watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reed > Lemina

Started by JEEVES, November 03, 2020, 07:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

I've got a genuine feeling that I just didn't watch Lemina close enough in the first half yesterday because literally everyone has raved about how well he played and I'm not that stubborn that I think I know better than pretty much every fulham fan on social media. My mate messaged me at half time saying how good Lemina looked and I genuinely said if I could make a change right now it would be Lemina for Reed which is exactly what Parker did and I personally thought it worked so I must admit I'm pretty confused today. Anyway been smiling all day COYW'S.

Mr K.Dilkington

reed would be superior in seeing out games imo. just because he's strictly a dm
Foolish ham

JEEVES

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on November 03, 2020, 07:52:37 PM
reed would be superior in seeing out games imo. just because he's strictly a dm

Yeah I just feel like it was the right tactical sub and it worked but yet people saying Lemina must have had a twinge cos he was so amazing. Just don't see it. But feel like I'm massively in the minority.

JEEVES

MrFFC

Lemina a better player than Reed for me
Come on you Whites!! :)

itombomb

Lemina is a more talented player - he's better able to beat the press and drive into space as he's more technically and athletically skilled. Though that does create some risk if there is then he loses the ball and if there is no cover.

I think Reed reads the game a bit better though

I think against 'better' teams we may play both of them.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Not sold on Lemina by any means but I thought he was good in the first half last night. Reed seems to struggle with injuries, but we've now got some genuine depth in the central midfield area as others have alluded to.

Caedal

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: itombomb on November 03, 2020, 10:13:20 PM
Lemina is a more talented player - he's better able to beat the press and drive into space as he's more technically and athletically skilled. Though that does create some risk if there is then he loses the ball and if there is no cover.

I think Reed reads the game a bit better though

I think against 'better' teams we may play both of them.

:plus one:
082.gif

JEEVES

Lemina receives the ball deep and holds onto it, invites tackles, just about gets away with it but also often looses it. Anguissa does the same higher up the pitch where it's not as dangerous. Apart from the mistake he made which almost cost us a goal but that's my point, don't mess about with it deep near the defence, Reed doesn't do that. I feel way more at ease with Reed on the ball deep. I think what I'm trying to say is Lemina has undoubted ability but I don't like him being the DM protecting the defence.

Matt10

I think some are determining characteristics of individuals versus underestimating the fact that it's simple match flow, and match fitness, that was on display. Mistakes will happen. It's a matter of what we do after those mistakes. If that answer defines the play of Anguissa and Lemina, then I would say they did incredibly well. If we start to see a pattern of those mistakes, then it would be safe to classify them as certain characteristics. Keep in mind, both Lemina and Anguissa were playing alongside eachother for the first time in a while. What shouldn't go unnoticed is how good Anguissa and Cairney linked up from mid to defensive third - a very good move by Parker placing Cairney more advanced.

Stevieboy

It's all about the match day squad and how Scottie wants to play the game.
Makes sense to have Lemina creating and then if we need to shut up shop, bring on Reed.
This also lessens chance of either being injured.

FFC1987

Quote from: JEEVES on November 03, 2020, 11:10:35 PM
Lemina receives the ball deep and holds onto it, invites tackles, just about gets away with it but also often looses it. Anguissa does the same higher up the pitch where it's not as dangerous. Apart from the mistake he made which almost cost us a goal but that's my point, don't mess about with it deep near the defence, Reed doesn't do that. I feel way more at ease with Reed on the ball deep. I think what I'm trying to say is Lemina has undoubted ability but I don't like him being the DM protecting the defence.

I don't know what Lemina you watched but that's not him at all really.

PaulJ123

Lemina is a better player than Reed but I'd prefer Reed in that position.

Lyle from Hangeland

Lemina is the better playmaker, as far as I can tell.

FFCBadger

I think they're pretty evenly balanced.
It is too early to tell on Lemina though, time will tell?

In the first half though I think the Lemina Cairney combo worked really well in breaking down the WBA midfield, who have been getting absolute pelters since the game. I agree WBA were poor in midfield but we were also good.

Big T

Who Reed the player 100% of us were begging the Khans to sign ?
Now a lot of people saying he's not all that and we should use him to see out games  !!!!

I wanna see him start alongside Cairney & Anguissa personally

I thought Lemina had a decent first half but people are slightly overinflating his performance somewhat,

I do remember him trying to do a little bit to much at times and losing the ball rather then simply passing it,,,, maybe I'm wrong I need to rewatch that first half again to make a proper assessment

milis

Only time will tell, Lemina did show glimpses of great skill. Reed did not impress me so far in PL.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Big T on November 04, 2020, 03:21:51 PM
Who Reed the player 100% of us were begging the Khans to sign ?
Now a lot of people saying he's not all that and we should use him to see out games  !!!!

I wanna see him start alongside Cairney & Anguissa personally

I thought Lemina had a decent first half but people are slightly overinflating his performance somewhat,

I do remember him trying to do a little bit to much at times and losing the ball rather then simply passing it,,,, maybe I'm wrong I need to rewatch that first half again to make a proper assessment

I think you have misunderstood what 100 % means.