watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Under 23's tonight.

Started by Ronnief, November 06, 2020, 11:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnief

I see that tonights under 23 match against Stoke is being shown live on FFCtv. I thought I'd check out the likely team by viewing the official web site as a few names mentioned on the preview are unknown to me. I look on the the under 23 and under 18 team list and see we have only 9 under 18 players and only a few more in the under 23's. Do you think the club does not want to advertise our young players? I also see that Matt O'Riley is still without a club, how was it that this young skilfull midfielder was so badly advised by being allowed to leave and now not having a club.

Jamie88

The club have always been appalling at updating the U23 & U18 player profiles, not sure why but it's always been like that since I can remember

hovewhite

O'Riley still without a club that amazes me as can't believe the club didn't leave an offer on the table as he's a huge prospect.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: hovewhite on November 06, 2020, 11:55:29 AM
O'Riley still without a club that amazes me as can't believe the club didn't leave an offer on the table as he's a huge prospect.

Skysports reported in June:
Matt O'Riley is set to leave Fulham on July 1 after rejecting a new contract offer.

The 19-year-old England youth international was offered a three-year, first-team deal plus the option of a fourth but has turned it down.

He wants more regular football and a number of clubs in the Championship, as well as others from the Netherlands and Belgium, are said to be keen to sign him.

The midfielder has been with the Whites for 11 years and has been considered one of their brightest academy prospects - so the club would be due compensation from his next club.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jim©

I thought O'Reilly was poorly advised too. He refused to sign the contract offered here and no one wants him. There were one or two very vociferous supporters of him on here and other forums but I'd never seen him do anything at 1st team level to merit their seemingly OTT praise.

Woolly Mammoth

Agreed.....madness, somebody will eventually snap him up, he may live to regret turning down the contract. I had high hopes for him at Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

I think I remeber reading the club refused to deal with his agent
If his agent is noxious that might also explain why he still doesnt have a club
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southcoastffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 06, 2020, 01:16:29 PM
I think I remeber reading the club refused to deal with his agent
If his agent is noxious that might also explain why he still doesnt have a club
And perhaps the compensation  factor might be a deterrent for potential clubs.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

res

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 06, 2020, 01:04:57 PM

Agreed.....madness, somebody will eventually snap him up, he may live to regret turning down the contract. I had high hopes for him at Fulham.

I get the impression that his agent told Matt that he was a special talent, but, unfortunately for Matt, no-one has gone along with that. Talented, no doubt, but I never saw anything other than a potential first team squad member. From what I saw of him, could pick a pass but needed time to so do, and was reluctant to back track or put in a tackle. Another example of an agent turning a player's head...this time. not even for short term gains. Could be a frustrating waste.

Statto

Don't see why O'Riley keeps getting stick for leaving in search of more regular football.

When a youngster leaves us to sit in a big club's reserves we say they're poorly-advised and just chasing a pay rise.

Seems to me that O'Riley did the opposite and yet he's still getting the same criticism. 

res

Quote from: Ronnief on November 06, 2020, 11:32:54 AM
I see that tonights under 23 match against Stoke is being shown live on FFCtv. I thought I'd check out the likely team by viewing the official web site as a few names mentioned on the preview are unknown to me. I look on the the under 23 and under 18 team list and see we have only 9 under 18 players and only a few more in the under 23's. Do you think the club does not want to advertise our young players? I also see that Matt O'Riley is still without a club, how was it that this young skilfull midfielder was so badly advised by being allowed to leave and now not having a club.

Our U23s tend to be more like U20s. Unlike other teams, we don't play first team squad players not actually playing in the first team, so we tend to get knocked about by bigger and stronger players (Newcastle, e.g., had 4 first teamers in their U23 team when they played us recently). Does cause a problem as our U18s results are very good (won the league last year, top this year, but our U23s results are poor; the justification is that it's all about player development rather than results, but I always think that there's a negative element in that it creates a losing mentality and stops players' developments.

copthornemike

With the benefit of that wonderful gift called hindsight he might have been better advised to sign a short contract with an agreement to allow him to go out on a loan if he was unlikely to get first team time - a win win all round.
Solution- get a better agent, simples.
The longer he spends without a club (particularly in these troubled times) the more serious he needs to consider another career unfortunately- not that I suppose his current agent will propose. Too interested in getting an agent's 'fee!'

cmg

StefJo and KMac enjoying a stroll out tonight. Stef hasn't even been booked yet.

1-0 up. Neat goal for Francois.
Fulham in control. Woud be well ahead but for weak finishing. I presume Stansfield is still injured.
Schwarzer is sub goalie. Presumably the great man's son...or grandson.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fernhurst

I pay my fiver a month for access to FFCTV........ do you need to pay more to access these games???
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 06, 2020, 08:45:52 PM
I pay my fiver a month for access to FFCTV........ do you need to pay more to access these games???

No

Fernhurst

Thanks CMG....... wonder why I can't shift the padlock from the front screen??

cmg

Lost 1-2

Fell apart in 2nd half.
Nobody of any particular note.

cmg

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 06, 2020, 08:52:07 PM
Thanks CMG....... wonder why I can't shift the padlock from the front screen??

Have to say I had to LogIn three or four times before I got any action.
Whether I was on the wrong page, doing the wrong thing or if the system is crap, I know not.

Fernhurst