Only Me

No way are we going to stay up

Statto

Lyle from Hangeland

SP

BestOfBrede

Typing a thread for the sake of it!

Sting of the North

There are plenty of ways, objectively. Did you not know that there are 38 games to a season and 3 points for a win. We have a potential 90 further points to play for. This thread is objectively wrong.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 10:25:39 PM
There are plenty of ways, objectively. Did you not know that there are 38 games to a season and 3 points for a win. We have a potential 90 further points to play for. This thread is objectively wrong.
we haven't played any of lasts seasons top 6 yet, so minus 12 games and 24 points off that 90 as we aren't going to touch them. minus another game and 3 points for arsenal and that leaves us with realistically about 60 points to play for
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 07, 2020, 10:23:37 PM
We're 17th FFS

Let's see where we are on 12th December after the following games, Everton, Leicester, man city and Liverpool. We then have Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton and Spurs. So lets review again at end of year. I think we'll very likely be bottom, maybe 19th at that point.

Not to be all doom and gloom as we've been playing some lovely football and 'deserved' better results. But we don't get them. We don't take opportunities in key moments in tight games but other teams really get the jugular with us so its hard to see past relegation really. If I was a betting man, I'd say I'm about 85% certain we'll be relegated.

Finnans Right Peg

What is wrong with people on this forum .we are 17th and havent had any luck with some decisions .Our back 4 looks as good has it has been in ages .I defo think burnley sheff utd will go down with west brom.

Just to add I have seen us win games and be less happy with the performance than the one i saw tonight

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on November 07, 2020, 10:28:18 PM
we haven't played any of lasts seasons top 6 yet, so minus 12 games and 24 points off that 90 as we aren't going to touch them. minus another game and 3 points for arsenal and that leaves us with realistically about 60 points to play for

Hopefully the players aren't as ridiculously defeatist as you are. To give up on 13 games beforehand kind of takes the cake for being negative even for you (and that says an awful lot)

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on November 07, 2020, 10:33:23 PM
What is wrong with people on this forum .we are 17th and havent had any luck with some decisions .Our back 4 looks as good has it has been in ages .I defo think burnley sheff utd will go down with west brom.

Just to add I have seen us win games and be less happy with the performance than the one i saw tonight

:plus one:

All three are in  a worse state than us.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 10:35:38 PM

Hopefully the players aren't as ridiculously defeatist as you are. To give up on 13 games beforehand kind of takes the cake for being negative even for you (and that says an awful lot)

I think that's a tad unfair really. You can predict we're going down and still support your team and hope you're wrong. Expecting points from the big clubs seems overly optimistic so I agree we shouldn't expect them.

Denzil Dexter

Everton and City next. If we get 0 from those 2 (expected)  we're bottom 3 again. Triffick.  West Ham without Antonio should be minimum 1 point.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Finnans Right Peg

Everton on the slide and city be playing in europe and are worse atthe back than us i reckon we pick up at least a point

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2020, 10:39:06 PM

I think that's a tad unfair really. You can predict we're going down and still support your team and hope you're wrong. Expecting points from the big clubs seems overly optimistic so I agree we shouldn't expect them.

I don't think I in any way said that Ben was not supporting our team. But I think there is a difference between not expecting points against the better team and claiming that we have no chance at all. But that's just me being a bit alergic to hyperbole.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 10:48:50 PM

I don't think I in any way said that Ben was not supporting our team. But I think there is a difference between not expecting points against the better team and claiming that we have no chance at all. But that's just me being a bit alergic to hyperbole.

I just took your barrage of calling him negative to suggest it. That's fine though. I personally wouldn't say there's no chance, but the odds are extremely thin aren't they? You say your allergic to hyperbole but in reality, that's probably, and statistically going to be the outcome.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2020, 10:53:13 PM

I just took your barrage of calling him negative to suggest it. That's fine though. I personally wouldn't say there's no chance, but the odds are extremely thin aren't they? You say your allergic to hyperbole but in reality, that's probably, and statistically going to be the outcome.

You are of course free to your interpretations, but personally I would never think that someone that cares enough to post on here is not a big supporter. 0 points from 13 games against the top teams. That has to be very  rare statistically even for really bad teams I would guess. Most teams likely has at least one or two 'big' results I would guess. But I don't have the stats to back it up, and it's really not important. I will keep believing, and others are free to keep not believing. We all want the same thing in the end anyway.

Mr K.Dilkington

Nobody likes a losers mentality
Foolish ham

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 07, 2020, 11:00:10 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2020, 10:53:13 PM

You are of course free to your interpretations, but personally I would never think that someone that cares enough to post on here is not a big supporter. 0 points from 13 games against the top teams. That has to be very  rare statistically even for really bad teams I would guess. Most teams likely has at least one or two 'big' results I would guess. But I don't have the stats to back it up, and it's really not important. I will keep believing, and others are free to keep not believing. We all want the same thing in the end anyway.

I was wrong about the support aspect. Poorly worded on my part.

I'd imagine, you get the odd result against top 6 clubs, granted, but I'd also imagine most clubs don't factor that into points predictors or suggesting they should achieve a certain amount from that bracket? Ie we need 40 points to stay (in theory) where are these coming from. I'll keep believing we can do it. We have shown signs of genuine quality and belonging at this level, but when the margins are tight, we never seem to come up with anything. Not beating Sheffield (although arguably, we should of lost that game), Wolves was unfortunate, now Westham, its really hard to see how by xmas, after the following fixtures, we won't be bottom/19th: Everton, Leicester, Man City, Liverpool, Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton, Spurs. Maybe if we beat Everton, we can create some resolve and muster the points we desperately need.

Can you honestly say, you think we'll be 17th or higher after that run of games? If so, I wish I had your optimism.