watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much confidence

Started by blingo, October 14, 2020, 12:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Will a win give us at the weekend? It could mean we are above the relegation places (subject to results), and would be a massive boost for both the players and the manager. So come on you Lillies, win the 6 pointer and win it well.

Bassey the warrior

Massive boost. Even if we play poorly, if we get a win that will reduce the pressure on the players.

I think we need to put in a performance as well though, build on the last game against Wolves, where for me we deserved a point.

Jim©

It'd be huge to get off the mark and hopefully the confidence that we need. As Villa have proved, it's going to be an odd league this season and we need to be winning points not having near misses (Wolves).
Whilst I don't think being anywhere in the table at this moment in time really matters, I'd had in my head that we should have 10 points after 10 games to give us a chance. We're 4 games into that with zero so we need 10 points from 6 games now!

Lordedmundo

Yes - we really need a win (good performance will be a bonus)! It looks like Sheffield United will be missing key defenders and strikers, as well as Fleck in midfield. So really - we could not hope for a better time to be playing them.

rebel

It all depends on how Parker sets the team up, if it's defensive, then not so much, but if it'a offensive, then we set a 'marker' for this season. We need the 'mindset', that this is the first match of a new season. 

blingo

Quote from: rebel on October 14, 2020, 01:15:48 PM
It all depends on how Parker sets the team up, if it's defensive, then not so much, but if it'a offensive, then we set a 'marker' for this season. We need the 'mindset', that this is the first match of a new season. 

Totally agree Mr Rebel. Im wondering if he will blood any of our new defenders too.

General

If you start off with a win and improved team performance with new players leaving a clear mark of their quality etc than it would/could definitely be a springboard. Especially seeing as there's not a huge amount more we can do re transfers until Jan.

If we get thrashed by a in freefall Sheffield Utd who have players injured and isolating, then sayonara to our season, unless they all pull their fingers out and really kick on.

I think if we have a solid defensive and midfield base (which I think we may have if Joachim and one of CB - tosin/Hector/Ream/Aina or Kongolo can provide the goods), giving that platform to our attacking players to actually play then we may be in luck.

We've definitely got talent in each key area, it's just a question of if it's enough.

I'd say players who'll do well for us this season are

Aina, Mitro, BDR, Anguissa, Cairney, Joachim, Robinson and maybe Tete (defensively we were exposed with him in the team, so maybe he plays higher up - Aina looked more defensively solid in my eyes).

blingo

Interesting you include Cairney General. Dont you think he falls a little short of prem quality?

JEEVES

Quote from: blingo on October 14, 2020, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: rebel on October 14, 2020, 01:15:48 PM

Totally agree Mr Rebel. Im wondering if he will blood any of our new defenders too.

If he doesn't, then I can't see anything other than a loss.

rusty shackleford

I have done something that I should have learned long ago not to do, and that is get my hopes up

Big T

I just put 50 quid on us not to get relegated
11/4
Thought I'd of got better odds then that, I'm sure theyd of got better After a loss  on Sunday but I have a good feeling and I NEVER bet on Fulham normally 

I have a feeling we will start to pick up Some momentum

Statto

Quote from: Big T on October 14, 2020, 03:31:44 PM
I just put 50 quid on us not to get relegated
11/4
Thought I'd of got better odds then that, I'm sure theyd of got better After a loss  on Sunday but I have a good feeling and I NEVER bet on Fulham normally 

I have a feeling we will start to pick up Some momentum

0001.jpeg