watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dare I say it - our defence looked quite solid

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 02, 2020, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Makes a big difference if your defence is solid and not making mistakes.  Gives the rest of the team confidence to play their game without fear.

Our centre back pairing was very good tonight - Danish lad looks good.

I have liked Antonee in every game so far. I'm not quite sold on Aina yet but he played well tonight.

Caedal

Andersen brought a calmness to the back 4. Always in the right position, not afraid to have the ball. I thought he was excellent. Tosin has been very solid since coming in aswell. Its a huge upgrade to that area of the pitch

Craven Mad

First time I've felt confident in the back line.

Antonee was my man of the match. Aina's goal was excellent.

Tosin had looked like a total bargain since joining too.

spikey norman

Defence much better tonight but the midfield did their part defensively too.
Anderson looked good on his debut and Tete still to come back.
Think our back four is getting in place.
And Anguissa what great feet he has though should have scored.

fulhamben

Quote from: Caedal on November 02, 2020, 07:35:36 PM
Andersen brought a calmness to the back 4. Always in the right position, not afraid to have the ball. I thought he was excellent. Tosin has been very solid since coming in aswell. Its a huge upgrade to that area of the pitch
anderson is a lot quicker than i thought he would be. him and tosin looked great together
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alfie

Very odd but not once did I think they would score.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sgt Fulham

Tosin for £1.5m seems an absolute steal. He has been impressive in every game, calm on the ball and solid in defence (and some much needed height). I was also impressed by Andersen today. I don't remember him too much, but that was due to his good positioning and calmness, and everything I did notice him do, he did well. It brings me so much relief to think that we may finally have a defence that will give us half a hope in hell.

Mr K.Dilkington

they were excellent today defending crosses etc. It was more the invention needed today and we found it fortunately
Foolish ham

PaulJ123

They were good but let's just remember it was WBA at home

Deeping_white

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 02, 2020, 10:10:29 PM
They were good but let's just remember it was WBA at home

They scored 3 away at Chelsea, two away at Southampton too and were all over Brighton for 45 mins in a 1-1 draw, offensively they're not as awful as some.

WestSussexWhite

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

fcfulham55

Irony. I reckon goals will dry up both ends if we get 1 or 2 injuries upfront.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

WestSussexWhite

To be honest, for any team to stay up you have to have a solid foundation. If you have the ability to keep clean sheets you will win more games than you lose.

We Are Premier League

Looked good indeed, now lets see how they do when they come up against a PL team...WBA is going DOWN!

We Are Premier League

Just noticed that all of our 7 most defensive players are new...can only get better when they get settled!

Lemina Zambo
Robinson Tosin Andersen Aina
                  Areola

Mr K.Dilkington

west ham will be a tough game but if they perform like today they'll have a very good chance
Foolish ham

The Rational Fan

Thank you to "The Khans" for keeping buying players until we got the ones we need. A few more in the winter, the summer and the next season should be what's required to build a premier league squad. "Don't Stop till we get Enough [Quality Players]" we are slowly building something great, but it's a long road.

ChesterTheTabby

Our defense looked the part today. Frank gave away some sloppy passes, was a little languid tracking back, and Areola had that one disastrous pass from the goal... but overall comfortable and professional. Anderson and Tosin are a good pairing, Robinson is insanely athletic, and Aina has done a fine job.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on November 02, 2020, 11:56:07 PM
west ham will be a tough game but if they perform like today they'll have a very good chance
Antonio out is a bonus.  He's their spark. Benhrama will probably start but this will be a different team from the shower he faced a few weeks ago.  We can definitely beat this lot if we play like last night!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk