watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so whats up with kevin mcdonald

Started by fulhamben, October 21, 2020, 08:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

i see lots of discussion on seri buy not a lot on kmac.
is he injured, is he greedy, or is it something like family reasons..
its not often a player does well enough to be granted a free transfer for one last decent move, so how did he not get a club?
We were told he could leave on a free at the start of the window, yet has failed to find a club, do we think he was asking for too much money, as he is only 31 and would have been a real asset to any championship team and below or even an spl team. did he want to stay in london for family reasons, or did it just make more financial sense to keep picking up his wages here and leave at the end of the season. does anyone have any real insight to it, as i dont even recall him being linked to any club whatso ever
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

Some of the discussion for our being left with 29 players centred on Tony Khan, but I would have thought it's the job of a surplus-to-requirements player's agent to find him a new club. Just a thought, but perhaps McDonald is helping out Parker with training in some untitled capacity.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on October 21, 2020, 09:09:09 PM
Some of the discussion for our being left with 29 players centred on Tony Khan, but I would have thought it's the job of a surplus-to-requirements player's agent to find him a new club. Just a thought, but perhaps McDonald is helping out Parker with training in some untitled capacity.
he may well be doing that now, but surely that wasnt  the plan, because we said he could leave on a free

WestSussexWhite

To be honest, fulham have said he can go for free. It's down to the players agent to get them a move, he's on decent money so it will have to be that he's happy to take a pay cut, fulham have done what they can as they haven't asked for a fee

filham

Surprised that we have such a surplus of players, must go down as poor management and the result of leaving things too late in the window.

Lighthouse

Two players were great servants to the club and told they could go for free. Neither were picked up. Seri was told he could go but for a fee. His agent couldn't agree a deal. We have one injured played. Not sure why this is thought of as poor management by some or a surprise.

I guess in the middle of a pandemic clubs don't want to take a chance on wages if they don't know when the next income is coming from.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 21, 2020, 10:15:34 PM
Surprised that we have such a surplus of players, must go down as poor management and the result of leaving things too late in the window.
kmac was told he could go at the start of the season, so not sure how thats poor management

grandad

No way is it poor management that no other clubs have come in for K Mac & Stef. We can´t force clubs to take them for free. The Club has made a generous offer in not asking for a fee. Same with Seri, no one wants him.
I would, however, welcome K Mac to be one of our coaches. He has a lot to offer.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fernhurst

Lighthouse is right, great servants to club through the Joka years.
We have a problem at Fulham which stems from long generous contracts which other clubs can't match. It's an issue when we get this far down in contract length. Will I move to a different part of the country for considerably less than the 30k a week I'm on now when the club House is smashing and the kids are happy at school or stick in until my contract runs out next June???
Think I know what I would do if 31 ish and taking my badges.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

H4usuallysitting

Don't think it's anything sinister.... I know for a fact that one of the mentioned player's has recently got his child settled in school....and that three player's in particular are very good friends....2 of them mentioned above....

The Rational Fan

KMac may have hoped he could have made the EPL squad of 25 players with 3 GKs, 8 DFs, 7 MFs and 7 FWs especially if Reed got injuried and RLC didn't sign. In reality, injuries to Tete, Anderson and Kongolo meant 11 defenders were included in the squad, so only five midfielders were required plus Reed and RLC were available for selection. I think, KMac might really enjoy his time with the u23 for the next 10 weeks, after which he may even rejoin the squad.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 21, 2020, 11:19:35 PM
We have a problem at Fulham which stems from long generous contracts which other clubs can't match. It's an issue when we get this far down in contract length. Will I move to a different part of the country for considerably less than the 30k a week I'm on now when the club House is smashing and the kids are happy at school or stick in until my contract runs out next June???
This, and this is especially worrying given we handed players like Odoi and Onomah new contracts in the summer and the latter isn't even in the squad.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on October 22, 2020, 06:41:41 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on October 21, 2020, 11:19:35 PM
This, and this is especially worrying given we handed players like Odoi and Onomah new contracts in the summer and the latter isn't even in the squad.
Onomah is injured, that is why he wasn't included.

alfie

It can't just be a Fulham issue, KMac was on free, but no club appears to want him. It could also be possible that he wants to stay here and work with the coaching team.
Let's not go down that road of blame without knowing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

On Kmac much has been made that the club were kind enough to let him leave on a free. The reason he could be signed for free was of course a way to get his wages off the payroll.
Maybe his wages are just a bit too stong for the Championship teams who wanted him and just like Seri why should he take a pay cut or move if he doesnt want to.

if the club really wanted to let him go for free and thank him for his time here and find a team, they could have paid up his contract prior to the widow closing and he could have walked into any club he wanted.
Just the views of a long term fan

mrmicawbers

Quote from: fulhamben on October 21, 2020, 10:35:56 PM
kmac was told he could go at the start of the season, so not sure how thats poor management
iMO poor management would be not bringing anyone in as we couldn't shift the players in question.I assume may be movement in January which is not so long away.

midlandwhites

What is the version of free, i have never seen he can go to any club free? Like MJG says if he as been a good servant to the club and not required -pay up the rest of his contract and then he would find a club.
ps.  Think we should keep him and Stef because if we have a wave of covid 19 with several players out - may need to call on these guys if the FA let us.

Finnans Right Peg

If we paid up his contract people would be having a go saying that Tony is waisting his dad's money .

If Kev wanted to play football he would have taken a pay cut to play and move somewhere else or went on loan with fulham paying some of his wages .He is obviously happy were he is and doing hisbadges.

Im not having ago at him because I think he was a great player and and a brilliant leader for us but at the same time I don't have sympathy for him either

NJFulham

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2020, 12:16:04 PM
On Kmac much has been made that the club were kind enough to let him leave on a free. The reason he could be signed for free was of course a way to get his wages off the payroll.
Maybe his wages are just a bit too stong for the Championship teams who wanted him and just like Seri why should he take a pay cut or move if he doesnt want to.

if the club really wanted to let him go for free and thank him for his time here and find a team, they could have paid up his contract prior to the widow closing and he could have walked into any club he wanted.
I wonder if the issue was him wanting a Champ club and his agent only getting offers from League 1.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk