more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

From first five games

Started by General, October 20, 2020, 12:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

We're still in this.

Having seen the results this weekend, Brighton, Palace, Sheff Utd, Burnley, West Brom are all definitely in this. I'd also be tempted to say that Leeds may struggle. They play high intensity style football and whilst it worked to a degree in the championship, it also, all seasons - apart from last, saw them normally fall off towards the tail end of the season, which in the premier league could mean a lot.

Also, given our close games against Wolves and Leeds, given the turnaround we've had since last season finished and also the number of new players and they're in 6th and 10th currently, we can see signs of things to be positive about. On top of that, we've got Kongolo, Andersen to come back and RLC to get match fitness.

We can stay up, there's no doubt. Even when you take in our performance against Villa, they're now 4 wins out of 4 and in 2nd (having beaten liverpool, leicester city, Sheffield Utd and Us) and Arsenal are in 5th, which for a newly promoted team isn't something to be ashamed of when you're up against in form teams.

We'll get better as the team gets more used to how each other plays.

Hopefully we'll manage to prevent Palace from a snatch and grab. They've played poorly this season, have had few shots and little possession in almost all their games and are reliant on their more than capable front line to take the limited chances they get. Fingers crossed this can play in to our hands. We will have to take into account their counter-attacking ability, which has been a weakness of us and isn't a style of play we're usually set up for, but still.

love4ffc

I would agree.  I see no reason that we can't stay competive with Brighton, Palace, Sheff Utd, Burnley and West Brom   We need four points from the next two matches in my eyes.  Fulham do that I would be very happy and think that they are still in the hunt to at least stay up. 

049:gif  COME ON FULHAM  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

We have better players that have freshened the squad up. Quite a few new additions of 6 feet + players which will help us win the Ariel battles and set pieces situations. We look a different animal already, certainly physically stronger, but also with that extra quality. So surely we can only get better, and despite our poor start we are well in contact with teams above us.
But we have to commence winning hopefully starting v Palace, we cannot afford to lose this kind of game, although I appreciate there are no easy games, but I feel there are no games we cannot win once we get into our stride.
My only concerns are that we have to start winning soon and go on a decent run, but I also worry if there are injuries to key players. The other concern is picking the right available starting line up. It is a mystery to me why Cav starts matches he is a passenger in almost every match and no longer gives me any confidence. Kebano may not be the finished article but I would pick every time over Cav.
Nevertheless on paper we look a better and stronger outfit than at any time we were in the Premier before. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Artful Dodger

Well said and my thoughts exactly!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

cottage expat

Quote from: Artful Dodger on October 20, 2020, 09:01:54 PM
Well said and my thoughts exactly!

I agree. Looking at the 25 we are in considerably better shape, particularly at the back.