White Noise

2010 so far in The Prem

P 34 W 7 D 13 L 14 Pts 34

Hodgson - P 19 W 5 D 4 L 10

Hughes - P 15 W 2 D 9 L 4

Terminal decline or meaningless stats?

The Equalizer

Meaningless twaddle.

Well, it would be if we were sitting in 6th place with 2 games in hand...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

I think it shows what most of us already knew. Despite the excuse of the Europa we simply were not very good with an ageing squad before Hughes joined, too late to make a difference until January.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Agreed we do have an ageing side (love to know the stats on that one-- are we the oldest side in the Prem?)
With not much new young blood pushing through... but was not Salcido and Demblee Marks signings ....... the glitter has certainly rubbed off those two quite quickly... hope his picks in January are more in his own likeness, although I still get the feeling he doesn't want to be here..... what was he doing at the Barca v Real game Sunday night????, putting himself in the shop window???
Should have been watching one of prem games in England...

Lighthouse

Well Hughes has been silly in trying to bring both Dembele and Sal back from injury too early. It will be the end of FEB before we can really start to point Hughes to the exit. Even then Big AL would have had to have spend to bring in 2 forwards a central midfielder or two plus a few odds and sods.

I said at the time it was a bigger job than most thought. I still say the Europa blinded us to what Fulham were doing which was not winning many games in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

michaelread

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 01, 2010, 01:12:26 AM
(love to know the stats on that one-- are we the oldest side in the Prem?)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb_GB1.html

yep, the oldest by a fair bit too, stoke is the closest but other than that, the gap is nearly a whole year