watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Penalties

Started by bog, November 23, 2020, 10:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Hearing Danny Murphy say how the run up for our last missed penalty was all wrong I wonder if we do actually practice these? As Danny was one of our best ever takers he should know.

I also enjoyed the halftime spotlight on his time at Fulham. Good to hear how much he enjoyed his time with us.   :54:

092.gif 

bill taylors apprentice

I'm constantly amazed how professional footballers make penalties such hard work.

There are areas of the goal a keeper cannot physically reach if the balls hit hard enough assuming the keeper doesn't move early.

And a pro should be able to put the ball in these areas 99.9% of the time.

Simple!

filham

The terrible thing about our last three penalties is that none of them really need any effort from the keeper.

What next is the question.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 23, 2020, 12:17:25 PM
The terrible thing about our last three penalties is that none of them really need any effort from the keeper.

What next is the question.

What next you ask ...
May I suggest Public floggings for all who miss a penalty, because in the absence of any known cure for missing a penalty in the civilised world to date, there is no other alternative.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes good to hear Danny Murphy talk affectionately about his time at Fulham.
Begs the question, why was Danny never offered the Fulham managers job.

bog

Quote from: filham on November 23, 2020, 12:27:11 PM

Exactly. Jol outed him to Blackburn. Why he was not asked to take up a coaching post? Perhaps he didn't see eye to eye with Jol. Obviously a deep thinker on the game.   :54:

092.gif

alfie

Quote from: bog on November 23, 2020, 01:17:06 PM

Exactly. Jol outed him to Blackburn. Why he was not asked to take up a coaching post? Perhaps he didn't see eye to eye with Jol. Obviously a deep thinker on the game.   :54:

092.gif
I thought it was a case of him wanting a longer contract than what they were offering, no idea if that is factual or just something I heard.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

What exactly is his managerial credentials? As far as I know even Symons and Parker had some sort of coaching experience and many still think they should never have been appointed. Just because he was a good player and has the ability to speak coherently doesn't make him a good manager. He played his last game was it 6 or 7 years ago and has since coached/managed zero games as far as I know. Maybe he just doesn't have the required desire to put in all the hard work it takes, because surely otherwise he would have been appointed by someone years ago?