watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

your team against Everton...

Started by WhiteJC, November 17, 2020, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

I've added 4-2-3-1 formation to the selections...

who will be in your line-up?
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/teamSelect2021-start.html

Slaphead in Qatar

Team against Everton I think you mean ?

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

rebel

Craven Mad

I am starting to wonder whether Mitro should be a guaranteed starter...

For now I agree with your team, WhiteJC, but I am starting to question how much longer we can persist with an ineffective strike force...

I even wonder whether a team more like below, with 2 high players (in BDR/Lookman) supported by high RAM/LAM (in RLC/Cairney) with overlapping fullbacks (in Aina/Robinson) would be more potent right now? As before, I would go for your team WhiteJC, but just wondering whether Mitro is slowing us down and not adding much threat right now...

Milo

I messed up the squad selector image thing.

I think same line up but Bryan on left (D Reid misses out) and Lookman on right.

Denver Fulham

Don't know if Scott will do it, but I could see us going back to something like we were at Wolves, with Bryan coming back into the side in a quasi-back 5. I guess it depends on how Lookman feels about playing on the right side and/or in a freer role as a supporting striker, but you could do something like...

Mitrovic  Lookman
                  Cairney
Bryan    Anguissa  Lemina      Aina
         Robinson  Andersen  Tosin

fcfulham55

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 17, 2020, 03:59:12 PM

For now I agree with your team, WhiteJC, but I am starting to question how much longer we can persist with an ineffective strike force...

I even wonder whether a team more like below, with 2 high players (in BDR/Lookman) supported by high RAM/LAM (in RLC/Cairney) with overlapping fullbacks (in Aina/Robinson) would be more potent right now? As before, I would go for your team WhiteJC, but just wondering whether Mitro is slowing us down and not adding much threat right now...

x2 on this lineup.... I'f we're losing with 10 minutes to go, throw Mitro on.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

RaySmith

We need the focal point of Mitro up front - Lookaman and Reid aren't  suitable replacements - Lookman   should play   coming into the box from midfield, and we know he can score, taking  defenders on and shooting on sight, while Reid can play off of Mitro, and can also  score.

Mitro is having a dry spell, but we still need him , battling away up front, laying the ball off, and  defending set pieces.
He will come good again, and I think  we will begin giving him better service, with our attacking players growing in confidence and  team understanding.

Cairney, in his new role, and increased confidence, will also help us score, and  with less reliance on Mitro.

Craven Mad

Quote from: RaySmith on November 17, 2020, 08:34:30 PM
We need the focal point of Mitro up front - Lookaman and Reid aren't  suitable replacements - Lookman   should play   coming into the box from midfield, and we know he can score, taking  defenders on and shooting on sight, while Reid can play off of Mitro, and can also  score.

Mitro is having a dry spell, but we still need him , battling away up front, laying the ball off, and  defending set pieces.
He will come good again, and I think  we will begin giving him better service, with our attacking players growing in confidence and  team understanding.

Cairney, in his new role, and increased confidence, will also help us score, and  with less reliance on Mitro.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, and certainly think Mitro remains our starter for now, but don't forget that we played well without him for a bit last season... He came back better after that time too - competition for spots, particularly with Mitro's character, can be a good thing...

ScalleysDad

Mitro was dropped on Sunday so if he is 'rested' again, tomorrow I think, then by Sunday I feel he will be sufficiently fired up. That said he is on the bench for me and we start 4.4.2 . Craven Mad almost has it but I fear Cairney will be lost out wide so unless Lemina does a swap I would drop the so far unimpressive RLC, move the midfield along one slot and start with Bryan. Mitro and RLC coming off the bench are slightly better options than we have had for a while.

mrmicawbers

I agree with your choice.

Bassey the warrior

Not sure why everyone's calling for Reed to be dropped, he played well defensively against West Ham. Everton are even more dangerous and thus his defensive nous will be vital. I would keep the same team as last game, we deserved a point.

RaySmith

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 17, 2020, 10:35:47 PM
Not sure why everyone's calling for Reed to be dropped, he played well defensively against West Ham. Everton are even more dangerous and thus his defensive nous will be vital. I would keep the same team as last game, we deserved a point.

Reed was many fans' man of the match. - he  was everywhere across the  back, and played a big part in what was so nearly a clean sheet.
But i suppose Lemina offers more going forward.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: RaySmith on November 17, 2020, 10:48:11 PM

Reed was many fans' man of the match. - he  was everywhere across the  back, and played a big part in what was so nearly a clean sheet.

Karamba! I completely forgot about Harrison Reed even though like many I thought he has had some top drawer performances lately. Right let's reset the midfield........ eeny meeny miney...........

Bassey the warrior

It doesn't make much sense to me.

rebel

I like the look of that selection. A lot of pace and power in that selection.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 17, 2020, 11:02:41 PM

It doesn't make much sense to me.

I think a lot of people have suggested using Harrison as a 60 min sub to shut-out a game, but not start with him.

Whilst he was v good last game, he offers little going forward. Lemina starting gives us a better chance of scoring, which is something we are going to need to start doing more often!