Main Menu

Ollie Watkins

Started by South Coast White, November 08, 2020, 09:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: peter w on November 11, 2020, 04:47:03 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 11, 2020, 07:48:40 AM
Quote from: peter w on November 11, 2020, 03:55:18 AM
Areola? Your keeper? Better than Martinez? Right......

Anguissa? Ahead of MCGinn or Barkley???? Again, right.....

You know nothing about these players, clearly. Which is fine, although if you're going to post on Fulham forum I thought you might at least Google them to stop making a fool of yourself. But no, sigh...

Good luck with your next relegation battle. Won't be long  :dft012:

Remind of the players that are better than Martinez and McGinn again?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54867591

Ha ha, coming on another clubs forum under the pretense of friendly debate and then trying to have a dig.
If you really think that Martinez is better than Areola then fill your boots. I don't think it's coincidence that he's played at PSG and Real Madrid. He wanted a full season of matches hence Fulham. I'd suggest he's not in the same league as Martinez. He's above it.

Anguissa v Barkley?!?!? You've clearly not watched the fella. I'd guess I've watched Barkley in 25 + matches and again, they're not comparable.

Using BBC site for points of how a player has done is a bit like me answering my kids "because" when I tell them to do something.

As an aside- for the £ it cost you for Matty Cash, we got a good few players that are at least comparable to him, one of which will grow into a far better player than him- Robinson.

You keep riding the crest of your wave. All Villa prove to me is that a quarter of a biilion quid don't buy you much.

Statto

Oh come on Jim. You're viewing Areola through your PSG and Real Madrid-tinted spectacles there. Martinez has had several good seasons in the Championship (like most of Villa's big money signings) so may be a better player.

:005:

Sting of the North

You know nothing about these players, clearly. Which is fine, although if you're going to post on Fulham forum I thought you might at least Google them to stop making a fool of yourself. But no, sigh...

Ratings by BBC sports readers... if ever there was a useless statistic to try to prove the best players it is probably something like fan ratings based on a very small sample size so you at least succeeded in that regard. To everyone's surprise the teams with the best start to the season has many highly rated players, especially if said teams have punched above their weight initially (in other words players performing above expectations). At the other end we have players like Pogba and Maquire because their team has underperformed and they are the most popular scape goats (not completely undeserved mind you, but I would suggest that they have actually not been the worst players at all at their positions).

So good for you managing to prove that Villa has started better than Fulham, but it would have been easier to just link to the league table since you are obviously not very interested in a balanced discussion any way.

alfie

Who is this bloke?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't