watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Search for players

Started by Ajd1968, October 03, 2020, 09:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajd1968

Nothing says struggling like being seen frantically trying to buy any available lower level centre halves across Europe.
Not only are these players going to be not good enough but we will also pay way over the price and make poor contract deals as we have done previously by scrambling around at the last minute

Baszab

And that's why it was worth paying "over the odds" - not screwing the selling club down - at the beginning of the window - totally shortsighted just on an ego trip of "dealing" or "playing the market"

Statto

Quote from: Baszab on October 03, 2020, 09:45:31 PM
And that's why it was worth paying "over the odds" - not screwing the selling club down - at the beginning of the window - totally shortsighted just on an ego trip of "dealing" or "playing the market"

100% spot on

H4usuallysitting

It looks/sounds like they've been trying to get a loan player/s in ... I strongly believe, the management expect us to go down

Jims Dentist

And yet we are making the same mistake yet again.

When I say we?

AnOldBrownie

Agreed.

filham

It seems we have played this window like a game of poker but as the widow deadline is upon us we are the ones over the proverbial barrel.
We will be paying big money for left overs.

Sting of the North

I always find it interesting how many on here are seemingly in the know as they have a lot of details on our transfers yet they never share any of it until they complain about failed ones. Because surely it is not just making stuff up to complain about?

What should be easy to complain about is the lack of key signings, but somehow a lot of posters also knows the exact reasons for our failings, so that they can complain a little more in detail.

Would anyone care to elaborate to us less in the know about how we know that we have failed because of us "playing the market", instead of any other possible reasons?

Thanks

Nero

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 03, 2020, 10:04:46 PM
It looks/sounds like they've been trying to get a loan player/s in ... I strongly believe, the management expect us to go down

I expect its because there is a world wide pandemic and income has greatly been reduce due to no fans for no one knows how and are being sensible with the cash.

NJFulham

American monopolists like the Khans are obsessed with things like "profit margin".

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Statto

Quote from: Nero on October 03, 2020, 11:08:41 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 03, 2020, 10:04:46 PM

I expect its because there is a world wide pandemic and income has greatly been reduce due to no fans for no one knows how and are being sensible with the cash.

Yeah I'm sure with £130m in TV money and a multibillionaire owner we'll be well screwed if we lose that £10m in gate receipts

Slaphead in Qatar

I don't believe we have been looking for centre backs since Wembley. I think only this week we have really intensified our search for centre backs

sonnyjim

It's just typical Fulham fashion, wait until the very last minute to sign players that we desperately need.

I don't think we will sign anyone now, I don't think there's enough time. All these transfer rumours are just embarrassing.

The Rock

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 03, 2020, 11:06:33 PM
I always find it interesting how many on here are seemingly in the know as they have a lot of details on our transfers yet they never share any of it until they complain about failed ones. Because surely it is not just making stuff up to complain about?

What should be easy to complain about is the lack of key signings, but somehow a lot of posters also knows the exact reasons for our failings, so that they can complain a little more in detail.

Would anyone care to elaborate to us less in the know about how we know that we have failed because of us "playing the market", instead of any other possible reasons?

Thanks

I am in the know. I know the Khans have failed in signing any CB's at the time of typing this sentence. FACT.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rock on October 04, 2020, 01:53:00 AM

Thanks

I am in the know. I know the Khans have failed in signing any CB's at the time of typing this sentence. FACT.

Not that it has anything to do with my post, but good for you I guess.

rebel

Thanks

It was well known to all including the club that an area of weakness was the defence, yes they've recruited some players, but you would think that from past experience in the Prem (conceding a ton of goals - poor recruitment - 2018) they wouldn't leave Centre Backs till the last minute. Yes, we are in 'exceptional times', but that is why the club should be more 'pro - active' not 're - active'. Yes we don't know how 'pro - active' the club has been, but Tweet's from the DOF explaining why we haven't recruited Centre Backs only confirms the fans fears, there are only a couple of days left. We've already seen in three matches that the 'defence' is leaking goals, time is running out.   

bog

Quote from: sonnyjim on October 03, 2020, 11:39:20 PM
It's just typical Fulham fashion, wait until the very last minute to sign players that we desperately need.

I don't think we will sign anyone now, I don't think there's enough time. All these transfer rumours are just embarrassing.

+1 100%

Baszab

Unfortunately it has happened before - The board have form on this - there is a repeating pattern to this "squad planning" and it is positively amateurish - I know from a previous manager first hand - is that enough ITK ?

Middlesexclub

I would imagine we were promised the loan of one of Arsenal or Chelsea's Centre Backs . Unfortunately those deals are not done until last minute and may not even Happy this year. They also know they can still buy Championship CBs after Monday's deadline. Let's hope they do it.

bill taylors apprentice

Thanks

Of course we don't know all the fine details but as humans we like to reason and rationalise things that are important to us. 
It what keeps forums like this going.

Your superior approach in your posts could be seen by many as sticking your head in the sand rather than attempting to explain the recruitment behaviour with reasons and rationalise what's going on.

Even if some are not appropriate, its reasonable to follow this process in order to form a conclusion or judgment.