more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reed > Lemina

Started by JEEVES, November 03, 2020, 07:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Big T on November 04, 2020, 03:21:51 PM
Who Reed the player 100% of us were begging the Khans to sign ?
Now a lot of people saying he's not all that and we should use him to see out games  !!!!

I said a long time ago that IMO he was overrated by fans because he played well in those few games after lockdown.

For most of the season, up to lockdown, he was average.

If you compare him to Mawson, pre-lockdown they both played a comparable number of games, at a comparable standard. Yet Mawson got injured, so fell into the abyss in fans' minds, whereas Reed came out with a few really strong performances, and suddenly he was a POTS contender. Funny how easily memories are overwritten.

With all that said, personally I still wanted us to sign Reed on a perm, for the same reason I wanted us to sign Norwood on a perm in 2018. Neither player is good enough to start regularly in the PL IMO, but it made sense to keep the team, including squad players, together to the fullest extent possible.

FFC1987

Quote from: Big T on November 04, 2020, 03:21:51 PM
Who Reed the player 100% of us were begging the Khans to sign ?
Now a lot of people saying he's not all that and we should use him to see out games  !!!!

I wanna see him start alongside Cairney & Anguissa personally

I thought Lemina had a decent first half but people are slightly overinflating his performance somewhat,

I do remember him trying to do a little bit to much at times and losing the ball rather then simply passing it,,,, maybe I'm wrong I need to rewatch that first half again to make a proper assessment

You know people can still be happy that we signed him and that he isn't currently starting right? We have a competitive squad for a reason but we've added some  real talent so nearly everyone is fighting for places.....but not Mitrovic!

Reed is still an important player in this squad, even if people, like myself rate Lemina higher.