watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where is Tim Ream?

Started by Nightwind15, November 05, 2020, 01:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

While I have been away from the forum I am still watching our matches.  I obviously missed something about or former player of the year.  What's up???
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

Sting of the North

He has started most of our games, but was on the bench in the last game with Andersen back from injury. I expect that will be his place for the foreseeable future unless we have injury problems. Very non-controversial, in my opinion.

Jim©

yep, very non-controversial- ability wise i'd say that we have upgrades in the 2 CBs that played v West Brom.

Statto

Won't be seeing him again. When Kongolo comes back Ream will be our 3rd choice LCB.

Nightwind15

How does a player go from "Player Of The Year" to the bench in third reserve?

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Nightwind15 on November 05, 2020, 03:48:06 PM
Because he has proved time and again he is not quite up to Premier League standard!

Nightwind15

I wondered if he were injured or his form just fell off.  He has cost the USA several times in WC qualifying  The only player worse is JOSE OUTTHEDOOR. 

Sgt Fulham

Some players just never make the step up to Premier League quality despite being okay/good in the Championship. Taking nothing away from Ream's contribution in that season he is a player that very much falls into this category. We can't afford to keep making the mistake of playing him out of sentiment.

Nightwind15

Jim©

Because being player of the year against championship players and with a fully firing team around you is arguably easier than playing in a relegation threatened team against Aubameyang et al?

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: wonderfulthingcali on November 05, 2020, 03:52:11 PM
Because he has proved time and again he is not quite up to Premier League standard!
truth! good servant and decent at championship level but no way good enough long term in PL. will cost you eventually
Foolish ham

Twig

He's also not getting any younger. So if we accept that he struggled last time around in the Prem then he's likely to struggle more, rather than less, this time around.
As others have said, a decent Championship level player and a great club servant but no longer up to Prem standards, if he ever was.

Black and White Blood

I think Reim is often made a bit of a scapegoat.
Last time we were in the Prem he was injured at the start but slowly improved, however we all know
how unforgiving this league is.
I'm not saying he is the future but his reading of the game is good and this year he has certainly been better than Hector, who so far has been out of his depth.
Hopefully our new CH pairing is a success, but many thanks to our former player of the year.

filham

Tim Ream is a favourite of mine but we have signed stronger players and  we must remember Tim is  in his thirties and a year older than he was last year and Fulham are now playing in the Premier league instead of the Championship.

Andy S

I agree Ream has been a great servant  to the club and may still need to be slotted in if there is an emergency but hopefully there will be no need. I'm sure somebody will come in for him during the January window

hovewhite

Age,premier standard (where he struggles)and I don't like saying that but its true the same could be said for hector as well apart from age.they're not up to standard.

Nightwind15

I expect he will head back to the states after the season.

RaySmith

Quote from: Black and White Blood on November 05, 2020, 06:34:07 PM
I think Reim is often made a bit of a scapegoat.
Last time we were in the Prem he was injured at the start but slowly improved, however we all know
how unforgiving this league is.
I'm not saying he is the future but his reading of the game is good and this year he has certainly been better than Hector, who so far has been out of his depth.
Hopefully our new CH pairing is a success, but many thanks to our former player of the year.

Who'd of thought it would be  Ream to be the cb to feature for us i the Prem, alongside  Odoi and MLM, rather than Hector, a hero of  our promotion  season, while Ream was a bit of  weak link to many fans.
But Hector just seemed to look completely out of his depth, while Ream did the decent job he's always done for Fulham.

But obviously, we were severely lacking in  defence, and shipping  far too many soft goals, and reinforcements were desperately  necessary, which we, fortunately, seem to have  acquired - the players brought in at cb definitely seem to be upgrades.

But Ream will always  have a place in Fulham fans' hearts for his loyalty  and someone who  was always honest, who could be relied upon to always do his best - always nothing less than a solid, reliable pro.