the clubs they came from, HOW can they be good enough for us ,, 3 come to mind Reid,knock,cav.
who in our team did we sign from a club that wanted to keep them but couldn't refuse the money. I'm thinking Cairney and Robinson, maybe bryan
Neil Warnock wasn't happy that BDR was allowed to leave.
BDR is by far the best of the 3

fulhamben

I think you are all being totally unfair to old shovel feet. He easily gets confused and thinks he is playing rugby and thinks we get two points for blasting the ball over the bar.
I've said it before , WHY are we signing players that are not reckoned to be good enough by the clubs they came from, HOW can they be good enough for us ,, 3 come to mind Reid,knock,cav.
who in our team did we sign from a club that wanted to keep them but couldn't refuse the money. I'm thinking Cairney and Robinson, maybe bryan
yes I'll give you that, bdr hated his style of play and wanted to leave
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Big T on October 01, 2020, 10:51:30 PM
BDR is by far the best of the 3

Doesn't that just say everything in itself.

bobbo

Yes Ben you're right there's more than the three I pointed at.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

FFCFOREVER

When Knocky arrived MOST (not all) on here were bigging him up including me, but he aint showed anywhere near his form from when he was Brighton. He is a Championship player and a washed up one at that. Its not fair to single him out. If he is asked to do a job by SP then he will do it. Its just that he aint got the ability to compete at prem level. But yeah.... He is crap.

jayffc

recieve ball on the right, wiggle the feet, cut inside across the edge of the box, shoot over the bar.....every...damn....time.  (will add running his socks off without the ball is the strongest thing he has going for him)

Sting of the North

Or like Mitro, or Reed, or Hector, or Johansen, or Boa back in the days or countless others most likely. This argument makes no sense unless you only want to buy players from clubs below, or maybe on par with us. Or do you mean that a player deemed currently not good enough for one club can never be good enough for another club? That happened of course to two former talents named De Bruyne and Salah at Chelsea, and that is probably why no one ever heard of them again. They were just not good enough for any professional football team under no circumstances.

Nero

Parkerball is killing the wide man. They all recieve the Ball stood still they need to be move onto the ball to use their pace

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Inmyday75 on October 01, 2020, 08:42:23 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on October 01, 2020, 08:38:32 PM
Was he any worse than AK or Onomah tonight?

I almost forgot that Onomah had started for us to be honest.
Yep, totally Onamahmus! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Knock's loose pass in Fulham's end started the counter attack for the 1st goal.

He also lazily gave away the foul which lead to the set piece 2nd goal.

The only team he was creating goals for tonight was Brentford. This is why SP pulled him for Mitro instead of Kamara. At least AK wasn't creating goals for Brentford.

Southdowns White

He wasn't good enough for Brighton, their supporters were sad that he left as a personality but most already new his prime had come and gone. The least we can hope for is that our coaches get him to pass it at least once a season.

Big T

Quote from: Nero on October 02, 2020, 12:35:06 AM
Parkerball is killing the wide man. They all recieve the Ball stood still they need to be move onto the ball to use their pace

Yes I agree on the Parker ball theory, I always said if this team were to go up we'd get battered playing Parker's style of slow build up, sideways football in the Prem,
Knockaert in his defense does try to move it forward with pace, he just happens to be useless at it, he also isn't capable of a quick pass, he always holds onto it for to long, he just quite simply doesn't have the brains for it
He's league 1 standard at best these days, Tony should never of offered him a contract,

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Big T on October 01, 2020, 10:47:03 PM
Quote from: JimmyBullardsBarber on October 01, 2020, 10:25:10 PM
Love how people on here were tugging him off a few months back. Sad lot
I never tugged him off once, never rated him

He plays like a headless pitbull, the ball is his toy that he refuses to share

I can't believe we gave him a contract, I'm surprised he was capable of signing it, I bet he didn't pass the Pen back either

The pen ran out and never said goodbye.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Is it fair to criticise him when there's a long list of other failures?

You can only criticise one at a time and he stands out over a long period of time.
Could different tactics and his position improve things for him? Maybe!

We may not have wasted 25 million? on the likes of Seri but we have wasted £35 Million ? on the 3 stooges!

filham

Knocks., work rate is beyond question and in his early games it looked as if he was going to score a few goals but for a lonf time now he rally hasn't really justified a place in the team.

He is so predictable and his shooting is bad with so many shots going high over the bar. It is difficult to understand the point of a loan signing when a player is signed for a big fee after what can only be described as a poor performance loan period.

Bronaldinho

All huff and puff and no end product.

Sums up Cav & Knock which cost us 20m.

Brilliant.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Jims Dentist

SP

I always recall that absolute cracker he scored against Palace, a beauty to win the game.  It's a shame he was playing for Brighton at the time.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 02, 2020, 10:17:50 AM
All huff and puff and no end product.

Sums up Cav & Knock which cost us 20m.

Brilliant.

Neither are as productive as Ryan Sess or Ryan Babel.    That says it all for me right there.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Nero on October 02, 2020, 12:35:06 AM
Great point Nero.
I would though still stick with Knocky's lack of intelligence on the ball in the final third.

filham

When we offered Cav. and Knock contracts late last season their stats for that season must have made pretty grim reading.

I suspect something funny that has not been disclosed about those two signings.