Jobs I don’t want!

Started by Andy S, October 25, 2020, 11:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

US President
Prime Minister
Member of Parliament
Director of football
Manager or head coach at a football club.

There must be more but are any of these jobs worth the pressure that comes with them. Hero to zero in just a few minutes sometimes. No give me the easy life as I have  to wonder why anyone wants these jobs

The Rational Fan

Well, a lot of clubs would like to stop relegation and without relegation being DOF would be a fun job. I'm also sure that without FFP being DOF would also be easy for Tony Khan.   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 26, 2020, 04:08:05 AM
Well, a lot of clubs would like to stop relegation and without relegation being DOF would be a fun job. I'm also sure that without FFP being DOF would also be easy for Tony Khan.   

I am afraid that Tony Khan has already got it far too easy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Mmm, but you don't usually get any kind of responsible job until you have proved to be competent, and, for at least three of the jobs, the process is pretty ruthless although it often helps if one of your family has already been successful in that particular capacity or is part of a wealthy dynasty.

rebel

Quote from: Andy S on October 25, 2020, 11:45:51 PM
US President
Prime Minister
Member of Parliament
Director of football

There must be more but are any of these jobs worth the pressure that comes with them. Hero to zero in just a few minutes sometimes. No give me the easy life as I have  to wonder why anyone wants these jobs

I'd love the Fulham managers job. And we wouldn't be playing 'Parkerball'. 

sonty

Yes, I have plenty experience in FM20 :D

Woolly Mammoth

US President
Prime Minister
Member of Parliament
Director of football

Keeping it to football I would also like to mention being a Referee, especially with the introduction of VAR along with cheating players who are drama queens and very poor actors who blame the referees for everything, and under the tenure of Mike Riley have had their reputations even more soured.
Then you have the dreaded self appointed pundits at sky who are either attached Liverpool or Manchester United undermining referees in the same way as they did when they were players. Too many jobs for the boys. It's become a pantomime and football is eating itself within not helped by the ridiculous salaries some of these mediocre footballers earn for doing very little except moan.
So who currently would want to be a referee, I would actually like to be a referee at the highest level but I have missed the boat due to my work commitments.
So please spare a thought for Referees.  063.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Hilda's

I couldn't match her dedication, hard work, energy, efficiency, abilities & patience in serving tea & biscuits to the long, long list of various muppets Fulham F C have employed (be they managers, players whatever) over these last few years.

Thank you Hilda!

rebel

You know where Parkerball started? Team canteen at Motspur, they were busy passing the condiments around and Parker had the 'brainwave', as he he saw the 'salt and pepper' being passed from side to side.

Mr K.Dilkington

those guys who go into sewers and break up "fatbergs"
Foolish ham

Fulham1959

Quote from: rebel on October 26, 2020, 08:30:11 AM
You know where Parkerball started? Team canteen at Motspur, they were busy passing the condiments around and Parker had the 'brainwave', as he he saw the 'salt and pepper' being passed from side to side.

I'm sick of hearing about 'Parkerball'.  We got promoted, remember ?

Has there been any Fulham manager in the last 30 years who hasn't been maligned as soon as things are beginning to look dodgy ?

Andy S

Definitely the fatburgs in the sewer has to be added to the list

rebel

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 26, 2020, 09:16:31 AM

Has there been any Fulham manager in the last 30 years who hasn't been maligned as soon as things are beginning to look dodgy ?

Yes we got promoted because of 'Parkerball' (you probably think Parkerball is a thing of beauty) and a huge slice of luck, the fact that there weren't any stand out teams in the Championship, it was 'bang on average' Championship. You see the result of 'Parkerball' in the Prem, one point from 6 matches with better players in the squad.

RaySmith

I couldn't resist posting this drunken Pete and Dud, as Derek and Clive,  sketch - 'what's the worst job you ever had?'

Warning - could cause offence, and contains bad language.

https://youtu.be/SentQjMIioY,

ALG01

US President
Prime Minister
Member of Parliament
Director of football

I would love a crack at the manager's job, given that I get a proper coaching and support staff to go with it
First job, install myself as center forward
Second job, drop myself for being a bit too slow
Third job say sorry to mitro for not having in faith in him.
Fourth job, see whether I could still justify a place for myself on the bench.

After that it is a doddle.  064.gif 064.gif

Jim©

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 26, 2020, 09:16:31 AM

Agree with you.
I'd like to see a bit of support for struggling managers, not the (usually in capitals) Parker out nonsense. Just 10 weeks ago he was being lauded by a tactical genius by the same people i now see slating him.

St Eve

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on October 26, 2020, 08:04:04 AM
Hilda's

I couldn't match her dedication, hard work, energy, efficiency, abilities & patience in serving tea & biscuits to the long, long list of various muppets Fulham F C have employed (be they managers, players whatever) over these last few years.

Thank you Hilda!

👍☕️☕️☕️

alfie

Being a moderator on this forum
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobbo

Quote from: Andy S on October 26, 2020, 09:18:26 AM
Definitely the fatburgs in the sewer has to be added to the list
i actually broke one up . Smaller than the tele one in a house drain , by hand only last Thursday.
1975 just leaving home full of hope