watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premiere League salaries by team

Started by terryr, November 03, 2020, 10:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Jimmy Hill must be turning in his grave and thinking " if I had known it would have grown to these levels I would never have started it"

Who could complain if the Premier league capped wages at about the lowest on that list, say £0.5m per year.

Art Vandelay

£45k per week for our third choice keeper is eye watering!!

Southcoastffc

I'm tempted to turn those figures into a value-for-money table.   Seri, Fabri, RLC, MLM would drop a long way, Odoi and Harrison Reed up significantly.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rebel

There is no way Odoi is on £8,000 per week, total nonsense.

cmg

'Spotrac' is quite acccurate when it comes to North American sports salaries (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL)...and so it shoud be because salaries and contract details in these sports are openly published and are public knowledge.

This is not he case for our domestic football. Although clubs' total wage bills may be ascertained through published Accounts, individuals' earnings must surely be a matter of (perhaps well informed) guesswork.

rebel

Quote from: cmg on November 03, 2020, 03:20:03 PM
'Spotrac' is quite acccurate when it comes to North American sports salaries (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL)...and so it shoud be because salaries and contract details in these sports are openly published and are public knowledge.

This is not he case for our domestic football. Although clubs' total wage bills may be ascertained through published Accounts, individuals' earnings must surely be a matter of (perhaps well informed) guesswork.

Top post, though wonder Odoi heads for the Wembley 'Bars' if he's on £8,000 per week and the highest earner is on £67k per week.

Craven_Chris

I have been looking into this for a blog post, but a bit of searching around found a few other lists proporting to give Fulham salary info, but with a few players in quite different positions. Fabri for example I have seen between £15k - £45k per week and there are quite range on a few other players salaries. It is complicated by the fact that many of these player would have had relegation clauses in their contracts so their wages may have changed several times over the last few seasons, so the figures could be correct but out of date.

Craven_Chris

THe other thing about that list, which struck me as implausible was Harrison Reed on £12k a week. Reed's £8m option in his loan deal triggered a bidding war for his services based entirely on wages. Basically his transfer fee was undervalued and his contract was avaialble to whoever would offer the best personal terms.

£12k sounds plausible for his Southampton contract, but I bet he is on closely to £50k now. If not he should sack his agent!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Craven_Chris on November 03, 2020, 05:06:42 PM
THe other thing about that list, which struck me as implausible was Harrison Reed on £12k a week. Reed's £8m option in his loan deal triggered a bidding war for his services based entirely on wages. Basically his transfer fee was undervalued and his contract was avaialble to whoever would offer the best personal terms.

£12k sounds plausible for his Southampton contract, but I bet he is on closely to £50k now. If not he should sack his agent!

If Reed is on 50k a week a lot of people should be fired, in my opinion. That's an outrageous wage even for a 'cheap' player. Can't see any other club offering more than half of that to Reed, but what do I know?

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 03, 2020, 06:26:26 PM

If Reed is on 50k a week a lot of people should be fired, in my opinion. That's an outrageous wage even for a 'cheap' player. Can't see any other club offering more than half of that to Reed, but what do I know?

Agreed. I wouldn't take the figures as gospel but no chance he's on £50k. Also the reasoning that there was "a bidding war for his services based entirely on wages" seems very speculative and a bit 2+2=5.

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Statto on November 03, 2020, 08:00:41 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 03, 2020, 06:26:26 PM

Agreed. I wouldn't take the figures as gospel but no chance he's on £50k. Also the reasoning that there was "a bidding war for his services based entirely on wages" seems very speculative and a bit 2+2=5.

To be clear it was speculation and Im assuming the reports that we had an option to buy at £8m are true. This would mean that Southampton would likely accept a similar bid from any other team as well. So I would say he was in a very strong bargaining position as far as contract terms go (and the press reports the transfer was held up by his wage demands).

I also note the rumours in the press that Robinson was offered a £50k/week salary for much the same reason (low transfer fee, high interest from other teams). Also there are other sites showing Fulham player wages and some of those (no idea how accurate) have him on £60k (e.g. here: https://www.sportekz.com/football/fulham-players-salaries/ ).

Additionally his FM manager profile (ok, thats a computer game)has him starting last season at £28k so my guess is he would now be at the upper end of the £30k-£60k range, which is why I went with £50k before.

To put that in more context, at £50k, with contract amortisation, he is costing Fulham about £5.3m per year which is about 4% of the player cost Fulham incurred last time in the premier league. The most expensive players (Anguissa, Mitro, Seri) are costing the club (I estimate) in the region of £8m-£10m a year or around 7% of the 2018 player budget each. To me that feels plausible for the outlay on Reed, especially as he has sell-on potential.

But the original point was that £12k didnt feel plausible to me, so I dont think that data looks good!

WestSussexWhite

Harrison Reed is on 50k a week. That was the reason why it took so long to happen after the end of the season (almost 3 weeks). Fulham were taken aback by his wage demands that were higher than that initially. The deal very nearly did not happen because of it

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Art Vandelay on November 03, 2020, 02:16:55 PM
£45k per week for our third choice keeper is eye watering!!

Man United spend 159 million annually on salary.  We spend 25 million.  They are 15th in the league (with game in hand). THAT is eye watering.

Their 3rd string keeper makes 70k per week.

filham

Good to know that Loftus Cheek can afford a cushion to make life on the bench comfortable for him.

Sting of the North

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on November 03, 2020, 10:40:36 PM
Harrison Reed is on 50k a week. That was the reason why it took so long to happen after the end of the season (almost 3 weeks). Fulham were taken aback by his wage demands that were higher than that initially. The deal very nearly did not happen because of it

As I said, what do I know. But if true that is borderline criminal for an unproven player in my opinion. I get that he came at a decent (not overly cheap) price, but still sounds way over the top.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 04, 2020, 06:47:53 PM

As I said, what do I know. But if true that is borderline criminal for an unproven player in my opinion. I get that he came at a decent (not overly cheap) price, but still sounds way over the top.

Initially he asked for 70k a week!

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 04, 2020, 06:47:53 PM

I know it's a huge amount, but its worth looking at it in terms of the percentage of funds Fulham has to spend on players this season. Last time in the premier league, the total spent by Fulham on contract amortisation and salaries was about £135m. Assuming a similar spend this year, Reed will be consuming about 4% of that budget. In other words we are spending 1/25th of our budget on him and we have a 25 man squad for the premier league (plus some sitting outside that squad). That makes him a fairly average costing player for us.

The circumstances of his transfer (like Robinson) mean that his cost is weighted toward player salary, which is good news for him, and bad news for Southampton who are probably missing out on some value.

It is obscene money for a person to get, but I find it more upsetting to think about the amount Seri is costing us to sit outside the squad!

Statto

According to the same website, Fredericks is only on £40k per at West Ham.

So we baulked at paying £40k to keep Fredericks, despite the fact there was no associated transfer fee, but were prepared to pay £50k to keep Reed.

Something doesn't add up there.

PaulJ123

If we're paying 50k a week for Reed, the game really has gone mad.

I really rate Reed but 50k a week for someone who's barely played in the top league is madness!