watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dare I say it - our defence looked quite solid

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 02, 2020, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Andersen looked great and made a big difference. Very happy with him and Tosin as our centre backs, with Kongolo still to come back too.

People have complained about Ream but he's done ok and is obviously now our forth choice, for which he's fine, but these guys are clearly a level above.

hovewhite

I really enjoyed the defensive performance, which is so unlike our usual performance  Anderson the eldest I think at 24 keep it up please lads.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Logicalman

Quote from: Pluto on November 03, 2020, 01:34:40 AM
Andersen looked great and made a big difference. Very happy with him and Tosin as our centre backs, with Kongolo still to come back too.

People have complained about Ream but he's done ok and is obviously now our forth choice, for which he's fine, but these guys are clearly a level above.

I agree, though it does bolster the argument those were making that he is just not good enough for the Prem. If the team continues to gel with the players from this game then I can see him moving on, or should I say moving back, stateside and finishing his career there. At 33 he is not going to shine further in the Prem,  perhaps in MLS I would dare to say, and he must have seen the writing on the wall of the Cottage. He has been a great servant to the club, but needs to instill himself in the MLS scene and get ready for commentating/expert role.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC1987

Is Antonio 100% not available as that's a huge plus!

filham

Yes the defense and midfield looking good with cover available in the event of injuries.
However the attack has only Mitro and Lookman up to standard. Reid, Kamara and Cav, are struggling in the premier league but possible that Kebano could hit good form on return from injury.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 03, 2020, 12:25:21 PM
Is Antonio 100% not available as that's a huge plus!
Yep [emoji1360]

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

General

Our defence was tested against west Bromwich.. they're going to have to stand up against much better defences in the coming month to prove their ability. Fingers crossed they prove their ability. Andersen who played six champions league games during lyons run last season can cope, but Robinson, Aina and tosin, no matter how promising they look, are still largely untested at this level. Aina out of the three others is the only other one with substantial top flight experience. Kongolo and tete do have top flight experience though, but are currently rehabbing.

LittleErn

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 03, 2020, 12:07:28 AM
Thank you to "The Khans" for keeping buying players until we got the ones we need. A few more in the winter, the summer and the next season should be what's required to build a premier league squad. "Don't Stop till we get Enough [Quality Players]" we are slowly building something great, but it's a long road.

FFP?

Deeping_white

I know recent incumbents of the role didn't exactly set the bar high but Tosin looks to be a real steal, and not only is he a better defender with a good eye for a pass, he's also got good leadership skills and seems to be a good communicator too. Anderson also from one game seemed to read the game well and had good positioning, so if he and Tosin can strike up a partnership then it will benefit us hugely. All we were really crying out for was a true leader at the back, we've not really had anyone with a voice like an air raid siren to tell players where they need to be and give them a b*llocking when they're caught out and it seems like Anderson/Tosin might have that leadership ability about them.

AnOldBrownie

It looked good.

But... West Ham...who actually attack, will be a much better test of our back 4 and our midfield. (Defensively)

Mullers OG

Defence looks much more secure and the midfield too. It's upfront where we are still lacking. If Mitro is injured/suspended/off form etc we are seriously light. Reid isn't really a no.9 and Kamara is playing about 3 divisions too high. Perhaps Stansfield when fit will come through, otherwise a new striker is an essential.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 03, 2020, 01:23:01 AM
Our defense looked the part today. Frank gave away some sloppy passes, was a little languid tracking back, and Areola had that one disastrous pass from the goal... but overall comfortable and professional. Anderson and Tosin are a good pairing, Robinson is insanely athletic, and Aina has done a fine job.
Love the bit about Robinson.😀