watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need a striker ASAP

Started by Favershampaul, November 11, 2020, 07:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favershampaul

Having just watched L Saha on FFC tv . It got me thinking and comparing the current side and the Tigana side. Both sides are passing sides and keeping possession . Tigana always played out from the back through midfield , we had a very dynamic striker in Saha and the tricky feet of Bazza with Boa
Rampaging down the wing . The technical players in midfield had an out ball over the pressing opposition for Saha to run onto. I'm now starting to think we should try and sign a striker that can do this with strength on pace . I still think Mitro has a place but maybe not as the starting centre forward I think he could have more impact at around 60 mins .  I think he's worked out early doors by prem defenders . I think as a sub coming in he could really upset things , now that brings us to the problem of finding a striker any ideas?  We currently are blessed with a technical midfield and an improving defence. We also have wingers with Lookman and D Reid's strictly feet , we need a slightly different
Philosophy not a drastic change and I think we would be more affective. Get a striker ASAP

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

A proven player in the Saha mould, will cost a lot of money. We need to take a risk on a player from the lower leagues. Find the new Vardy and we'll be laughing. There are some out there, just need to find them.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 11, 2020, 08:18:19 PM
A proven player in the Saha mould, will cost a lot of money. We need to take a risk on a player from the lower leagues. Find the new Vardy and we'll be laughing. There are some out there, just need to find them.

Every scout in the world is looking for that player and if an agent has one he is ringing everyone.

ALG01

when we got saha many people thought he would be a flop as he wasn't that good for newcastle and was tearing up the goals for metz.
I always liked him and thought it a good gamble.
you need to see potential... that is why experience is key, not the way we do things.

Bassey the warrior

We will have to hold on till Jan and hope someone steps up. Defence will be vital so we can nick some 1-0's. So far all new defensive signings doing well.

St Eve

Mitro is the striker and is very good. He just needs some help which we didn't get

Middlesexclub

When we got Boa my boss who had seen him at Arsenal said He wasn't up to much. He was stunned by the transformation under Tigana. Went from always missing goals to always doing the right thing. Similar with Barry and Rufus. They were coached to become better players.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Middlesexclub on November 12, 2020, 02:43:57 AM
When we got Boa my boss who had seen him at Arsenal said He wasn't up to much. He was stunned by the transformation under Tigana. Went from always missing goals to always doing the right thing. Similar with Barry and Rufus. They were coached to become better players.

There is a lack of players getting better at Fulham over time. Anguissa and Reed are two but the other players are few.

Jimmy Hill

I like Andre Gray from Watford. I think he would suit us.

Craven Mad

I think a right winger (starter) and a striker (competition for Mitro) are needed to balance our team.

I'd be pushing for Moussa Dembele (Lyon) on loan and Buendia (Norwich) in Jan.

gang

May be right, we had Geof Horsfield before Saha and there was a lot of questions when he was sold for an unproven Saha.

Tonywa

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 11, 2020, 10:30:24 PM

Every scout in the world is looking for that player and if an agent has one he is ringing everyone.

Brentford seem to have managed it regularly in the last few years. Maupay, Watkins and now Toney all picked up for comparatively low sums.

Jim©

Quote from: Tonywa on November 12, 2020, 10:56:13 AM

Brentford seem to have managed it regularly in the last few years. Maupay, Watkins and now Toney all picked up for comparatively low sums.

Toney was £10m so a big transfer for a championship club.
Watkins was a steal but even though I'd put him forward ahead of any interest from Brentford, I'd no idea he'd be going for £28m. Brentford are great at unearthing gems but they work on a system that many fulham fans hate- data scouting. I guess it proves it does work, depending on who's controlling it!

Think we're getting better at value- compared to Matty Cash, we got Adarabayio, Tete and Robinson with £4m left over.

Woolly Mammoth

Other clubs manage it, we need to get our finger out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Demarai Gray from Leicester; his contract is up in he summer and he has not played so far thid season.

Lookman Mitro Gray would be an exciting attack with pace, power and skills.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Jim© on November 12, 2020, 11:08:48 AM

Toney was £10m so a big transfer for a championship club.
Watkins was a steal but even though I'd put him forward ahead of any interest from Brentford, I'd no idea he'd be going for £28m. Brentford are great at unearthing gems but they work on a system that many fulham fans hate- data scouting. I guess it proves it does work, depending on who's controlling it!

Think we're getting better at value- compared to Matty Cash, we got Adarabayio, Tete and Robinson with £4m left over.

In fairness, there's more to their model then simply data scouting.

The truth of it is that every man and their dog will use data in some form or another in scouting these days. Even more so now with the various restrictions the pandemic has brought about. The difference/art of it comes down to how you're using that data.

TK has often come across as obstinate in his unwillingness (or at least perceived unwillingness) to change or share his methodology in using data. In my view that's why we are doing so badly when it comes to using data to find players.

Ronnief

Only 13 more matches to play before the close of the January window. So our new striker will come in on the 1st February!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Its a shame that data analysis plays such a big part in signing players nowadays. Whats wrong with watching a player a few times and using gut instinct and experience. If you get it wrong, its easier for people to forgive. But using football manager type scouting system, clearly doesn't work. I'm sure there are enough football fans out there, that could go and watch Havering Town vs Bognor Regis (as an example. Dont know if that's an actual fixture) and report back to the club "Havering Towns number 10 John Doe needs to be watched a few more times".

alfie

In the last FST report didn't it say that Parker was happy with his strike force.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nick Bateman

Mario Manzukic is free!

BTW, I did tell everyone we should have got Joe Hart - best English goalkeeper in the country!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"