more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Search for players

Started by Ajd1968, October 03, 2020, 09:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Middlesexclub on October 04, 2020, 09:52:45 AM
I would imagine we were promised the loan of one of Arsenal or Chelsea's Centre Backs . Unfortunately those deals are not done until last minute and may not even Happy this year. They also know they can still buy Championship CBs after Monday's deadline. Let's hope they do it.

Agreed, and perhaps the Crack Recruitment Unit should have gone for these CBs in the first place, and in the second place are probably a step up from players overseas and far away that have never been heard before.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

The play-off final was eight weeks ago. Plans should have been in place and targets identified in advance irrespective of the division we would be in. It's nothing short of negligence that the club haven't to date recruited at least one centre back. Any decent recruitment team should IMO have been sufficiently competent to entice someone to sign before a ball was kicked. It's a disgrace that that hasn't happened.

hovewhite

CBs have been a problem since Khan's came in, it's been the same since the 1st window and got worse amazing ineptitude by the Khan's the 2 of them.

Sting of the North

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 04, 2020, 09:54:35 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 03, 2020, 11:06:33 PM
I always find it interesting how many on here are seemingly in the know as they have a lot of details on our transfers yet they never share any of it until they complain about failed ones. Because surely it is not just making stuff up to complain about?

What should be easy to complain about is the lack of key signings, but somehow a lot of posters also knows the exact reasons for our failings, so that they can complain a little more in detail.

Would anyone care to elaborate to us less in the know about how we know that we have failed because of us "playing the market", instead of any other possible reasons?

Thanks

Of course we don't know all the fine details but as humans we like to reason and rationalise things that are important to us. 
It what keeps forums like this going.

Your superior approach in your posts could be seen by many as sticking your head in the sand rather than attempting to explain the recruitment behaviour with reasons and rationalise what's going on.

Even if some are not appropriate, its reasonable to follow this process in order to form a conclusion or judgment.

Nowhere in my post did I mean suggest that people are not free to reason or try to rationalise on whatever topic they see fit, so my apologies if it came across that way. I merely meant to question why so many seem to chose one potential unconfirmed explanation over all others in order to be able to show our recruitment team in the worst possible light. There is not much reason in outright dismissing all potentail explanations except the one that fits your preferred narrative in my opinion. Personally I much prefer the more neutral stance in those circumstances, and if that is what you believe is a superior approach in my posts then so be it. But maybe it is the absolute massive amount of whining and outright abuse towards the Khan's, Parker and many players  on here lately that has made me too sensitive, when I should of course just ignore those posters.

Personally I prefer "sticking my head in the sand" by not buying into every negative theory presented about our owners on here unless there is some at least decently convincing information backing it up. That doesn't mean that I cannot judge them on their results in the transfer window, because ultimately it would in my opinion be a huge failure if we at least don't upgrade our central defense. In that scenario it doesn't matter if every failed signing was down to penny pinching or pure unlucky circumstances because in the end results matter. On a particular transfer however I wouldn't pretend to know what happened just to be able to magnify my complaints.

ALG01

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 03, 2020, 11:06:33 PM
I always find it interesting how many on here are seemingly in the know as they have a lot of details on our transfers yet they never share any of it until they complain about failed ones. Because surely it is not just making stuff up to complain about?

What should be easy to complain about is the lack of key signings, but somehow a lot of posters also knows the exact reasons for our failings, so that they can complain a little more in detail.

Would anyone care to elaborate to us less in the know about how we know that we have failed because of us "playing the market", instead of any other possible reasons?

Thanks

I haven't commented in this thread yet but i do know the reason we are struggling to get the players we need in.
We all know the reason.
For each particular player we are linked to and fail, there may be a specific issue, but taken as a whole bundle and based on previous recent and not so recent transfer windows I think we can generally all piece together why we are left in this ridiculous situation once again.
I note Villa and leeds who were prepared to do the necessary and sign 'the right' players at the right time have started with assurance. It may not work out in the end for them but they surely got off to flyers.

toshes mate

Quote from: ALG01 on October 05, 2020, 12:51:36 PM
We all know the reason.
Oh how I wish that were true but I, for one, believe there is more than just one reason.   

I believe we should be better than we are but I cannot honestly offer more than my feelings as to why I believe that.   What I will do is close my eyes and ears to what might have been and get on and support what is.