watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marlon back in training at Sassulo

Started by General, October 02, 2020, 07:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Picture posted yesterday on his instagram. For me would suggest he didn't have covid. If not, then why on earth didn't we have him signed up and in through the door.

Think that responsibility is Tony Khan's.

We should have at least one CB in by now. Everything was done it seemed. Imagine it was us trying to bring the price down as per reports.

Frustrating.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: General on October 02, 2020, 07:39:20 PM

Picture posted yesterday on his instagram. For me would suggest he didn't have covid. If not, then why on earth didn't we have him signed up and in through the door.

We should have at least one CB in by now. Everything was done it seemed. Imagine it was us trying to bring the price down as per reports.

Frustrating.
This is s joke! The recruitment team are a joke.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on October 02, 2020, 07:39:20 PM

Frustrating.

The whole "we were trying to negotiate a lower price" is probably his agent trying to protect his client, there could be a whole number of reasons as to why but I wouldn't necessarily say it's our fault from hearsay in the papers. Besides, half our fanbase didn't even want him so it's not like we've lost out on a world class CB is it

Andy S

First you negotiate with the club then with the player. If someone gets greedy the deal goes. There is no point in feeding the greed because the next time you pay more for a less than average player

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I thought he failed the medical, not COVID related.

Bryanthebroom

All hear say. Let's wait til Monday Morning before we crucify him.

FFC In Oz

I think the whispers coming out of Italy about us trying to renegotiate payment terms is probably correct.

Typical really.

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 03, 2020, 06:38:03 AM
I think the whispers coming out of Italy about us trying to renegotiate payment terms is probably correct.

Typical really.

We will get a reputation, clubs won't deal with us, not good. You got to feel sorry for Marlon, if it's true.   

Arthur

Typical really.

Just a possibility:

What if the medical brought up a potential weakness that, while it's not a problem now, could affect the player in the future? And what if we returned to his parent club and asked that - rather than pay his fee over the next, say, 15 months - we pay it, instead, in instalments based upon the number of performances he makes? But Sassuolo declined.

Would this be worthy of being dismissed as 'typical really'?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Arthur on October 03, 2020, 01:17:53 PM

Typical really.

Just a possibility:

What if the medical brought up a potential weakness that, while it's not a problem now, could affect the player in the future? And what if we returned to his parent club and asked that - rather than pay his fee over the next, say, 15 months - we pay it, instead, in instalments based upon the number of performances he makes? But Sassuolo declined.

The infamous Fulham medical of John Carew notoriety?

Pissing about trying to renegotiate terms at the death will always see the transfer fall through.

Some clarity would be nice though as we are hearing conflicting reports

Southcoastffc

Speculation, rumour, hearsay, Chinese whispers. Understandable fans' anxiety.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Nero

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 03, 2020, 02:03:52 PM

Typical really.

Just a possibility:

The infamous Fulham medical of John Carew notoriety?

Pissing about trying to renegotiate terms at the death will always see the transfer fall through.

Some clarity would be nice though as we are hearing conflicting reports

If we wanted him Im sure we would have paid the fee they wanted.

filham

I am afraid lack of transparency leads to situations like this where some mud can stick.
Time the club was more open about things, unless of course they have some thing nasty to hide.

finknottle

Typical really.

Just a possibility:

Exactly. No different to buying a house and renegotiating the price after you get a survey done.

Slaphead in Qatar

Anything could have happened - maybe player changed his mind.

cookieg

Typical really.

Just a possibility:

That's far too sensible an explanation and doesn't fit the agenda of the Khan out brigade. Better to blame TK when no one knows what really happened.

AnOldBrownie

Didn't want him unless we definitely got someone to play the ball in the air beside him.

If he comes...I'll support him...but a CB having good passing stats isn't what we need. Especially when we don't have good back line coaching.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

The Cravenette

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2020, 03:46:22 PM
I am afraid lack of transparency leads to situations like this where some mud can stick.
Time the club was more open about things, unless of course they have some thing nasty to hide.

When TK tweeted about transfer issues people complained, now we are complaining that we don't know what's going on 😏

Marlon wasn't in their squat today btw

Lighthouse

I do wish we would stuff just making stuff up. I know the player failed our medical. That is what we know.

But suddenly we are claiming all sorts of ridiculous assumptions. Did JFK really get shot by a player on the grassy knoll that we claimed couldn't shoot? Did the Hindenburg fail to reach its destination because we wanted to negotiate a different arrival time? Well its all our fault. It must be. I mean we are struggling and on the ground so just keep kicking. Something is bound to burst out of our mangled corpse eventually.

Nothing we like more than kicking our club when its down. There is a difference between criticism and just accusations. We know mistakes have been made. But do we really just want to claim that everything is Fulhams fault.

The player may have just failed our medical and we didn't see the point of adding yet another player who was going to be injured. We blame the club when a new arrival is suudenly suffering an injury. It can't all be our fault.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Cravenette

Quote from: The Cravenette on October 03, 2020, 05:01:19 PM
Quote from: filham on October 03, 2020, 03:46:22 PM

When TK tweeted about transfer issues people complained, now we are complaining that we don't know what's going on 😏

Marlon wasn't in their squat today btw

Squad