watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 07/10/20...

Started by WhiteJC, October 06, 2020, 10:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Chelsea fans will love Ruben Loftus-Cheek's reason for making Fulham loan switch

The 24-year-old will spend the 2020/21 campaign at Craven Cottage

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has insisted his loan move to Fulham is all about getting back to his 'best football'.

The 24-year-old completed a season-long loan deal with Chelsea's fellow west London club on transfer deadline day.

It has been a tough 18 months for the England international, who suffered a ruptured Achilles' tendon in May 2019.

He didn't make a return to first team action until June this year with set-backs in his recovery, and has made just ten competitive appearances since then.

Loftus-Cheek started Chelsea's opening Premier League game at Brighton, however looked way below his best and hasn't featured in another match.

Fulham have made a difficult start to their campaign, with four defeats in their opening four matches.

But Loftus-Cheek is hoping to change things around at Craven Cottage and show the ability that he has during his spell with the club.

"I'm really happy to come 'next door,' if you will," Loftus-Cheek said.

"I watched Fulham at the start of the season and they looked like they're playing decent football.

"With this manager, I think I can get back to my best football. That's the main thing for me, to find my form and help this team win games."

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/ruben-loftus-cheek-chelsea-future-19056051

WhiteJC

Ruben Loftus-Cheek joins Fulham from Chelsea in transfer deadline day loan move

Twenty-four-year-old completes move across south-west London to gain first-team football after being frozen out by Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek has joined Fulham on a loan deal which will keep him at Craven Cottage for the duration of the 2020/21 season.

The 24-year-old had recently struggled to find consistent playing time at Stamford Bridge after the coronavirus pandemic disrupted the England international's return from an Achilles tendon injury.

Loftus-Cheek was previously linked with Aston Villa and Southampton, but he said he was excited to try and get back to his "best football" with Fulham.

He said: "I'm really happy to come 'next door,' if you will!

"I watched Fulham at the start of the season and they looked like they're playing decent football.

"With this manager, I think I can get back to my best football. That's the main thing for me, to find my form and help this team win games."

Fulham owner Tony Khan added: "I'm thrilled to announce the arrival of Ruben Loftus-Cheek to Fulham Football Club on loan from Chelsea FC.

"Ruben is a world-class player in the prime of his career, he has earned great experience in the Premier League, and we believe he will be so valuable to our club in our fight ahead of us. Come on Fulham!"

PA

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-ruben-loftus-cheek-joins-fulham-transfer-deadline-day-loan-b828894.html

WhiteJC

Fulham sign "world-class" midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea

Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek has joined Fulham on a loan deal which will keep him at Craven Cottage for the duration of the 2020/21 season.

The 24-year-old had recently struggled to find consistent playing time at Stamford Bridge after the coronavirus pandemic disrupted the England international's return from an Achilles tendon injury.

Loftus-Cheek was previously linked with Aston Villa and Southampton, but he said he was excited to try and get back to his "best football" with Fulham.

He said: "I'm really happy to come 'next door,' if you will!

Fulham owner Tony Khan added: "I'm thrilled to announce the arrival of Ruben Loftus-Cheek to Fulham Football Club on loan from Chelsea FC.

"Ruben is a world-class player in the prime of his career, he has earned great experience in the Premier League, and we believe he will be so valuable to our club in our fight ahead of us. Come on Fulham!"

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/fulham-sign-world-class-midfielder-ruben-loftus-cheek-on-loan-from-chelsea_417440.html

WhiteJC

Fulham secure services of injury-hit Chelsea midfielder

Fulham secured the arrival of Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek just in time before Monday's transfer deadline.

The England international had been linked with a move away from the Blues as he sought regular game time following his return to fitness.

Loftus-Cheek has started just three league matches since the start of the 2019/20 season, but did feature from the off in the opening weekend win over Brighton.

However, the 24-year-old wasn't included in any of the subsequent three matchdays squads for meetings with Liverpool, West Brom and Crystal Palace.

Aston Villa had been linked with a move for Loftus-Cheek, but instead elected to move for Ross Barkley, who scored on his debut in their 7-2 win over Liverpool.

Loftus-Cheek has been out on loan from Chelsea in the past, impressing during a season-long stint with Crystal Palace in the 2017/18 season.

Fulham, who have taken the midfielder on loan for the remainder of the campaign, will be hoping he can make a similar impact at Craven Cottage as Scott Parker's side seek to improve on a dire start to the campaign having lost their opening four league matches.

https://www.whoscored.com/News/Mfe4rhzQbUijCbSai3YoiA/Show/Fulham-secure-services-of-injury-hit-Chelsea-midfielder

WhiteJC

Natural leader targeting England call-up – the lowdown on Fulham new boy Tosin

Fulham's new signing Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Adarabioyo – Tosin to me and you – was born to Nigerian parents in Manchester. He has repeatedly turned down Nigeria in the hope of a full England cap after appearances at every national-team level from Under-16 to Under-19.

"We have approached Tosin several times to play for Nigeria, but I think he is very committed to his England experience now," says Team Nigeria UK chief David Doherty.

Until he gets that call from Gareth Southgate, Nigeria can still hope for a change of heart of course.

Leader material

At the start of the 2015-16 season Adarabioyo was called to a meeting with Manchester City Under-18s coach Jason Wilcox.

He handed the then-16-year-old the team captaincy.

"I really wanted it," said the defender. "I think I am a leader anyway so it is just part of me really."

Fast forward a couple of years to his start with the Man City U18s.

"At the start I wasn't playing so well, but I think I have started to play very well and started to lead the team as I am captain, so my relationship skills have got a lot better."

Favourite player?

"I love his aggression and his dominance when he's playing," Adarabioyo once said.

"It just shows how he works every day and it shows that I have to work the same as he does to get to the level he is at now – and hopefully be better than him!"

Who was he talking about?

Belgium and City legend Vincent Kompany.

He already has previous with Fulham

He should know something about some of his new team-mates already.

Adarabioyo played 35 times for Blackburn last season, and was on the end of two defeats from the Whites: the opening-day 2-0 reverse at the Cottage, and again when Fulham won 1-0 at Ewood Park on February 8.

He will be the tallest player in his new team by an inch.

At 6ft 5ins tall, he is just a smidge taller than keeper Marek Rodak.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/natural-leader-targeting-england-call-up-the-lowdown-on-fulham-new-boy-tosin

WhiteJC

Win A Signed Loftus-Cheek Shirt

To celebrate the arrival of Ruben Loftus-Cheek, we're giving you the chance to win a 2020/21 Home Shirt signed by the man himself.

For the chance to win Ruben's shirt, simply click below and fill in our form before 11.59pm on Sunday 11th October.

Good luck!

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/october/Win-A-Signed-Loftus-Cheek-Shirt/

WhiteJC

LATE DEAL Ruben Loftus-Cheek hailed as 'world class' as Chelsea midfielder joins Fulham on season-long loan

Fulham hailed the arrival of a 'world-class player in the prime of his career' as they sealed a deadline day loan deal for Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

The 24-year-old has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs this summer, having fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge after Frank Lampard's spending spree.

The England international has recently struggled to find consistent playing time at Chelsea, with the coronavirus pandemic disrupting is long-awaited return from an Achilles tendon injury.

Loftus-Cheek was linked with possible moves to Aston Villa and Southampton.

But Fulham won the race for the central midfielder, who said he was excited to try and get back to his 'best football' at Craven Cottage.

"I'm really happy to come 'next door,' if you will," he said.

"With this manager [former England midfielder Scott Parker], I think I can get back to my best football. That's the main thing for me, to find my form and help this team win games."

The club announced the signing in the early hours of Tuesday morning, well after the transfer deadline had passed, but had completed the deal in time.

"Ruben is a world-class player in the prime of his career, he has earned great experience in the Premier League, and we believe he will be so valuable to our club in our fight ahead of us.

"Come on Fulham!"

Loftus-Cheek's arrival capped off a fairly busy deadline day for Fulham.

The Cottagers also signed two centre-backs in Denmark international Joachim Andersen, 24, on loan from Lyon, and 23-year-old Tosin Adarabioyo in a permanent three-year deal from Manchester City.

It comes after manager Parker put pressure on the board to make signings – and Khan himself vowed to make them – after a nightmare start to the season, having lost all four of their games so far.

https://talksport.com/football/769941/

WhiteJC

'Badly wanted to join us': Tony Khan comments on Fulham's three deadline-day signings

Fulham owner Tony Khan has taken to Twitter to share his thoughts on the Cottagers' three deadline day signings.

Scott Parker's side moved to secure the signatures of Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Joachim Andersen and Tosin Adarabioyo to give themselves the best possible chance of survival.

Loftus-Cheek joins on a season-long loan deal, as does Danish defender Andersen, while a permanent deal has been completed for Adarabioyo, who joins from Manchester City as Sky Sports revealed.

On the capture of Loftus-Cheek, Khan wrote: 'I'm thrilled to announce the arrival of @RLC to @FulhamFC on loan. Ruben's a world-class player in the prime of his career, he's earned great Premier League experience, & we believe he'll be so valuable to our Club in our fight ahead of us! Come on Fulham!'

Elsewhere, speaking about Adarabioyo, the club's owner said: 'I'm very excited to announce the addition of @TosinAdarabioyo to @FulhamFC on a transfer from @ManCity! Tosin's received positive ratings from our data team + coaches, & most importantly Tosin himself badly wanted to join us & he'll come in and fight for our Club! Come on Fulham!'

Lastly, when discussing Anderson, Khan said: 'I'm thrilled to announce the arrival of Joachim Andersen to @FulhamFC on loan from Lyon. He was a top target for us, we worked hard to bring him here & it's so great that he's joined us & that he wants to help us fight to maintain our status in the Premier League! Come on Fulham!'

The Cottagers find themselves without a point after four Premier League games of the season, having scored just three goals while conceding a whopping 11.

Parker has a real job on his hands to keep Fulham in the top-flight, although these three signings – notably the defenders – should boost the club's chances tremendously.

After all, the likes of Tottenham, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid were keen on signing Andersen last summer according to Calcio Napoli 24.

In that respect, Fulham may have landed a coup.

Additionally, Loftus-Cheek was part of Gareth Southgate's 2018 World Cup squad, and is a player of real pedigree, so Khan can pat himself on the back for his deadline day business.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/06/badly-wanted-to-join-us-tony-khan-comments-on-fulhams-three-deadline-day-signings/

WhiteJC

The lowdown on Fulham's new signing Joachim Andersen

It might have been north London for Joachim Andersen but it turned out to be west London instead.

A year ago, Arsenal were reported to have submitted a £44m joint bid to Sampdoria for both the Dane and Dennis Praet.

The Serie A club's president Massimo Ferrero was ready to accept having knocked back a £37m offer from the Gunners, but Unai Emery cooled on the deal, allowing Andersen to move to Lyon instead.

The Gunners soon cooled on Emery.

When Andersen signed a five-year contract with Lyon, the 30 million euros fee was not only the French side's Lyon's record transfer – it was also a record transfer fee for any Danish player.

Andersen is considered a great ball-playing defender with the ability to play both right and left of central defence and even defensive midfield.

In 2018-19, Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozović was the only player in Serie A with more accurate long passes than Andersen.

Considering his tendency to launch long balls, Andersen's overall pass accuracy rate of 88.8% is impressive.

He's come a long way since once nicking a crate of Coca-Cola – and getting an almighty rocket from his dad.

As a 15-year-old, Andersen was at FC Midtjyllands in his native Denmark.

For a prank, he and another junior player saw an unguarded crate of America's favourites soda languishing by an open kitchen door, and decided to distribute it to their team-mates by way of an early Christmas present.

Unfortunately, there CCTV was in action; the pair were spotted, and they got sent home early.

Andersen's dad, Jacob, asked his son whether he wanted to: 'work at McDonald's and go into town, drink beers, and score ladies or give 100% to football?"

Andersen junior was smart enough to opt for the latter.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/the-lowdown-on-joachim-andersen-fulhams-new-signing-who-almost-joined-arsenal

WhiteJC

Why Man City sold Tosin Adarabioyo to Fulham on transfer deadline day

Tosin Adarabioyo has signed for Fulham on transfer deadline day for a fee of up to £2m

Tosin Adarabioyo has left Manchester City after 18 years at the club and its academy to sign for Fulham on transfer deadline day.

The 23-year-old was a star in the youth teams and played up through the age groups before earning a senior debut under Manuel Pellegrini aged just 18. Pep Guardiola was quick to laud the player after arriving at the Etihad in the summer of 2016 and indicated that he would have a bright future in the first team.

However, City faced a battle to keep the player the following year, who needed convincing at the 11th hour to sign a new deal with his existing contract almost up after playing just 121 minutes during that campaign. That did little to increase his opportunities the following season though, and after making just three more starts for the club he has spent the last two years on loan in the Championship.

At first West Brom and then Blackburn, he impressed in a difficult league and as recently as this year still held dreams of captaining the club where he has been at for almost his whole life. But the club's decision not to recall him last season during their defensive difficulties hardly encouraged him to renew a deal that expires in 2021 and his lack of involvement with the first team since returning made a departure inevitable.

Several Premier League teams had shown an interest in the summer but it was not until the end of what has been an exceptional transfer window on the back of the pandemic that Fulham - following a poor start to life back in the top division - took the plunge.

M.E.N. Sport understands that City will receive up to £2million for the transfer and have inserted a 20 per cent sell on fee in the deal.

Adarabioyo will be wished well by the club, and there will be a section of fans concerned to see another academy player allowed to depart for a good club and a reduced sum. Making the jump from the City academy to the first team requires luck and timing as well as many other things though, and Eric Garcia and Taylor Harwood-Bellis have both made the grade in recent years to add to the competition.

Time will tell if Adarabioyo can show City what they have missed out on, but his exit now feels like the right move for everyone involved.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfers-adarabioyo-fulham-19054941

WhiteJC

Adarabioyo joins Fulham

Tosin Adarabioyo has joined Fulham on a permanent deal.

The 23-year-old central defender, a product of our Academy, made his senior City bow in an FA Cup tie against Chelsea in 2016.

He went on to make eight senior appearances in total, figuring in three Carabao Cup matches, three Champions' League group games and a Champions League qualifier.

During his time at the Club, Tosin also enjoyed two separate spells out on loan in the Championship.

He spent the 2018/19 campaign on loan with West Bromwich Albion, making 36 appearances in total and then spent last season on loan with Blackburn Rovers where he made 35 appearances all told, scoring three goals.

Everyone at Manchester City wishes Tosin the very best of luck on his move to Craven Cottage.

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/tosin-adarabioyo-fulham-63737534

WhiteJC

Club 'pushed until the end' for player to sign for Fulham – He 'didn't want to' join Cottagers

After being constantly linked with a handful of Premier League clubs, Barcelona defender Jean-Clair Todibo joined Benfica on a two-year loan deal and the Portuguese side retain an option to make his transfer permanent for €20m.

Fulham were one of the sides in England who wanted to take the 20-year-old and were ready to offer €18m to sign the defender on a permanent deal.

The Cottagers even had an agreement in principle with the La Liga side, but earlier reports indicated the Frenchman and his camp were resisting to move to Craven Cottage, but there was no explanation as to why Todibo wasn't keen on joining the Premier League side.

Journalist Miguel Rico, writing in the last page of today's edition of Mundo Deportivo, details the France U20 international 'did not want to go to London in any way', even though Ronald Koeman's side 'pushed until the end to leave'. 

Rico claims Todibo felt that Fulham, who suffered four defeats in their first four league matches, were not competitive enough.

A move to Fulham would have helped Barcelona earn €18m, but the Catalan club are now forced to settle for a €2m loan fee which they will receive from Benfica.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-pushed-until-the-end-for-player-to-sign-for-fulham-he-didnt-want-to-join-cottagers/

WhiteJC

Report explains why £9m man turned down deadline day Fulham move

Timo Baumgartl turned down a move to Fulham on transfer deadline day as he thought he'd be better suited staying at PSV Eindhoven, according to Dutch publication ED.

While it may not be enough to save their Premier League skin, the Cottagers have given Scott Parker and co some hope of turning things around after a miserable start to the season.

Joachim Andersen and Tosin Adarabioyo have arrived in west London from Lyon and Manchester City respectively to strengthen a back line that has conceded three goals a game on average since 2020/21 began.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek, meanwhile, rocks up with a point to prove and a place in England's European Championship squad in his sights.

So, while Fulham's squad suddenly looks much stronger today than it did a week ago, Parker didn't get all his targets through the door.

A £9 million, former Germany U21 international, Baumgartl was expected to join from Dutch giants PSV until the deal fell through at the eleventh hour.

According to reports, the ex-Stuttgart youngster saw "insufficient opportunities for a sporting development" at Craven Cottage and felt he would be better off staying at the Phillips Stadium – regardless of the fact he is struggling for starts at PSV.

Perhaps Baumgartl felt with his reputation taking a hit on the PSV bench, joining a Fulham side already needing a miracle in the Premier League wouldn't exactly be a step in the right direction regarding his development.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/06/report-explains-why-9m-man-turned-down-deadline-day-fulham-move/

WhiteJC

Fulham's central midfield options make a mockery of West Ham after bizarre deadline day

West Ham United have inexplicably left David Moyes with just two senior central midfield players capable of performing at a high level in the Premier League.

Broke or brewing? West Ham left with just 20 senior players after deadline day clearout

The Hammers embarked on a deadline day clearout with no new arrivals.

Jack Wilshere, Josh Cullen, Xande Silva were all shipped out. And Felipe Anderson is expected to join Porto on loan today.

West Ham left with two central midfielders capable of performing at the top level

That's despite Moyes telling the world just three weeks ago that he desperately needed new central defenders and midfielders (whufc.com).

West Ham's actions have left Moyes's already thin squad hanging by a thread.

The Hammers have just 20 senior players remaining – one of whom is third choice 'training ground' goalkeeper David Martin.

And they have just two central midfielders capable of performing at a high level in the Premier League, with the ageing and increasingly immobile Mark Noble as back-up.

The lack of options is frightening.

Lowly Fulham have eight central midfield options to West Ham's three

And one look across London at relegation favourites Fulham will have West Ham fans deeply concerned.

While West Ham have three senior central midfielders left at the club (Robert Snodgrass does not count), Fulham now have EIGHT.

Moyes must somehow navigate a long season with only Tomas Soucek, Declan Rice and Noble at his disposal. Unless he can find a rare central midfield talent from the Championship before next weekend.

Scott Parker at Fulham has an embarrassment of options by comparison. And this is a team tipped for relegation.

On deadline day Fulham signed Chelsea midfielder and reported West Ham target Ruben Loftus-Cheek as well as two defenders.

What are West Ham thinking?

It means the Cottagers now have England international Loftus-Cheek, Scotland international Tom Cairney, £25m Ivory Coast international Jean Michael Seri, Gabon international Mario Lemina, talented defensive midfielder Harrison Reed, highly-rated former Tottenham starlet Josh Onomah and £30m Cameroon defensive midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa as options in central midfield.

Not one of the eight players is over 30 years old.

Yes Rice and Soucek may be better than all of them. But over the course of a long season – where clubs have not just injuries but potential Covid-19 absences to contend with – you need options and to give players a rest.

Unless West Ham act before next week with some astute signings from the Championship, there could be a tough season in prospect.

https://www.hammers.news/analysis/fulhams-central-midfield-options-make-a-mockery-of-west-ham-after-bizarre-deadline-day/

WhiteJC

In Profile: Tosin Adarabioyo

Rhys Daly takes a closer look at the 23-year-old central defender who is desperate to make his mark on the Premier League.

Tony Khan managed to (almost) silence the doubters with three solid acquisitions on the final day of the summer transfer window – and the least talked about deal could end up being the most influential.

Fulham's defence has been crying out for leadership following the return to the Premier League this season, and despite Tim Ream's improved performance against Wolves on Sunday, he might now be replaced.

That alternative could comes in the form of 23-year-old ambipedal giant Tosin Adarabioyo, who proved to be useful asset in the Championship last season under Tony Mowbray at Blackburn Rovers.

The athletic defender has joined on a three-year permanent deal, but what can we expect on the pitch?

Elite education
Although Tosin had dreams of filling the void left by Vincent Kompany at Manchester City, he's seen enough from the project at Fulham to leave the club he joined at the tender age of five back in 2003.

The Manchester-born 23-year-old stormed through the ranks and was named Under-18s captain aged just 16 before being handed his first taste of senior football in February of 2016 – receiving credit for dealing with Diego Costa better than Martin Demichelis against Chelsea.

Tosin was rewarded with a long-term contract after making Champions League appearances against both Celtic and Shakhtar Donetsk the following year, after which Pep Guardiola placed him in the same bracket at Phil Foden.

Disappointingly for Tosin, he was never handed his chance to impress for City under their Spanish boss in the Premier League despite their struggles at the back, ending his dreams of replacing the commanding Kompany.

Championship chance
In what would be his first taste of regular senior football, Tosin joined West Brom on loan for the 2018/19 Championship season where he made 29 league appearances and helped the club to a fourth-placed league finish.

Darren Moore said of his performances that season: "For one so young, he's mature. He's got a size and a stature, a great understanding of the game and a wonderful temperament.

"There's no mental or physical step for him coming here. The boy has a desire and a thirst for the game.

"He's shown versatility, adaptability and an understanding of the game. He's got a determination to go to the very highest level."

With no chance of any appearances at City, the defender subsequently joined Blackburn last season and had a huge impact on their top-half finish and postive goal difference.

Mowbray was asked about the chances of a permanent deal for Tosin back in July, and he painfully admitted that the club would never be able to afford him.

He told the Lancashire Telegraph: "Ultimately, we couldn't afford him, that's the first part of the question. This is why this loan system is really good because not in a million years could we afford Tosin Adarabioyo."

Before adding: "First and foremost, for his career him and his advisors would expect him to be moving on to try and nail down his career in the Premier League."

Ambitious nature
Although the second tier would have been a comfortable level to remain, Tosin's career targets were always much higher – as he made clear in a chat with the Guardian in January.

He said: "In five years time I'd like to be captain of Man City and have won the Premier League and the Champions League. Definitely it can happen."

Although moving to Fulham would not have been in his initial long-term plans, Tosin will be desperate to prove his worth in London having been brushed aside by the club that raised him.

He told Fulham after the signing was confirmed: "I'm very excited, very excited to get going and finally be playing Premier League football.

"I felt like the time was right to leave the [Man City] and push on. It was the right time in my career to move on and hopefully get a lot of Premier League games."

What to expect
When signing a player for an initial fee of just a few million, fans might be forgiven for having low expectations of a defender that has never played in the top flight.

Having said that, his progression through the ranks at City and with four different England youth teams is a luxury afforded to only those who are deserving in opportunity.

The 6ft 5in left-sided central defender has a calm presence on the ball that is absolutely essential under Scott Parker, and has been praised for his passing ability out of defence.

His long-passing could also help bridge the gap from defence to attack, with his strength and aerial ability also fantastic attributes to have at any level.

The comments of his former managers also show how much of an asset he can be behind the scenes, and another strong presence in the dressing room can do no harm ahead of what promises to be an unforgiving season.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2020-10-06-in-profile-tosin-adarabioyo/

WhiteJC

Time Was Right To Leave Manchester City – Fulham New Boy

Fulham new boy Tosin Adarabioyo has revealed that he felt it was the right time for him to leave his boyhood club Manchester City after sealing a deadline day deal to join the Cottagers.

Adarabioyo left his boyhood club Manchester City on transfer deadline day and made the short trip to the capital to join the Citizens' Premier League rivals Fulham on a permanent deal that cost around £2m.

The centre-back has put pen to paper to a three-year deal at Craven Cottage, with the London club holding the option to extend the player's stay for a further 12 months.

Adarabioyo, a Manchester City academy product, revealed that he felt the time was the right for him to leave the Manchester giants that have been his home since the age of five.

The 23-year-old, who found it hard to break through to Pep Guardiola's first team, is excited at having taken the next step in his career and is hoping to rack up regular minutes in the top flight for the Cottagers.

"I'm very excited, very excited to get going and finally be playing Premier League football", Adarabioyo told Fulham's official site.

"I felt like the time was right to leave the [Manchester City] and push on.

"It was the right time in my career to move on and hopefully get a lot of Premier League games."

Adarabioyo, who had been shipped off on loan spells at West Bromwich Albion and Blackburn Rovers while being on the books at Manchester City, departed the Etihad on a permanent basis after making eight first team appearances for the club.

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/10/06/time-was-right-to-leave-manchester-city-fulham-new-boy/476351/

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town appoint former Fulham and Blackpool man Matt Wright as financial director

Current incumbent Darren Bryant is set to retire after three years with the club

Huddersfield Town have hired a new financial director with the current holder of the position Darren Bryant set to retire.

Bryant has been at the club since their promotion to the Premier League in 2017 having initially been appointed on a one-year part-time basis.

Former Fulham financial controller and Blackpool CFO Matt Wright joins the Terriers immediately and will formally take up the role of financial director from Monday 19th October.

Town chairman Phil Hodgkinson said in the club's statement announcing the appointment: "Darren approached me last year to discuss his intentions to retire from full-time work and agree an orderly and managed succession plan.

"With the onset of COVID-19 in March, Darren offered to extend his full-time role to the end of the year to help steer the club through the inevitable challenges being faced by all football clubs and businesses generally.

"His hands-on support and experience throughout this particularly intensive period for the club has been invaluable.

"The process to find his replacement was recently restarted and, having received applications from a number of high calibre candidates, we have identified Matt as the stand-out replacement.

"We welcome Matt to the club and I look forward to him driving further improvements and adding value in a wide range of areas.

"I have asked Darren to continue in a part-time, non-executive role, providing support and challenge to all departments as we seek to make ongoing improvements right across the club every season."

Wright said: "I am excited to join Huddersfield Town today. I look forward to meeting my new colleagues as I get under way and continuing the great work that Darren has done."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-appoint-former-fulham-19057536

WhiteJC

'Sickening to see' - Newcastle fans 'disappointed' as Loftus-Cheek joins Fulham

Newcastle fans have taken to Twitter to bemoan the fact that Ruben Loftus-Cheek signed for Fulham.

The Telegraph reported on deadline day (12:45pm) that Newcastle would find it difficult to sign the England international unless they managed to get some fringe players off the wage bill. The Magpies also missed out on Ross Barkley for the same reason.

Eventually, Loftus-Cheek joined Fulham on a season-long loan deal, much to the disgrace of some Newcastle supporters below who felt the ex-Crystal Palace loanee could've done a job for Steve Bruce at St James' Park.

The powerful midfielder boasts two Premier League titles to his name, as well as a Europe League winners medal.

The 24-year-old – who The Sun say earns £173k-a-week – also has ten caps for England, and appeared for the Three Lions at the 2018 World Cup.

He managed to score an impressive ten goals from midfield – along with five assists – in 2018/19. Unfortunately, a serious injury just before the Europa League final disturbed his progress.

He would surely have added a fresh dimension to what the likes of Sean Longstaff, Jonjo Shelvey, Isaac Hayden and Matty Longstaff can offer Bruce – it feels like Newcastle missed a trick here, despite the financial restrictions revealed by The Telegraph.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/sickening-to-see-newcastle-fans-disappointed-as-loftus-cheek-joins-fulham/

WhiteJC

Key update emerges on Sheffield United's pursuit of Huddersfield ma

Sheffield United's move for Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo is off after the 26-year-old failed his medical, according to the Daily Mirror's David Anderson.

The centre-back has not featured for the Terriers since November 2019 and has been linked with a move away this summer, with the Blades and Fulham both touted with an interest.

Over the weekend it was reported that United had moved ahead of Fulham and were in pole position to sign Kongolo but it seems that move has fallen through.

Anderson has now reported that the Dutchman, who is still recovering from a foot injury sustained while on loan at Fulham last season, failed his Blades' medical meaning the move is off.

A return to Craven Cottage now looks unlikely as well as the west London club signed two centre-backs – Joachim Andersen and Tosin Adarabioyo – yesterday.

Kongolo joined Huddersfield ahead on loan ahead of their first season in the Premier League and then signed permanently the following summer.

However, he appeared to fall out of favour under Danny Cowley last term and was sent out on loan to Fulham in January.

It is beginning to look like attempting to fight for his place at Huddersfield under Carlos Corberan will be his only option.

The Verdict

After falling out of favour at the Yorkshire club, Kongolo has looked a player likely to be on the move this summer but it appears his ongoing injury issue may rule out a move.

The Blades and Fulham have been leading the pursuit for the 26-year-old but with both clubs seemingly no longer interested, the defender may have to stay at Huddersfield.

The Terriers would likely have been hoping to offload the Dutchman this summer but he would certainly be an asset if they can get him back motivated and in the side.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/key-update-emerges-on-sheffield-uniteds-pursuit-of-huddersfield-man/

WhiteJC

'Top signing', 'nearing his prime': Some Chelsea fans hail star's deadline day deal

Chelsea fans have been wishing midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek all the best on Twitter after he joined neighbours Fulham on a season-long loan deal on deadline day.

The midfielder has struggled for game time this season under Frank Lampard. His only appearance to date came in the Blues' Premier League opening-day 3-1 victory at Brighton.

Loftus-Cheek has missed the last five games in all competitions for the club. He has also fallen further down the pecking order following the acquisition of versatile midfielders Hakim Ziyech and Kai Havertz.

The move across the road to the Cottagers provides him with an opportunity to get back on the pitch and regain self-confidence.

The midfielder will relish a new challenge in the fight to help Fulham survive relegation. The move could also see Loftus-Cheek earn a spot on the England plane for the European Championship next year.

Chelsea fans react

Some Chelsea fans were pleasantly surprised by the 24-year-old's loan move. Club journalist Olivier Harbord said the switch would enable Loftus-Cheek to show off his talents.

Loftus-Cheek's struggles

Loftus-Cheek's progress at Chelsea has been beset by injuries. He performed brilliantly in 2018/19, registering 40 appearances in all competitions, scoring ten goals and providing five assists.

He was involved in eight goals from 24 league games (scoring six with two assists) and contributed to seven goals in 11 Europa League matches (four goals and three assists), helping the club to their second title in the competition.

However, he missed the final through injury after rupturing his Achilles tendon in a friendly against New England Revolution.

The injury saw him miss 38 games in 280 days before making his senior return in the club's 2-1 away win over Aston Villa in June, one of just nine games he managed for the first team last term.

Fantastic for Fulham

Loftus-Cheek's move to Fulham will help both parties a great deal, considering the latter hope to maintain their top-flight status and the former requires game time, which he will undoubtedly receive.

His last loan spell saw him join Crystal Palace for the whole of 2017/18. He played 25 times in a spell in which he was also hampered by an ankle injury.

Nevertheless, he scored two goals and assisted five times and was a solid midfield option for the Eagles, who were bottom of the table after four matches.

Fulham are without a point from their first four matches and will require Loftus-Cheek to perform as he did at the Eagles.

He has energy, strength, creativity and pace and should give the Whites a fighting chance going forward and more defensive reassurance. The Athletic journalist Peter Rutzler echoed the sentiments.

England hopes

His promising spell at Palace also saw Loftus-Cheek earn a call-up to the England first team. This led to a place in the 2018 World Cup squad. Should the 24 year-old provide a similar showing at Fulham, he may appear for the Three Lions again.

https://www.thefocus.news/football/chelsea-fans/