watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we have sold Mitro?

Started by davew, October 25, 2020, 07:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Some late support for Mitro then but no comment on why? If we do not improve before say mid January and look doomed for relegation do you think he will be sold in the January window? I think it is highly unlikely that SK will spend much (if any) money on another support striker in January unless of course we have a chance of avoiding relegation.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: davew on October 26, 2020, 10:14:46 AM
Some late support for Mitro then but no comment on why? If we do not improve before say mid January and look doomed for relegation do you think he will be sold in the January window? I think it is highly unlikely that SK will spend much (if any) money on another support striker in January unless of course we have a chance of avoiding relegation.
The question is "Should we have sold Mitro?" the answer is a simple no because hes a very good striker and has shown that over his period here.
yes hes going through a flat spell but hes had them before and come out of them.
We are a stronger squad with him than we would be without him.
There was no need to sell him to bring two in, but we should have brough another prioper central striker to give him help, be that as cover or as a partner.

I fully expect him to go next summer(maybe Jan if down pretty much) because he stuck with us last time and would deserve a move.
Just the views of a long term fan

RaySmith

Yes, he's been so good for us, with his goals and  other attributes, including  defensive.
A bit of a talisman too, and I can't believe  people are turning on him, after a  slight dip in form, in a new tougher division  division, when the team hasn't been firing on all cylinders anyway.

Agree with MJG that new striker should have  signed to play alongside him and off of him, and also as back up when he's injured, carded etc - there's a lot of responsibility on his shoulders.

Also agree with MJG that he's shown loyalty, staying with the club after relegation.

alfie

For a long time people have been saying Bamford was rubbish etc, not so rubbish now, Mitro can easily turn it around with a couple of goals, the trick is to get those couple of goals
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Worcesterwhite

Mitro is just going through a bad spell as strikers do, he's still a quality striker. The main problem is that as we learnt last season is that we are so reliant on his goals that when he does not fire there is no one there to take the baton and step up to the plate.

Finnans Right Peg

Mitro is going through a bad patch no argument there .But he looks frustrated on the pitch Due to lack of support we need to play lookeman or rlc closer to him .

I will always support our players through a bad patch but Mitro needs to help himself too by working hard and chasing the ball back when he fails to hold it up and not just throw his arms out and give up now that I won't support

Denzil Dexter

No way. Mitro loves Fulham and Is just going through a bad patch.   

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro is Top Man and in the dressing room would be great for his team mates, he is a real leader and a character. On the pitch currently he is going through a tough time, but that has something to do with the system of play, he needs support.
Opponents fear him and would you like to mark him.
Whilst opponents are concentrating on Mitros threat defenders will take their eye off other Fulham players.
We need a Talisman and Mitro fits the bill perfectly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

I would not sell him, as he has qualities which others in our squad don't have, but just for now, I would have him as a substitute for the next few games, and see how we go as a team with a more mobile front two in Lookman and Decordova-Reid.