https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is wrong with...

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, October 26, 2020, 02:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwimike

Quote from: HobGoblin on October 27, 2020, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: blingo on October 27, 2020, 08:40:55 PM
You cant run FFC for the next few seasons so that SP can learn how to be a manager. That simple. No player or manager is bigger than the club. The Chairman  must try to do his  best to make the club as successful as it can be.

This, we aren't a playschool for Parker to learn the trade.

But we are a playschool for a DoF to learn his trade - even if he is a sloooww learner!!

RaySmith

Too much importance attached to the so called negative influence of Tony Khan.
he and his father have had postive inputs too, including the recent window.

And serious analysis and criticism - yes, of course, but playground insults, no-
doesn't get anyone anywhere.

And Scott Parker, got us promoted - people are crazy if they think  with our squad this was just a formality.

We could easily gone in the other direction after being relegated , both times- look at us under  Magath.

Serious analysis of Fulham's problems - good, as long as you include the positives too, and   if you don't think thee are any positives, look at some of the other clubs who have been in the Prem in recent years - Bolton, Wigan, for example.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on October 27, 2020, 11:11:00 PM
He and his father have had postive inputs too, including the recent window.
And Scott Parker, got us promoted - people are crazy if they think  with our squad this was just a formality.

Shahid Khan, Tony Khan and Scott Parker have built a Yo-Yo Club; which maybe better than the alternative (i.e. mid-table championship).

When we discuss Tony Khan;s mistakes in the transfer window, what are we referring too?

• If we think we needed a better right winger, then let me remind you that TK tried to get Bertrand Traoré.
  • If we think we needed a better injury free right back, then let me remind you that TK tried to get Matthew Cash.
  • If we think we needed another centre forward, then let me remind you that TK tried to get Ollie Watkins.
  • All three of those didn't sign, because they thought signing for Aston Villa that survived relegation is a better offer.

If we signed Matthew Cash, Bertrand Traoré and Ollie Watkins, then we should have expected to do better than 17th in the PL.

Given we couldn't sign, Matthew Cash, Bertrand Traoré and Ollie Watkins, what should we have done?

• Up front, it seems it was decided that signing players worse than Traoré & Watkins isn't going to help us.
  • At right back, instead of getting Matthew Cash we got the next best players that we could Tete and Oina.
  • Surely, it is wisdom to keep the money in the bank until the right target becomes available rather than wasting it.

ALG01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 28, 2020, 02:34:46 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on October 27, 2020, 11:11:00 PM
He and his father have had postive inputs too, including the recent window.

Shahid Khan, Tony Khan and Scott Parker have built a Yo-Yo Club; which maybe better than the alternative (i.e. mid-table championship).

When we discuss Tony Khan;s mistakes in the transfer window, what are we referring too?

• If we think we needed a better right winger, then let me remind you that TK tried to get Bertrand Traoré.
  • If we think we needed a better injury free right back, then let me remind you that TK tried to get Matthew Cash.
  • If we think we needed another centre forward, then let me remind you that TK tried to get Ollie Watkins.
  • All three of those didn't sign, because they thought signing for Aston Villa that survived relegation is a better offer.

If we signed Matthew Cash, Bertrand Traoré and Ollie Watkins, then we should have expected to do better than 17th in the PL.

Given we couldn't sign, Matthew Cash, Bertrand Traoré and Ollie Watkins, what should we have done?

• Up front, it seems it was decided that signing players worse than Traoré & Watkins isn't going to help us.
  • At right back, instead of getting Matthew Cash we got the next best players that we could Tete and Oina.
  • Surely, it is wisdom to keep the money in the bank until the right target becomes available rather than wasting it.

This doesn't sound sensible
to suggest because you cannot get your first choice target winger and forward, you simply give up is bizarre. In all of the world of football are you saying there were no alternatives to those two?
Villa wasn't a better option just because they have survived a season, to somebody taking their next step they must look more like a properly run club with a strategy and a plan. But Tete is a very good player as is anderson and we got them, so we could have got a forward and woinger too. But the management had to really want to and have the imagination to make it happen.

And by the way, your response is impressively authoratitive. May i enquire how do you happen to know that all those rumours were true? Your anser implies you know for sure all that so intimately? Otherwise it is just what the rest of us involve ourselves with, namely inspired guesswork and speculation.