watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we sign Benrahma

Started by The Swan, October 01, 2020, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

One cleaver player and he would settle into our set up.
Sign him up Scotty.
The Swan

Deeping_white

Parker would ruin him by playing him on the other wing because he's got an obsession with inverted wingers and slow build up play. If we ditch Parker and/or his current system and play counter attacking football then 100% yes.

Penfold

No way would he join us. Unless there's a get out clause on relegation.

Bryanthebroom

Id love him but not sure we could afford him after his demolition of us tonight

South Coast White

In a heartbeat, but he will never come and join a team in total meltdown and who can blame him, should have got him before season started.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on October 01, 2020, 08:43:09 PM

Couldnt afford him?   Why?   He'd immediately be the best attacking player we have.

Penfold

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 01, 2020, 08:44:48 PM

Couldnt afford him?   Why?   He'd immediately be the best attacking player we have.

But why would he want to sign for a side more than likely getting relegated?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Penfold on October 01, 2020, 08:47:16 PM

Oh, I agree with that.   I was asking why we couldn't afford him if he were willing to come (which I doubt he would be).

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 01, 2020, 08:48:46 PM

Oh, I agree with that.   I was asking why we couldn't afford him if he were willing to come (which I doubt he would be).

I just think that Brentford could charge what they liked for him. Especially as its clear how desperate we are.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on October 01, 2020, 08:52:29 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 01, 2020, 08:48:46 PM

I just think that Brentford could charge what they liked for him. Especially as its clear how desperate we are.

True.   Still think we're not held back by the cost of a Championship player.  Even if he cost 35 million pounds.

shepperton white

He'd be no good to us - he wants to go forward all the time - not back and sideways or back to GK unless it forward and past ours!

bog

There is more chance of me scoring 3 in a Champion's League final in a 8-0 win over Real Madrid. Just why on earth would he come here?  :doh:

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

I would sign him at the drop of a hat, but I cannot see why he would want to come to us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I think whoever we buy in the next few days will charge silly money but if he keeps us up it would be worth it and we should be able to recoup the mone in the next few seasons if we need to

bencher

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 01, 2020, 08:42:21 PM
Parker would ruin him by playing him on the other wing because he's got an obsession with inverted wingers and slow build up play. If we ditch Parker and/or his current system and play counter attacking football then 100% yes.

Ironically, Benrahma is one of those good examples of an inverted winger, like Arjen Robben. The key difference being, he has end product. He plays on the left and cuts in on his right. But he does it to good effect, and varies it up by also being able to go round the back.

Side point, but how many times did Brentford's fullbacks offer an overlap, and how few times did ours? I know we've moaned about them being out of position, and they've probably been coached to stay put, but there were many times we were crying out for an overlapping run to stretch play and there was nothing there. It's all about balance, teamwork, covering and decision making.

FFC1987

Cantwell, Said and a couple of CB's for around 60-70m and I'd be a bit more excited but I feel like thats the type of investment this team needs to compete to be honest.

FFCFOREVER

Plodder

Too late, but the one player from Brentford above all who would have fitted in and enhanced our team would have been Watkins.  His channel running and pace would have  complemented Mitrovic's strengths (physical, ability in the air).

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Plodder on October 01, 2020, 11:19:32 PM
Too late, but the one player from Brentford above all who would have fitted in and enhanced our team would have been Watkins.  His channel running and pace would have  complemented Mitrovic's strengths (physical, ability in the air).

Yes he would have been the Fox in the Box we so desperately need.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.