watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'Trouble and Strife' at West Ham

Started by rebel, October 06, 2020, 02:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

I think they will be ok with Rice, Soucek & Noble. January not far away if they do need reinforcements. Already got 6 points but the board will always find a way to piss off the fans.

Craven Mad

This is interesting. Slightly odd that we get referenced so much - what's their issues got to do with us??

We are well-set in the centre of the park. Hopefully yesterday's signings will help balance us out elsewhere

simplyfulham

Echo Craven, that is interesting.

Yes Rice and Soucek may be better than all of them. But over the course of a long season – where clubs have not just injuries but potential Covid-19 absences to contend with – you need options and to give players a rest.

What do we think about that statement then?  :023:

rebel

Quote from: Jack Fulham on October 06, 2020, 02:41:40 PM
I think they will be ok with Rice, Soucek & Noble. January not far away if they do need reinforcements. Already got 6 points but the board will always find a way to piss off the fans.

If one or two get injured, they will have problems. But that's their problem, I want them to go down.
Reinforcements in January, means lost points between now and January, then you've got to integrate the reinforcements, so it goes on. 

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 06, 2020, 03:28:30 PM

Yes Rice and Soucek may be better than all of them. But over the course of a long season – where clubs have not just injuries but potential Covid-19 absences to contend with – you need options and to give players a rest.

Rice is better than the defensive midfielders we have, but I don't think Soucek is better than Anguissa or Loftus Cheek.

Craven Mad

Cairney, RLC and Anguissa over Noble, Rice and Soucek. We have easily the better three (and decent options in reserve too, unlike them).

Will be interesting to see if West Ham scrap from Championship midfielders now. They'd be mad not to try to get (e.g.) Capoue, Hughes and Cantwell, if they have the money.

fulhamben

There's always trouble at west ham. They play in a ground they hate, and hate their manager and owners.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 06, 2020, 03:35:48 PM

Rice is better than the defensive midfielders we have, but I don't think Soucek is better than Anguissa or Loftus Cheek.

This may sound counter-intuitive but although I think Rice is a very good footballer I don't think he's that great as a defensive midfielder.

Although who are our out-and-out defensive midfielders? Harrison Reed - yeah Rice is probably better there than Reedy is.

Is Lemina a defensive midfielder? Don't know yet.

Cairney/Seri/Anguissa don't excel in that position if we're being honest and are all better when they are allowed to roam.

.. I have no idea whether I'm agreeing or disagreeing with you FWIW

rebel

Quote from: fulhamben on October 06, 2020, 03:56:59 PM
There's always trouble at west ham. They play in a ground they hate, and hate their manager and owners.

That's my post of the day, made me laugh!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

They call us "Lowly Fulham" but then compare themselves to us... suggests they're afraid of us and think we're a threat to their relegation survival. They must be amongst the favs to go down. Fingers crossed they do. Joke of a club.

rebel

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 06, 2020, 03:38:01 PM

Cairney, RLC and Anguissa over Noble, Rice and Soucek. We have easily the better three (and decent options in reserve too, unlike them).

Will be interesting to see if West Ham scrap from Championship midfielders now. They'd be mad not to try to get (e.g.) Capoue, Hughes and Cantwell, if they have the money.

I think they have no money, Moyes had to 'sell' if he wanted to 'buy'. It's weird because they are paying very little for the stadium, it might what they are paying players, but then they have the 'smallest' squad in the Prem. I'd love to know what's being taken out of the club.

Tabby

Quote from: rebel on October 06, 2020, 04:02:56 PM

I think they have no money, Moyes had to 'sell' if he wanted to 'buy'. It's weird because they are playing very little for the stadium, it might what they are paying players, but then they have the 'smallest' squad in the Prem. I'd love to know what's being taken out of the club.

They have had a net transfer balance of about -£140 million over the last two seasons before this one. Players like Haller and Felipe Anderson were huge flops.

rebel

Quote from: Tabby on October 06, 2020, 04:09:37 PM
Quote from: rebel on October 06, 2020, 04:02:56 PM

I think they have no money, Moyes had to 'sell' if he wanted to 'buy'. It's weird because they are playing very little for the stadium, it might what they are paying players, but then they have the 'smallest' squad in the Prem. I'd love to know what's being taken out of the club.

They have had a net transfer balance of about -£140 million over the last two seasons before this one. Players like Haller and Felipe Anderson were huge flops.

Thank you for the info.

Sir Alec of good Stock

I still haven't got over May 3rd 1975 and so I'm short on sympathy.

Jem

:005:
Quote from: rebel on October 06, 2020, 03:59:17 PM

Me too. I'm surrounded by west ham inlaws always crowing. Would love to end higher up the league than them and would gladly take 17th
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Bill2

Rice is good but not going forward and is not better than RLC.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jem on October 06, 2020, 04:47:42 PM

Me too. I'm surrounded by west ham inlaws always crowing. Would love to end higher up the league than them and would gladly take 17th
my brother in law is West Ham, and never has a good word to say about it. Like I said hates the stadium, they were still fighting in the stands just before covid lockdown over that,  Hates Moyes, Hates the two owners, can't stand Karen. He would kill to have the khans as owners.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on October 06, 2020, 04:32:32 PM
I still haven't got over May 3rd 1975 and so I'm short on sympathy.

Funny you say that, it still hurts me more than the Europa final, no idea why?

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on October 06, 2020, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: Jem on October 06, 2020, 04:47:42 PM

my brother in law is West Ham, and never has a good word to say about it. Like I said hates the stadium, they were still fighting in the stands just before covid lockdown over that,  Hates Moyes, Hates the two owners, can't stand Karen. He would kill to have the khans as owners.
How odd, my brother in law is West Ham and he loves the stadium, mind you he lives about 10 minute walk from it, he doesn't like the owners though.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't