watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

League will get canceled

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 03, 2020, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Very much enjoyed seeing the responses to this - needed a couple good laughs - thanks for indulging me 🤣😂😅
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

General

The data suggests that young people aren't as heavily at risk, not only that but they're now in the elite sports bubble so it can be managed. Football and the premier league is a huge brand for this country and also a great way to keep people engaged - although in some instances it can affect domestic violence rates when teams lose. I'd be suprised if it is cancelled.

Plodder

Cancelling the Premier League would be a terrible example to set to the rest of society. Of course Covid-19 should not be dismissed lightly.  It can be the fatal final blow for some, and it can cause severe and long term illness, but the fear and the reaction has become disproportionate to the genuine risk it represents to society, compared with the long term damage to health and society of the well-intentioned suppression measures. We could cancel top flight professional football and rugby union (16 Sale players have tested positive for Covid-19), which would certainly stop other players contracting it, but if people think the imminent arrival of a vaccine to solve this, they are sadly mistaken.  If we are going to stop any activity as soon as someone involved tests positive for Covid-19, we might as well all live permanently in sealed buildings with food delivered to us by selected individuals in full PPE gear.  We have to learn to judge what is the right balance between reasonable precautions and continuing to "live" rather than just continuing to "exist".

deadcowboys

Maybe our best bet for survival is to follow Super League's example, finish the SL season & cancel the Championship then relegate no teams from SL as no equitable way of deciding which Championship teams should replace the relegated ones. If they kick Toronto out for not fulfilling their fixtures they may have to pick 1 or play a team light.