https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leicester, Liverpool & Man C - 4 points

Started by 70sPimlico, November 22, 2020, 11:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

We're going to bloody some noses.

The Rational Fan

Zero points and Zero Injuries is not a bad result.

davew

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 23, 2020, 05:25:54 AM
+ 1 and also not losing by more than 3 goals in each game.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFC In Oz

So that will be 12 games with 4 points.

I can guarantee that we'll be in the bottom 3 by then, probably holding up the table.

People saying there are 3 worse teams than us are failing to take in to account the difficulty of the fixtures.  We've had the easiest run by some distance, and should have at least 8 points banked.

Slaphead in Qatar

Nul pwan from these 3 games I am afraid to say. Our defence against Vardy, Mane, fit again Aguero  :012:

MikeTheCubed

Woolly Mammoth

Well I understand the fear that many of you have for our next 3 matches, but what about the matches after, are they going to be any easier, what makes you think they are. Many a match is lost in the tunnel before a match because of fear and having too much respect for opponents.
Well I say forget that milky pussy cat attitude and man up.
Let's make them respect Fulham, cometh the hour cometh the man. We need to get in their faces, we cannot go toe to toe in the normal sense because we will never out pass them. Do not forget there is more than one
way to win a football match. The first 90 + mins are the most important. If we have to we win ugly like scavengers, we make them march to the beat of our drum, we force them to play to our tempo. There are only 11 of them like us. They have two arms two legs and a head like us.
The players can lay down and surrender like many of you have already done before a ball is kicked, and shame on you, I expect when you visit the Cottage for a live match you sit there all quiet like frightened sheep, no verbal support, no wonder the Cottage can be as quiet as a library. No wonder other supporters call us hoorah Henries and Nigel's and a dam sight worse, afraid of your own shadows. Start growing a pair, because if the players follow your examples then we are doomed.
No Surrender, Not One Step Back should be the call. Not hiding behind the sofa until it is all over, and then come on here all brazen and bullish and slag the manager and players off when you have already accepted defeat long before the match. It's at times like this that you find out who will stand shoulder to shoulder and either go down fighting with glorious defeat, or every playing winning his own battle and putting the big time Charlie's to the sword with an heroic victory, it has been done before and it can be done again. It is not the man in the fight, it is the fight in the man.
So I don't want to hear how many we may lose by, and neither do the manager and the players. So start behaving like Lions or even Mammoths not Rabbits in headlights.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 23, 2020, 05:25:54 AM

Plus one......... a daunting prospect indeed, however I do admire how the team has not fallen apart as yet.
Some of the football we play is delightful, however, one miscontrolled ball in midfield and Premiership class comes into play immediately.
We only get to that standard by keep investing in sheer quality.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

St Eve

Let's start with a win at Leceister and take it from there

Whitesideup

Ship Mammoth in for the pre-match team talk I say. Let's go for it, tusks first. COYW !!!

FFC1987

Quote from: FFC In Oz on November 23, 2020, 08:22:19 AM
So that will be 12 games with 4 points.

I can guarantee that we'll be in the bottom 3 by then, probably holding up the table.

People saying there are 3 worse teams than us are failing to take in to account the difficulty of the fixtures.  We've had the easiest run by some distance, and should have at least 8 points banked.

This. Been saying for weeks now how important Westham was in terms of points based on following 4 fixtures. Come Xmas, its not going to be a pretty picture.

hongkongfulham

SP

The reason why we're not football managers?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 23, 2020, 12:50:27 PM
Well I understand the fear that many of you have for our next 3 matches, but what about the matches after, are they going to be any easier, what makes you think they are. Many a match is lost in the tunnel before a match because of fear and having too much respect for opponents.
Well I say forget that milky pussy cat attitude and man up.
Let's make them respect Fulham, cometh the hour cometh the man. We need to get in their faces, we cannot go toe to toe in the normal sense because we will never out pass them. Do not forget there is more than one
way to win a football match. The first 90 + mins are the most important. If we have to we win ugly like scavengers, we make them march to the beat of our drum, we force them to play to our tempo. There are only 11 of them like us. They have two arms two legs and a head like us.
The players can lay down and surrender like many of you have already done before a ball is kicked, and shame on you, I expect when you visit the Cottage for a live match you sit there all quiet like frightened sheep, no verbal support, no wonder the Cottage can be as quiet as a library. No wonder other supporters call us hoorah Henries and Nigel's and a dam sight worse, afraid of your own shadows. Start growing a pair, because if the players follow your examples then we are doomed.
No Surrender, Not One Step Back should be the call. Not hiding behind the sofa until it is all over, and then come on here all brazen and bullish and slag the manager and players off when you have already accepted defeat long before the match. It's at times like this that you find out who will stand shoulder to shoulder and either go down fighting with glorious defeat, or every playing winning his own battle and putting the big time Charlie's to the sword with an heroic victory, it has been done before and it can be done again. It is not the man in the fight, it is the fight in the man.
So I don't want to hear how many we may lose by, and neither do the manager and the players. So start behaving like Lions or even Mammoths not Rabbits in headlights.

Well done Woolly
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bod

GReat performance against Leicester- bring on City!

Twig

Quote from: 70sPimlico on November 22, 2020, 11:48:51 PM
4 points

We're going to bloody some noses.

That's 3 of them and tbh I'd take 1 more from Man City or Liverpool. I'd regard 4 pts as a very decent return from those three games.

davew

Quote from: St Eve on November 23, 2020, 01:28:33 PM
Let's start with a win at Leceister and take it from there
Well at least you got it right, your predictions for the next 2 matches please?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

Great to see a poster going out on a (very shaky) limb, and the team backing him up with a great cohesive display.

Not sure where the additional point will come from, Citeh I would imagine, as I cannot see us getting much against the reds, then again, remember the 11/12 season and the double! So where's there hope, there's an upset in the making.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.