watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFL - Tammy Abraham's birthday party 'breached rule of six'

Started by fulhamfever, October 05, 2020, 12:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12090512/coronavirus-tammy-abrahams-birthday-party-breached-rule-of-six-fa-investigating

Again the reason why the working man will take it seriously and the rich and famous won't is simple they can afford to pay their fines.

Role models these so called 'Footballers' are supposed to be, children look up to players like Sancho etcetera

How do you explain this to your child? 

ALG01

We often forget these are young men that are insulated from real life and like so many of their age unless they are given more specific instruction, black and white, some are bound to stray from the straight and narrow especially when on international duty because they are seeing old friends for the first time in ages.

Personally i think they all deserve a kick up the you know where and be sent home, but not hung out to dry forever.

I hate it when they are forced to publicly apologise for making a mistake. This was not a mistake, they knew what they did was wrong when they were doing it. But still they are not alone and HMGs guidance is less than brilliant in tone.... look at trump breaking the lockdown (OK it is the states but the point remains good) driving round setting the wrong example. The advice/riule is if you are sick with the virus, stay home, do not go out. I would go on but the thread will be locked as I would risk drifting into politics.

Mince n Tatties

bog

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 05, 2020, 12:06:33 PM

Explain to your child that around 10% of people that you meet in your life are idiots.
You could also tell them that it doesn't matter if they're working class, middle class or royalty. Likewise the "idiot" quota is not colour specific- literally anyone can be an idiot.

Syd Cupp

Punish them by making them play for England...!!!

In all seriousness Ban them from playing for 2 weeks (the usual Quarantine time) and fine them 2 weeks wages with the money going to a Covid related charity.

toshes mate

Meanwhile the article clearly suggests Tammy Abraham acted with considerable maturity in a situation he would have wanted to avoid.

Lyle from Hangeland

Mince n Tatties

Huxley

Tammy would have been surprised put into a situation. Sancho and Chillwell though would have had the option to pull out once tehy realise there would be more then 3 other people there.  Wonder if his Fulham younger brother Timmy(???) was there. I presume U23s are tested just like the pros?  No doubt he was and no doubt 1 of the friends and family has asymptomatic Covid19.  Not a matter of how much you earn, just some young people think that rules don't apply to them.

fulhamfever

You are missing the point, they post all over social media like this is acceptable behaviour. They all know the rules and broke them simple as.

My point is the rich get away with it whilst the working man is a sucker

KingofCheese

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 05, 2020, 12:06:33 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12090512/coronavirus-tammy-abrahams-birthday-party-breached-rule-of-six-fa-investigating

Again the reason why the working man will take it seriously and the rich and famous won't is simple they can afford to pay their fines.

Role models these so called 'Footballers' are supposed to be, children look up to players like Sancho etcetera

How do I explain it to my child? Depends on how old the child is. I bring up my children to question the world that they live in and encourage them to have an open and independent mind. If my child started to display a slavish devotion to a celebrity and started to follow them unquestionably then that would be a cause of concern with deeper implications. If in this case they can't decide for themselves that he has behaved selfishly I would point it out by asking them to project the likely effects of large groups of people congregating - they will soon work it out.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 05, 2020, 01:54:11 PM
Don't care. Freedom. Hugs to Tammy.

Freedom for who? Freedom for say the domestic servants and other staff and their families that these people will undoubtedly employ to get Covid from one of the guests? As this is a disease that doesn't ask permission to infect people I would suggest that your freedom in this case is actually selfishness.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 05, 2020, 03:00:36 PM
You are missing the point, they post all over social media like this is acceptable behaviour. They all know the rules and broke them simple as.

To be fair, as a working man I make my own decisions and one of which is not to break the rules so I can stay safe - Trump thought he could flout the rules and get away with it - he failed -my be Tammy and his pals will rue their breaking of the rules soon into the future too.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

filham

These overpaid young men have to learn that responsibility and lack of complete freedom is a price that has to balance thei hug wages.

john dempsey

Quote from: KingofCheese on October 05, 2020, 03:12:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on October 05, 2020, 03:00:36 PM

To be fair, as a working man I make my own decisions and one of which is not to break the rules so I can stay safe - Trump thought he could flout the rules and get away with it - he failed -my be Tammy and his pals will rue their breaking of the rules soon into the future too.
WTF. is Trump doing at Tammy Abrams birthday bash.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: KingofCheese on October 05, 2020, 03:10:15 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 05, 2020, 01:54:11 PM
Don't care. Freedom. Hugs to Tammy.

Freedom for who? Freedom for say the domestic servants and other staff and their families that these people will undoubtedly employ to get Covid from one of the guests? As this is a disease that doesn't ask permission to infect people I would suggest that your freedom in this case is actually selfishness.

Is it not also selfish to demand that others not infect you? I think it is. Life goes on regardless of Covid, which is nothing like any sweating sickness or plague. It can't even kill Neil Warnock or Donald Trump.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

If he wasn't a footballer, would anyone care? He is a footballer and I still don't.

All this covid nonsense is such an over exaggeration which has decimated the economy for generations. Look at the figures, without question people have sadly died, but what about the 100s of thousands that die from flu each year? Even though flu has a vaccine. Fit and healthy people, and especially elite athletes like this, will feel rough, might even need to stay at home, but it's very unlikely to kill them.

sunburywhite

Difference is if I am off sick I get Statutory Sick Pay

He still gets 50k a week (or however much)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me