https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker's press conference - Wolves

Started by rebel, October 02, 2020, 12:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Disappointed that Leeds weren't mentioned

Sgt Fulham

Thank god there's an international break coming up. Never thought I would say that.

rebel

It's starting shortly.

rebel

Conference live now.

rebel

So guys thought there might be more substance to it. Bring back Sarah Brookes.

Statto

New bodies coming in? Any departures?
We need centre backs. I'm hoping we'll get bodies in on Monday obviously. There's always possibilities you'll lose players.

Have you spoken to Khan?
I've spoken to Tony. I'm in constant dialogue with him. Those conversations will always remain private. It's the way it should be. The main focus is on the team. What's happened has happened but I sense the narrative and story around us. What we can control is us and that's our main drive. We need to be rational in this situation. The story will always be pushed but from the first three games there have been elements i've been happy with. There are things we need to improve on. It's not as drastic as everyone points out at this time. We'll stick together, I'll make sure we will. I've no doubt we'll be OK.

Jim©

Quote from: Statto on October 02, 2020, 01:24:42 PM
from the first three games there have been elements i've been happy with. There are things we need to improve on. It's not as drastic as everyone points out.

Couldn't agree more with him. Not known for his eloquence but bloody well put.

rebel

Quote from: Jim© on October 02, 2020, 01:41:39 PM
from the first three games there have been elements i've been happy with. There are things we need to improve on. It's not as drastic as everyone points out.

In each game we have conceded at least 3 goals, all the goals conceded were goals that a 'under 10's' team wouldn't concede. He knows the situation is 'dire', do you really expect him to say it? Especially after Khan Juniors Twitter comments and his reactions created a story. Can you imagine the headlines 'Parker says Fulham's situation is dire', that would only make more negative headlines.   

RaySmith

0001.jpeg

Arthur

I'm impressed by the answers Parker gave in yesterday's press conference.

The media pundits were waiting for us to make defensive mistakes and we duly obliged from the off. As Parker said, there's a narrative around us. Ridicule. Insult. Contempt. Pundits can think to themselves, 'It's Fulham. No need to try to be fair in my analysis. Simply make the maximum exposure of their defensive failings.' It makes for good viewing for Sky and BT to invite the general football public to roll up each weekend and have a laugh at our expense.

And Parker alluded to this. And his response - that we're sticking together and not deterred by, less still afraid of, being criticised in the media - gives me a little more hope for tomorrow.

And though this forum is no less awash with criticism, there must surely be others on here for whom the mocking tones of Carragher, Keane, Sutton et al are hurting. For our chances of survival, for the players, for Scott - and for myself - I so desperately want us to pinch a 1-0 win tomorrow. And even though none of the detractors would know, I would stick a finger up at the lot of them for taking the p*ss out of my Club. They're making my blood boil and I really want us to shut them up.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Arthur on October 03, 2020, 12:56:48 PM

The media pundits were waiting for us to make defensive mistakes and we duly obliged from the off. As Parker said, there's a narrative around us. Ridicule. Insult. Contempt. Pundits can think to themselves, 'It's Fulham. No need to try to be fair in my analysis. Simply make the maximum exposure of their defensive failings.' It makes for good viewing for Sky and BT to invite the general football public to roll up each weekend and have a laugh at our expense.

And Parker alluded to this. And his response - that we're sticking together and not deterred by, less still afraid of, being criticised in the media - gives me a little more hope for tomorrow.

And though this forum is no less awash with criticism, there must surely be others on here for whom the mocking tones of Carragher, Keane, Sutton et al are hurting. For our chances of survival, for the players, for Scott - and for myself - I so desperately want us to pinch a 1-0 win tomorrow. And even though none of the detractors would know, I would stick a finger up at the lot of them for taking the p*ss out of my Club. They're making my blood boil and I really want us to shut them up.
Absolutely agree with this and I feel the same way.  No respect shown to us in any form whatsoever, to the club, the oldest in London, players, and they should know better having played the game themselves and us fans.  Even if we win tomorrow they will find a way to say we were lucky and didn't deserve it....

WokingFFC

Could not agree more Arthur. Would also add sticking a finger up to a few posters on this board. Followers they may be, supporters they are not especially with their derogatory comments about the club they "love".

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on October 02, 2020, 08:37:16 PM

In each game we have conceded at least 3 goals, all the goals conceded were goals that a 'under 10's' team wouldn't concede. He knows the situation is 'dire', do you really expect him to say it? Especially after Khan Juniors Twitter comments and his reactions created a story. Can you imagine the headlines 'Parker says Fulham's situation is dire', that would only make more negative headlines.   

Yeah, good point.  SP is in between a rock and a hard place.  Tough spot, but I guess pre and post game interviews are part of the gig.  I suspect many coaches would prefer to pass on them.  That said, I fear another drubbing on display before the football community v Wolves.

Gezza

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

filham

A good interview by Parker, he has taken on no mean task and deserves our support.
He really should be getting no stick from us fans as he hasn't really been given the tools to do the job. Get in those two quality centre backs that we all know are needed , only then can we expect better results.

Twig

Thank goodness, a thread without a load of negativity. I agree, a decent interview from SP and at least it suggests he's trying to get our lads into the right frame of mind.

horse1031

This thread is what I needed some rational people.

We are three games in...  People want to sack Scott 3 league games in?  Get a grip people.  So many posters on the board feeding off each other right now.  Negative and wanting all players and staff gone.  We are crap right now but we will get better.  Scott is super passionate and wants to right the ship.  Players are lacking confidence because of the media and is getting on their backs.  Who do you want to come in?  Ranieri, Kit, magath, slav, no one would right this ship right at the moment

Get behind Scott and the team