watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Some football related common sense on a serious subject

Started by copthornemike, October 02, 2020, 03:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Just came across a statement from Corinthian Casuals concerning the upcoming FA Cup tie vs Dulwich Hamlet :
http://www.corinthian-casuals.com/news/corinthian-casuals-vs-dulwich-hamlet-statement

Just thought it might cheer raise a small round of applause from all football supporters in this difficult period - and don't us FFC supporters need something to raise a small smile.

Wolf

Quote from: copthornemike on October 02, 2020, 03:38:17 PM
Just came across a statement from Corinthian Casuals concerning the upcoming FA Cup tie vs Dulwich Hamlet :
http://www.corinthian-casuals.com/news/corinthian-casuals-vs-dulwich-hamlet-statement

Just thought it might cheer raise a small round of applause from all football supporters in this difficult period - and don't us FFC supporters need something to raise a small smile.

I think its a well worded statement, especially "We'd like to place on record that as a club, we are not in favour of this utterly baffling ruling, we believe it is wholly unnecessary and we are having to put in place these restrictions under duress" regarding the decree that fans of Step 2 clubs (National League South and North) cannot attend FA Cup matches at Step 3 and lower clubs in the FA Cup this weekend. Whereas home fans and neutrals are. But then I also think that no spectators in the PL/EFL is wholly unnecessary, as I look enviously to the continent and five figure crowds in stadia.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

It doesn't make sense, at all.

take us for example; a 24000 (less at the mo) outdoor stadium. Have even half capacity and people will be more than 2 meters apart, outside, in the open air.

But you can still go to the pub for the same amount of time, within 2 meters and indoors.
How does it make sense??

Fulhamfan666

Sadly enough, restricting fans attending makes total sense. Been to 4 non-league games so far and at only 1 (Harrow Borough) social distancing was enforced. No one was wearing masks either. Embarrassing to say the least of them. These were Chinford Athletic, Royston Town and Wingate & Finchley btw so do avoid if possible.

I agree that the virus won't differentiate between the different football pyramid levels or whatever, but from what I've seen personally I'd rather they just stopped it all tbh, and people definitely cannot be trusted to social distance/wear masks, especially at football games because they're all softies who cannot wear a ****** cloth over their face.

But hey, if they think money is more important than the safety of their fans then they do need to let me know and I'll never go there

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on October 02, 2020, 06:46:14 PM
It doesn't make sense, at all.

take us for example; a 24000 (less at the mo) outdoor stadium. Have even half capacity and people will be more than 2 meters apart, outside, in the open air.

But you can still go to the pub for the same amount of time, within 2 meters and indoors.
How does it make sense??

Both are bad tbh. People won't social distance at non-league, you bet your arse they won't do at Fulham