watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where huge West London arena that could become new QPR home is set to be built

Started by rebel, October 09, 2020, 10:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

I suppose it would be interesting to consider if this was being written about us.

Right now, clearly it would be a nightmare but fifteen years ago?? Probably still a nightmare.

The thing about Loftus rd is it never seems to get any shinier. The cottage has little touches all the time that seem to improve the whole feel of the place. QPR just seems exactly as it did in the 80's. Maybe that's the charm for the fans, who knows.

Andy S

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on October 09, 2020, 12:03:20 PM
It will never happen why? Because they have no money
agreed, all their plans went down the drain after the mittals pulled out. Although they might go back in again as they have stated that they didn't care much for qpr but wanted a stadium to rival the o2 for non football events.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

shepperton white

Logicalman

I recall having to run around the bloody scrubs as a schoolboy, hated the place,

I don't see how QPR could stump up any finances towards the new development, unless they could get planning permission for housing and then sold the ground off.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Stevieboy

I too remember running around Wormwood Scrubs and indeed playing games on there, seem to recall a few Ranger's players would coach us...Johnny Collins, Ron Hunt, Peter /Ron Spingett come to mind.
Best thing was Mick's cafe that moved from Scrubs Lane into the new,at the time, sports facility. Happy days  :003:

SP

They've got to do something having dropped below the Bees in the pecking order.

Logicalman

Quote from: Stevieboy on October 11, 2020, 10:57:04 AM
I too remember running around Wormwood Scrubs and indeed playing games on there, seem to recall a few Ranger's players would coach us...Johnny Collins, Ron Hunt, Peter /Ron Spingett come to mind.
Best thing was Mick's cafe that moved from Scrubs Lane into the new, at the time, sports facility. Happy days  :003:

I only recall a mobile café that was on the DuCane road, nearer to the footbridge in my time. That sports facility was somewhat new when I was there.  092.gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

gang

How many will it hold? I remember them playing at White City it was never full.

mrmicawbers

Loftus Road is not fit for purpose.They desperately need to get out problem is where?Might be able to do some deal if they give up Loftus Road for housing to the Council.

Two Ton Ted

If I recall QPR announced plans to build on the Old Oak Common development but didn't have the curtesy to ask the lands owners if they could sell them it, so the whole thing was rejected.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

SP

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on October 11, 2020, 09:24:23 PM
If I recall QPR announced plans to build on the Old Oak Common development but didn't have the curtesy to ask the lands owners if they could sell them it, so the whole thing was rejected.

Their logic was that the owner was a season ticket holder...

mrmicawbers

Quote from: SP on October 11, 2020, 09:27:25 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on October 11, 2020, 09:24:23 PM

Their logic was that the owner was a season ticket holder...
What QPR would give have our owners,our ground and our new stand.