News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the quickest way to pocket Nine Million Quid ?

Started by Enfield, October 02, 2020, 08:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enfield

3 million to pay for the new Mansion, 6 million in the sky rocket !

All for doing SFA

fulhamben

i cant be the only one thinking what are you going on about
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Enfield

Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2020, 08:28:25 PM

Getting dismissed after a month on a three year contract at 3 million a year equates to a total sum of 9 million pounds.
Is there an incentive to succeed or to fail

alfie

Quote from: Enfield on October 02, 2020, 08:40:21 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2020, 08:28:25 PM

Getting dismissed after a month on a three year contract at 3 million a year equates to a total sum of 9 million pounds.
Is there an incentive to succeed or to fail
That might be good if you actually knew what is in his contract.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

Highly doubt we'd have to pay him the full £9m, unless for some reason we don't want him to take a job at another club for the next three years

Enfield

Quote from: Statto on October 02, 2020, 08:47:21 PM
Highly doubt we'd have to pay him the full £9m, unless for some reason we don't want him to take a job at another club for the next three years

Oh No ? just ask José Mourinho to clarify

fulhamben

Quote from: Enfield on October 02, 2020, 08:52:46 PM

im not sure even the special one would be privy to parkers contract details
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Enfield

Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2020, 08:57:30 PM

Not suggesting he would know the details of the  chauffeur's contract, but he is well versed in contract conditions,
and would know from experience that if you sign a contract for 300K a year for 3 years the payoff for dismissal is
900K. Same as if your contract with your employer has a 3 month notice period, if they sack you you are entitled to 3 months pay.
(Strange that you have to explain every detail on here) 

H4usuallysitting

I'd be surprised if he was on such a sum...when you'd have to take into consideration, win bonuses, position in league, relegation....but what do I know

Twig

Quote from: Enfield on October 02, 2020, 09:23:30 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2020, 08:57:30 PM

Not suggesting he would know the details of the  chauffeur's contract, but he is well versed in contract conditions,
and would know from experience that if you sign a contract for 300K a year for 3 years the payoff for dismissal is
900K. Same as if your contract with your employer has a 3 month notice period, if they sack you you are entitled to 3 months pay.

Actually this is not correct. Terminating a contract without fair reason is by definition a breach. There are then two options; to mutually agree an NDA and settlement (which would never be for the full value of the contract over its entire life), or to impose the termination and settle in court. Even in the latter case where restitution or compensatory damages are awarded they would be very unlikely to be to the full value of the life of the contract.

Dodger53

How would you pay the manager less than most players? Minimum 3 million a year.

St Eve

Most managers are paid less than the players. SP is unlikely getting paid 7 figures

Statto

Quote from: Enfield on October 02, 2020, 09:23:30 PM

Listen to yourself before you start throwing around insults for goodness sake.

If your employer terminates a contract with a three-month notice period, yes you get three months pay. Because for those three months, you're still an employee. Most employers will make you work those three months. If you're lucky enough to be put on garden leave, what happens? You can't start your new job until it's over so have to sit at home pottering around.

Now apply the same logic to Parker. I don't know the exact terms of his contract, or even what's conventional in football managers' contracts, but common sense says that if we continue to pay him for the full three-year term (whether over the course of those three years, or in a £9m lump sum as you envisage) then we can keep him on garden leave for three years.

So if Parker wants to be free to take a job at some Championship club in November, he's going to have to negotiate. In which case we may well just offer to pay him to the end of the month. Take it or leave it Scott...

Strange that you have to explain every detail on here

fcfulham55

Get several of us on here to sell our houses and cars.

Perhaps a couple if you live near CC! They're like 5 times more than my house value!.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Justme

Isn't that the same for all employees of an organisation - they get paid according to their contract until they leave (i.e. until contract end/termination). Difference in some businesses (i.e. football) is people (managers, players, etc.) are on fixed term contracts rather than permanent contracts with a limited notice/termination period.
Therefore all managers, players, etc. at all clubs potentially have the same incentive to just see out their contract. Not sure why it should be any different at Fulham.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Dodger53 on October 02, 2020, 10:16:45 PM
How would you pay the manager less than most players? Minimum 3 million a year.

Whilst I'm not privy to Parker's contract info, this isn't always the case.

Look how much the likes of Messi, Neymar, CR7 etc are on.

Do you think their respective bosses are on the same?