watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

League will get canceled

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 03, 2020, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Positive Covid 19 tests popping up all over. Wouldn't be surprised if it's canceled and we're saved this years embarrassment. Anyone else think so? It may be our only hope... and I'm usually not this blatantly negative  094.gif 094.gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

sonnyjim

You're probably right, the second wave will be worse than the first.  :016:

Fulham76

Quote from: sonnyjim on October 03, 2020, 12:47:27 AM
You're probably right, the second wave will be worse than the first.  :016:

Why??

copthornemike

Simple answer is no for the Premiership at least - too much money at stake if cannot fulfil TV obligations.
In extremis clubs might have to formally 'bubble' squads between matches. Once infected a player if produced a subsequent negative result could essentially be deemed as being no / very low risk (as there have been rare instances of apparent re-infections). Also any sign of an approved vaccine clubs will make sure they are ahead of the queue. The only risk is an extended Premiership season, not a cancelled one in my opinion.
The only reason to cancel would be if players would have fatalities (unlikely for such a age group) in which case potential counter litigation might make completion of TV deals a PR disaster.

MikeTheCubed

If hysteria prevails over common sense.

KingofCheese

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on October 03, 2020, 01:26:34 AM

Yep, like you I know its all rubbish - look at Trump he doesn't wear a mask and he is fine...isn't he..er...
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Statto

Quote from: KingofCheese on October 03, 2020, 02:01:45 AM

Yep, like you I know its all rubbish - look at Trump he doesn't wear a mask and he is fine...isn't he..er...

Well let's have it right, as it stands he is indeed fine.
If he dies you might have a point.
But in the much more likely scenario that he makes a quick and complete recovery, probably experiencing nothing more than a mild fever for a few days, then all this hysteria by people half his age (and weight) will look a bit silly.
And I'm sure he won't hesitate to trumpet about it on Twitter.

The Rock

Any delay is welcomed. I would like to see TK not send FFC to hell.

There is no chance.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: KingofCheese on October 03, 2020, 02:01:45 AM

According to the CDC's latest estimates Trump's age gives him a 94.6% chance of recovering at the very least, but in all likelihood much higher than that given his proximity to 70.

With Premier League footballers having an average age of ~26.75 they are deemed to have a 99.98% chance of recovering, but again in all likelihood much higher given their closer proximity of age to 20 than 49.

My initial post was vague and so it was open for you to read it however you wanted, but yes I do think the fear mongering aspect of all this is rubbish.

rebel

Why would they canc
Quote from: OhConnah on October 03, 2020, 12:44:12 AM
Positive Covid 19 tests popping up all over. Wouldn't be surprised if it's canceled and we're saved this years embarrassment. Anyone else think so? It may be our only hope... and I'm usually not this blatantly negative  094.gif 094.gif

Why would they cancel it? They have found a formula to manage it, it works for everyone at the moment (clearly fans are missing out on attending matches, match revenue for clubs, but it's making the best of a bad situation). The players are tested, isolated if needed. 

Big T

Quote from: OhConnah on October 03, 2020, 12:44:12 AM
Clutching at straws mate 🤣
Next level

Woolly Mammoth

It will not be cancelled, and even if it was that will not save us, because the other clubs will propose a vote of no confidence due to the embarrassment we are causing the Premier League, and the EPL will sue the club for bringing English Football into disrepute as we are tainting the image of the Premier League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 03, 2020, 08:17:38 AM
It will not be cancelled, and even if it was that will not save us, because the other clubs will propose a vote of no confidence due to the embarrassment we are causing the Premier League, and the EPL will sue the club for bringing English Football into disrepute as we are tainting the image of the Premier League.

That's a bit 'harsh'.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on October 03, 2020, 08:55:43 AM

That's a bit 'harsh'.

' I know '  it was a little tongue in cheek.

Never forget your Roots.

The Old Count

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 03, 2020, 09:00:59 AM

That's a bit 'harsh'.

Did you mean, 'A little tusk in cheek'?

Andy S

It is one step towards no promotion and no relegation or maybe just the team that finishes top but only if they win the league by at least 10 points. The big problem clubs have is they need to spend in excess of 100m to compete

toshes mate

There's always a World War, a massive asteroid attack, a truly devastating electro-magnetic solar flare event, an enormous terrestrial volcanic and earth quake event, or an alien invasion, all to be reckoned with, standing in the queue just behind SARS-CoV-2 waiting for their chance to have a go if other attempts (to prevent FFC self destructing) fail.  There but for the grace of God (John Bradford) ...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Old Count on October 03, 2020, 09:19:23 AM

That's a bit 'harsh'.

Did you mean, 'A little tusk in cheek'?

Yes 🐘 I confess.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on October 03, 2020, 10:01:28 AM
There's always a World War, a massive asteroid attack, a truly devastating electro-magnetic solar flare event, an enormous terrestrial volcanic and earth quake event, or an alien invasion, all to be reckoned with, standing in the queue just behind SARS-CoV-2 waiting for their chance to have a go if other attempts (to prevent FFC self destructing) fail.  There but for the grace of God (John Bradford) ...

You forgot to mention the occasional Viking Raid.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

That's a bit 'harsh'.

Or a big tongue in open mouth.
No offence intended, just couldn't resist the obvious response.