watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lets face it

Started by Only Me, November 07, 2020, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Yes I can. Have a good chance of points against Everton, Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton. And we are never without chance in the other games.

Plodder

Quote from: Only Me on November 07, 2020, 10:22:41 PM
No way are we going to stay up

"No way"?  Presumably therefore you are happy to offer me odds at 1 million to one. I pledge a pound - you pay me a million if we stay up.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 11:10:36 PM
Yes I can. Have a good chance of points against Everton, Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton. And we are never without chance in the other games.

Fair play to you sir. Lets revisit on 28th Dec and see where we are. I hope I come hat in hand, begging your pardon.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2020, 11:11:32 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 11:10:36 PM

Fair play to you sir. Lets revisit on 28th Dec and see where we are. I hope I come hat in hand, begging your pardon.

082.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 10:35:38 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 07, 2020, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 10:25:39 PM
There are plenty of ways, objectively. Did you not know that there are 38 games to a season and 3 points for a win. We have a potential 90 further points to play for. This thread is objectively wrong.
we haven't played any of lasts seasons top 6 yet, so minus 12 games and 24 points off that 90 as we aren't going to touch them. minus another game and 3 points for arsenal and that leaves us with realistically about 60 points to play for

Hopefully the players aren't as ridiculously defeatist as you are. To give up on 13 games beforehand kind of takes the cake for being negative even for you (and that says an awful lot)
who given up, just realistically pointing out that the top 6 and arsenal will beat us comfortably
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2020, 10:28:43 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 07, 2020, 10:23:37 PM
We're 17th FFS

Let's see where we are on 12th December after the following games, Everton, Leicester, man city and Liverpool. We then have Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton and Spurs. So lets review again at end of year. I think we'll very likely be bottom, maybe 19th at that point.

Not to be all doom and gloom as we've been playing some lovely football and 'deserved' better results. But we don't get them. We don't take opportunities in key moments in tight games but other teams really get the jugular with us so its hard to see past relegation really. If I was a betting man, I'd say I'm about 85% certain we'll be relegated.

Agree with you - we seem to be more style over substance. 

Out of the bottom 4 teams we've had the easiest run of games as well.

rebel

Quote from: Only Me on November 07, 2020, 10:22:41 PM
No way are we going to stay up

You are right, 'It's only you'.

hovewhite

We have a lot better chance with these improved performances it's seems some people want the club to fail, support Fulham please guys!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on November 07, 2020, 11:33:34 PM
There are plenty of ways, objectively. Did you not know that there are 38 games to a season and 3 points for a win. We have a potential 90 further points to play for. This thread is objectively wrong.
we haven't played any of lasts seasons top 6 yet, so minus 12 games and 24 points off that 90 as we aren't going to touch them. minus another game and 3 points for arsenal and that leaves us with realistically about 60 points to play for

Hopefully the players aren't as ridiculously defeatist as you are. To give up on 13 games beforehand kind of takes the cake for being negative even for you (and that says an awful lot)
who given up, just realistically pointing out that the top 6 and arsenal will beat us comfortably

I do not think all the top six will beat us. I believe we can get results against any club. Of course the evidence suggests on paper that you could be indeed correct.
But we will improve and should turn out to be a hard nut to crack providing we don't make a habit of missing too many penalties.
I do agree that against some teams so far we should have already doubled our points total, but we are not a push over anymore like a couple seasons ago.
There are still enough matches to keep above at least three others before the end of the season injuries permitting.
The target by the new year should be no lower than 17th.
If we do happen to fail comfortably against the big boys between now and the new year, then I may or may not change my tune and commence pacing round the room.
However, I do not think any result is a dead cert, the current problem is picking up the odd point or three on a more regular basis.
I will probably give us 20 matches before starting to polish off all my impressive stock of Captain Morgan's Rum.
My only real concern is where the goals will come from unless there is a cunning plan during the January window.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 08, 2020, 08:54:47 AM

I do not think all the top six will beat us. I believe we can get results against any club. Of course the evidence suggests on paper that you could be indeed correct.
But we will improve and should turn out to be a hard nut to crack providing we don't make a habit of missing too many penalties.
I do agree that against some teams so far we should have already doubled our points total, but we are not a push over anymore like a couple seasons ago.
There are still enough matches to keep above at least three others before the end of the season injuries permitting.
If we do happen to fail comfortably against the big boys between now and the new year, then I may or may not change my tune and commence pacing round the room.
However, I do not think any result is a dead cert, the current problem is picking up the odd point or three on a more regular basis.
I will probably give us 20 matches before starting to polish off all my impressive stock of Captain Morgan's Rum.
My only real concern is where the goals will come from unless there is a cunning plan during the January window.

well we will know soon enough. We play 3 of them and Everton in our next 4 games. I predict 0 wins out of that and a new manager as not even Klopp survives one win in thirteen.

alfie

Well Ben that is something you cannot know, using the word "realistically" does not make it a fact.
There are no certainties that we will win or lose any game.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitesideup

Do you include Leicester in the top 6? A team that has lost to Aston Villa and West Ham? Good side with real pace up front, but still a side I think we can stand up to. Everton? Is Richarlison back? He may well make a difference for them, but again, a really tough game, but I don't write ourselves off. Liverpool and City? Well, any point is a bonus. Set ourselves up to be hard to break down and who knows?

Think we can surprise some of the bigger clubs now. Of course we will need to take any chances coming our way, which if anything is our biggest failing at the moment. Of course we will need a bit of luck. Remember Liverpool away last time round? Scored a good goal disallowed, Liverpool scoring immediately with a goal kick taken with a rolling ball. Game over. We can't have repeats of that kind of luck.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 08, 2020, 09:46:38 AM
Do you include Leicester in the top 6? A team that has lost to Aston Villa and West Ham? Good side with real pace up front, but still a side I think we can stand up to. Everton? Is Richarlison back? He may well make a difference for them, but again, a really tough game, but I don't write ourselves off. Liverpool and City? Well, any point is a bonus. Set ourselves up to be hard to break down and who knows?

Think we can surprise some of the bigger clubs now. Of course we will need to take any chances coming our way, which if anything is our biggest failing at the moment. Of course we will need a bit of luck. Remember Liverpool away last time round? Scored a good goal disallowed, Liverpool scoring immediately with a goal kick taken with a rolling ball. Game over. We can't have repeats of that kind of luck.
of course Leicester are a top 6 club. finished 5th last season and currently sit fourth.

Whitestone

Let's not forget the first 90 minutes yesterday. The team were playing well and it's very clear to see steady improvement from the Wolves game forwards. This season was never going to be easy, in particular the next four games but I've seen enough to stay positive despite what happened in added time last night. That was a 0-0 game screwed up by the officials and Lookman. It happens. It's a new day. move on.

Statto

Yes I also really expected us to look like a top 6 side by now. Parker out!!!!

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on November 08, 2020, 09:45:22 AM

Well Ben that is something you cannot know, using the word "realistically" does not make it a fact.
There are no certainties that we will win or lose any game.

erm thats why i used the word realistically

Whitesideup

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2020, 09:50:36 AM

of course Leicester are a top 6 club. finished 5th last season and currently sit fourth.
Top 6 can be used as a term for the "Big 6"  ie, Liverpool, City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on November 08, 2020, 09:52:11 AM
Yes I also really expected us to look like a top 6 side by now. Parker out!!!!
doubt even the most ardent parker fan would in their wildest dreams imagine he could make us a mid table team let alone top 6. if we fail to win any of the next 4 games will you finally admit that his job is untenable, as that would mean one win in thirteen

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2020, 09:02:54 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 08, 2020, 08:54:47 AM

well we will know soon enough. We play 3 of them and Everton in our next 4 games. I predict 0 wins out of that and a new manager as not even Klopp survives one win in thirteen.

Hmmm that's a tough four games.
So I will predict we will lose only one, win one and draw two.
If you are indeed correct and we come out of those 4 matches looking beaten up. I cannot see any change of manager as nobody decent will want the job. It's a poisoned chalice with the owners son interfering in football matters and recruitment.
Therefore, we will have to make sure we are no lower than 17th by the new year to avoid the dreaded catch up and relying far too much on other teams failing to win the points they need.
Otherwise it is plan E, and I hope they already have that in place which is to raid the transfer window with targets already lined up who can win games for us, as well as save games.
Otherwise we are Doomed and we will get relegated for the third time since the owners son has been interfering.
Although despite him I think Scott will manage the players he has well enough to finish above three other teams, although I admit we may need another striker to boost the ranks.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 08, 2020, 09:54:23 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2020, 09:50:36 AM

Top 6 can be used as a term for the "Big 6"  ie, Liverpool, City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham.
most people actually use the term big 6 to decribe the big six though, top 6 describes the current best 6 teams.