more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives & Negatives from Today

Started by howitis, October 04, 2020, 04:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Positives
1) Robinson - he is raw and will not always make the right decisions yet but he is committed and his pace, power and eagerness to move forward is something we have been desperately missing. Should stick with him for a run of games
2) Lookman - it is clear that we have found a gem. Cant believe others were not in for this lad. Sensational ..
3) Cairney/Aguissa both had ok games - need strong DM to compliment these 2.
4) Goalkeeper had a great game today in every aspect of his play. He is an upgrade on what we had even if Roadak has potential

Negatives
1) CB's did their best today but we all know we need replacements
2) Kamara a complete and utter waste of space.
3) Aina - lets hope he is unfit but his passing and decision making was worrying at times
4) Bryan did not look comfortable in this new role and had a poor game. More time on the training ground required but sadly we dont have a Ray Lewington ..
5) Mitro totally isolated
6) Cavaleiro / Bobby Reid - both have the tools and are intelligent players (I will conveniently forget Cav flick in first half 5 yards out from our pen area)but its been a long times since either justified regular inclusion.
7) Parker is way too negative in his approach. I do understand that we needed to tighten things up but apart from a brief late spell we offered nothing in attack and the Wolves GK didn't have a shot of note to save.
8) Who is going to join Fuham now ? Lets hope a loan or possibly a buy with the potential to leave should we be relegated

AnOldBrownie

Agree with everything you said.  We need to sign another attack minded player...and start Lookman in two weeks.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

WolverineFFC

Positives:
1) SP has adapted to a more defensive minded 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, whatever you want to refer to it as. It is more solid. You can always get more expansive later on, but the club have to stop the leaking first.
2) Thought Lookman, Robinson, and Aina all look capable at this level.
3) Really like the looks of a couple partnerships on the left. Bryan w Robinson. Lookman w Robinson.
4) TC looked committed today. The version of him that was there today is one the club need every week.

Negatives:
1) CB's are what they are. Both made errors. Tim Ream again with a failed clearance and the club were fortunate that MLM was not punished when he got caught out on the breakaway. Overall they played pretty well, but unforced defensive errors lead to goals at this level. The club need 2 CB's minimum.
2) Cav. That error in the 1st half is unforgiveable. It is why I cannot see a way forward for he or Knock at this level. Too many flippant passes and switch off moments. That could have been a morale breaker early on.
3) The club need one more attacker. There needs to be some kind of change up or different option off the bench for Mitro or if he gets injured... I shudder to think.

All in all it was the best performance of the season. But Wolves were also very poor, so the club need to repeat this before I trust it.

colinwhite

We also looked much more balanced and werent wide open. we transitioned to defense much quicker today with the whole eleven and we were a team ,not perfect but  a team .Thought Aina had decent game and defended the far post on his side well. With stronger and faster Cbs we would have got at least a point ,maybe 3.
Cavalero was poor. His little flick ouside our box in the first half summed up his play.

Parker mad some big decisions to day that no-one saw coming. They worked to alarge degree ,apart from the result, and there is clearly competion for places. If kamaras chance falls to Lookman we get the point.
The was lot more to be positive today thn negative.

F(f)CUK

Anguissa looked good but still has a tendency to let his man run past him without reacting.

FFC In Oz

I agree with most of that.

I think the main negative though is that we struggled to create anything until Lookman came on the pitch.

AnOldBrownie

Negative: Too reliant on crosses into the box.

This is not the Championship.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk