News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Baumgartl - anybody know anything about this lad...

Started by howitis, October 05, 2020, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

looks a tad underwhelming on paper and would like to know if anybody has seen this lad play. What are his strongest attributes ?

The above looks like a done deal.

As for Andersen or Tobido which would be the presence and why ?

rebel

Quote from: howitis on October 05, 2020, 09:43:48 AM
looks a tad underwhelming on paper and would like to know if anybody has seen this lad play. What are his strongest attributes ?

The above looks like a done deal.

As for Andersen or Tobido which would be the presence and why ?

Looks like him and Anderson, but could be Tobido as well. It's like 'musical chairs', when the music stops, Khan Jr is playing the music.

fulhamben

6 ft 2, pretty quick as well for a tall cb. only 24.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HillingdonFFC

Know nothing about him but doing a bit of reading & research in the last few days he doesn't sound like he's what we need. Read a lot of comments from PSV  & other Dutch fans who said he's rank average
Having said that, if he comes I'll give him a chance & make my own mind up.

howitis

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 05, 2020, 09:50:34 AM
Know nothing about him but doing a bit of reading & research in the last few days he doesn't sound like he's what we need. Read a lot of comments from PSV  & other Dutch fans who said he's rank average

yep have a feeling that this might not be the answer but hey your right we will assess him on merit when he plays ..

howitis

Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2020, 09:47:30 AM

speed sounds good. We are definitely short in that department through the middle.

Must admit our of all the names linked I was most hopeful of Omar Colley an uncompromising tough stopper. We need a tough CB who takes no prisoners ...

junior white

Speaking to my dad (knows belge and Dutch football) said he is a solid defender, not spectacular. But then your want solid defenders i guess

Wingnut

One my best mates goes to watch PSV when he's over there for work. Told me Baumgartl is an honest lad, with a bit of pace, who'll work hard for the team. He can't get into the starting XI at PSV and he wants/needs to move on. With time and the right coach, he may turn into something decent but he's far from the finished article when it comes to the PL.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jim©

He's decent- solid, reads the game pretty well and I'd say looks similar to Brede in mobility stakes (the way he moves) and slightly quicker.
He's had a fairly bad time in Holland, not exactly sure why.
I reckon he could do a good job for us.

Still surprised no one's tried to buy Dumfries.

rebel

Quote from: howitis on October 05, 2020, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 05, 2020, 09:47:30 AM

speed sounds good. We are definitely short in that department through the middle.

Must admit our of all the names linked I was most hopeful of Omar Colley an uncompromising tough stopper. We need a tough CB who takes no prisoners ...

Agree, Omar Colley sounded promising, lots of good things to like, passing etc.

WestSussexWhite

Out of all the CB's we have been linked with, the one I want most is Andersen. He is the most complete of all the CB's we have been linked wiyh

fulhamben

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 05, 2020, 10:23:35 AM
Out of all the CB's we have been linked with, the one I want most is Andersen. He is the most complete of all the CB's we have been linked wiyh
have you seen him play at all. i cant recall seeing him once
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Wingnut on October 05, 2020, 10:09:41 AM

One my best mates goes to watch PSV when he's over there for work. Told me Baumgartl is an honest lad, with a bit of pace, who'll work hard for the team. He can't get into the starting XI at PSV and he wants/needs to move on. With time and the right coach, he may turn into something decent but he's far from the finished article when it comes to the PL.

Can't get in PSV team, generally not rated by people who follow the Eredivisie but Tone thinks he can do the job for Fulham in the premier League?
We'll see if he comes. Hopefully he steps up. Still young for a CB

filham

Quote from: howitis on October 05, 2020, 09:54:34 AM

yep have a feeling that this might not be the answer but hey your right we will assess him on merit when he plays ..

What did we know about Hangeland before we signed him not much but of course Roy did. Lets hope Parker has cast an eye over this lad.

Huxley

set himself the aim of making the German team. A poor man's  Koch (now at Leeds). Would be a solid if unspectacular CB. Played in the German U21s with the likes of Kehrer, Koch and Tah but still got games at CB. Relegated with Stuttgart (after a 7th spot finish the year before). PSV seems to be quite low on choices for CB looking at transfermarkt, would they really let him go if he is seen essential?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Seem to recall him being highly rated in his VfB Stuttgart days but has seemed to have slipped off the radar since then.

We Are Premier League

he is not starting at PSV and they cant afford to keep a 9m signing on the bench. We will hopefully pay less (or same) than the 9m they paid given that he never fully made it with them.