watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need a striker ASAP

Started by Favershampaul, November 11, 2020, 07:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I think that third player in the front three is the missing link in the team at the moment, Kebano, Reid, Kamara and Cav. are the options but they are not quite up to premier quality.
Anyone of Saha, Boa or Hayles would would do nicely but of course a lot of other clubs are looking for players like this and the transfer fee would be enormous

Having said that, Saha , Boa and Hayles were not top draw premiership players when they arrived at the Cottage and didn't cost us the earth.

Time our current scouts came up with something good and perhaps Tony needs to put away his Stats Book until after the next window closes.

Jims Dentist

We have supposedly been linked with Dembele at Posh, both in the summer and since.
He can play wide or through the middle.

IMHO this is exactly the sort of prospect we should be getting, before someone else undoubtedly does.
May not set the Premier alight to start with, but would not cost a massive amount, and would likely better than what we can currently put out wide right.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Ah. Boa Morte. The highlights player. Didnt do much in. Game, but what he did do, would be on the highlights.

Do miss him. Great player.

F(f)CUK

Looks to me like Mitrovic needs a break. He does not look as potent.

Luka

Mitro is a good Championship striker but isn't fit for purpose in the Premier League.
He relies to much on physicality, is not quick and has a questionable and predictable temperament.
Premier league defenders are strong, generally quick  and have a solid temperament.
All three of these traits are a prerequisite at this level.
I think Mitro will get goals but not enough to justify the tag of undroppable striker. Hope he proves me wrong, but we do need to recruit and upgrade in January.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Tonywa on November 12, 2020, 10:56:13 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 11, 2020, 10:30:24 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 11, 2020, 08:18:19 PM
A proven player in the Saha mould, will cost a lot of money. We need to take a risk on a player from the lower leagues. Find the new Vardy and we'll be laughing. There are some out there, just need to find them.

Every scout in the world is looking for that player and if an agent has one he is ringing everyone.

Brentford seem to have managed it regularly in the last few years. Maupay, Watkins and now Toney all picked up for comparatively low sums.
Brentfords recruitment team is universally recognised as one of the best, whereas ours??

Hatch007

Quote from: Jims Dentist on November 12, 2020, 10:13:33 PM
We have supposedly been linked with Dembele at Posh, both in the summer and since.
He can play wide or through the middle.

IMHO this is exactly the sort of prospect we should be getting, before someone else undoubtedly does.
May not set the Premier alight to start with, but would not cost a massive amount, and would likely better than what we can currently put out wide right.

That's a good shout:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sklxyd5wPXE

LC

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 13, 2020, 01:51:41 PM
Ah. Boa Morte. The highlights player. Didnt do much in. Game, but what he did do, would be on the highlights.

Spot on. The sort of player we need is Steed Malbranque, now he was top draw week in week out.

We need to get a striker and a right winger come January if we want to stay up- I would presume management is looking at this but you never know

JimOG

Quote from: LC on November 15, 2020, 11:35:41 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 13, 2020, 01:51:41 PM

Spot on. The sort of player we need is Steed Malbranque, now he was top draw week in week out.

We need to get a striker and a right winger come January if we want to stay up- I would presume management is looking at this but you never know

I don't know where RLC is in terms of match fitness but could he be Mitro's twin striker, playing off him with Lookman? Conte, when Chelsea manager, argued that's his natural place

Craven Mad

Really hope we bring in 2 attackers in Jan (one CF and one RW).

Players with Prem experience that I think we should be looking at (many as loans rather than transfers):

Josh King, Giroud, Moussa Dembele, Buendia, Ismailia Sarr, Babel, Daniel James, Demarai Gray, Buendia, Nick Powell, Nketiah, Maitland-Niles, Origi, Ighalo.

JimOG

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 16, 2020, 12:22:12 PM

Players with Prem experience that I think we should be looking at (many as loans rather than transfers):

Josh King, Giroud, Moussa Dembele, Buendia, Ismailia Sarr, Babel, Daniel James, Demarai Gray, Buendia, Nick Powell, Nketiah, Maitland-Niles, Origi, Ighalo.

King is out of contract next June so Bournemouth aren't going to get the £13+ million they hoped for.  He would be a good signing both for this season & if we were to go down. Have any of you kept tabs on his form with the Cherries this season?

Craven Mad

Quote from: JimOG on November 16, 2020, 12:40:05 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on November 16, 2020, 12:22:12 PM

King is out of contract next June so Bournemouth aren't going to get the £13+ million they hoped for.  He would be a good signing both for this season & if we were to go down. Have any of you kept tabs on his form with the Cherries this season?

He's barely played (and when he has played he's not been great), but that might be because he's told them he won't extend his contract.