watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we have sold Mitro?

Started by davew, October 25, 2020, 07:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but what we did know before the start of the season Mitro blows hot and cold and rarely gives 100%. This season due to whatever reason he has been uninspiring, in fact almost a liability. Perhaps we could have bought 2 reasonable/athletic strikers for the price we could have got for Mitro, so why didn´t we?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ALG01

I think we should have but TK would not have got a replacement so maybe not. We should sell the director of football.

toshes mate

Quote from: ALG01 on October 25, 2020, 08:29:25 AM
I think we should have but TK would not have got a replacement so maybe not. We should sell the director of football.
Agree but it will have to be a Dutch auction ...

rebel

Dropping him would be a 'start'. A couple of seasons ago, the rebound off the post, he would have been first to the ball and scored. It's like watching Mitro in 'slow motion'. I'm not seeing the 'fire and desire', just the 'animation'.     

Milo

He's just out of form! No one can be 100% every week, every year. He's surely allowed a drop in form after three great years.

Mr K.Dilkington

no,should've just brought in back up/support. In reality we could probably use another 2 strikers really
Foolish ham

colinwhite

Mitro will come good. The rebound yesterday goes in some days and not others . Hes going through and has been since well before the play-offs arough period ,but he will get through it. Is he the best striker ? no but hes decent as his record clearly shows. Agree that another forward should have been brought in though. BDR ,Kamara etc are not good enough at this level to play week in week out.

..FOF..

Mitro only need a threadmill installed in his home.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Milo on October 25, 2020, 08:48:40 AM
He's just out of form! No one can be 100% every week, every year. He's surely allowed a drop in form after three great years.

True,but he hasn't shown much since before play offs
last season.
How often do you keep picking a player not showing much form,any other club and he would have been benched,but not us as we really don't have another option.

rebel

Yep, he could be out of form for the next 32 matches; but the signs have been there for sometime. It's all one dimensional, what Parker wants from him and what he delivers. Even holding up the ball is an issue, he use lay that off to a team mate, haven't seen that.

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on October 25, 2020, 09:10:02 AM
Mitro will come good. The rebound yesterday goes in some days and not others . Hes going through and has been since well before the play-offs arough period ,but he will get through it. Is he the best striker ? no but hes decent as his record clearly shows. Agree that another forward should have been brought in though. BDR ,Kamara etc are not good enough at this level to play week in week out.

There are no signs that things are improving, but will Mitro come good? Is he being used to his current abilities or are we relying on what he has been good at before?

rebel

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 25, 2020, 09:20:13 AM

True,but he hasn't shown much since before play offs
last season.
How often do you keep picking a player not showing much form,any other club and he would have been benched,but not us as we really don't have another option.

Agree 100%. He use hold the ball up, but now he loses it. We lose possession when the ball goes into him, but we keep doing it.

Luka

"Mitro will come good".....they have been saying that about Benteke for years !!
He isn't the player we need and was never going to be the answer for us in this league. Rafa Benitez called it, then he sold him to us.
Yes we should have sold him and brought in two more mobile, dynamic and technical CF's

BestOfBrede

Mitro doesn't appear to be off form for his country though, so it's a lack of effort due to the way we play, which doesn't suit

river phoenix

This. And some people on here should be ashamed and show some loyalty to the lad who showed great deal of loyalty to Fulham so far.

gang

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 25, 2020, 10:46:22 AM
Mitro doesn't appear to be off form for his country though, so it's a lack of effort due to the way we play, which doesn't suit

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Whitesideup

Don't want to be overly critical. Mitro is a goalscorer, and he should have a couple more already this season. Yesterday's miss was as bad a mistake as we have seen from any of our defenders, but I don't think we should be vitriolic in our criticism of any of our players.

At the moment Mitro is not as his best. Apart from missing a couple of very good chances, his hold-up play and his passing is not what I for one hope and expect from him. But I wouldn't write him off and I hope to see a return to form.

What does concern me is that I'm not sure what our plan B is. BDR? Maybe.

Whitestone

Mitro needs competition. He's a nailed on starter and he knows it and that can't be good for the team. Recruitment in the forward area has been poor over the summer and is a failing of the recruitment team. It is beginning to cost us which comes as no surprise to me.

grandad

Mitro doesn´t have a problem with scoring for his country. He is so isolated & rarely gets the ball to his feet. He has to battle against 2 EPL CB´s on his own with no support. The problem is not with Mitro but how to get the best from him.
Where there's a will there's a wife