https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham take Sir David Richards fight to Court of Appeal

Started by os5889, December 01, 2010, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9248224.stm

Fulham take Sir David Richards fight to Court of Appeal

Fulham have taken their fight to oust Sir David Richards as Premier League chairman to the Court of Appeal with a decision set to be made in arbitration.

The Cottagers have been seeking to have Richards banned after accusing him of scuppering their attempt to sign Peter Crouch in July 2009.

Mr Justice Vos granted Richards a stay on the legal action against him, but allowed the club leave to appeal.

Fulham confirmed on Wednesday that they would be contesting the decision.

In granting the Premier League and Richards application of a stay, Mr Justice Vos said in his judgement: "The arbitrators will have adequate powers to deal with Fulham's complaint properly, fairly and satisfactorily."

The club claim Richards interfered with their bid to buy Crouch, who ended up joining Tottenham for £9m, £2m less than Fulham were reportedly willing to pay.

Richards allegedly intervened because Spurs were prepared to offer Portsmouth £9m up front at a time when the south-coast club's very existence was under threat, while Fulham were thought to be planning to pay in instalments.

Burt

Unless the club have a "smoking gun" then this will not succeed.

Even if it did, so what? Will we get Crouch on a free? lol

I can think of better uses for the money that will be lining the lawyers pockets.

Lighthouse

Big Al loves doing this sort of thing. Not sure if we have ever won a Court Action. Still in a game that is so crooked at the top, if it can be proved, good luck to them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Mo 's court record is worse than our away record, but as you say Beamer it seems to be his attempt at purging his demons, however the British Judiciary have never ever backed him..... they are all on the take from Prince Phillip  :015: