watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lookman should have stepped up and taken the pen yesterday

Started by Dixie, November 23, 2020, 10:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

I'm amazed that he didn't - couldn't ask for a better opportunity to exorcise the demons from the Wet Spam game and redeem himself!
This is someone who is paid £60k a week to play football, he should be demanding the chance to prove that he's worth it.

It's a shame, because other than the very good assist for RLC's goal, he wasn't involved nearly enough, I hope his confidence hasn't gone
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Southcoastffc

I thought that, especially in the first half, he looked short of confidence. I may be wrong but don't think he took anyone on in the first 45 minutes,  very different from his previous games for us.  His part in our 2and goal was much more his normal self. I wasn't at all surprised that he didn't take the penalty.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WokingFFC

Parker said that they had worked on Pens during the International break and Cav was nominated as the Pen taker. Wonder if that was the reason he stayed on despite having a relatively ineffective game?

bill taylors apprentice

Its been said that they worked on penalties during the week and Cav was the choice

Personally I would never give it to a flaky and unreliable player who you then expect to be a cool and calculated player when the pressures on!

This proves that banging the pens in in training has no relevance to do it in a game.

filham

Quote from: WokingFFC on November 23, 2020, 11:38:53 AM
Parker said that they had worked on Pens during the International break and Cav was nominated as the Pen taker. Wonder if that was the reason he stayed on despite having a relatively ineffective game?
Of course, why else would Cav. had been in the team, certainly not because of recent performances.

Lookman, Mitro, Cav., Kamara, Cairney, all attacking players who have failed at penalties for us, time to try defenders I think.

KJS

Give Frank or RLC a go if they hit a ball it stays hit⚽

jayffc

Quote from: KJS on November 23, 2020, 12:58:58 PM
Give Frank or RLC a go if they hit a ball it stays hit⚽

Would sooner RLC than frank... frank has scored like 3 goals in his club career hasn't he?

sarnian

Lookman was NEVER going to take a penalty yesterday. If he had and it was saved against his old team he would have been crucified on here.

jarv

Bring back Jim Langley. Never missed.  (if he is still alive.)

sarnian

Maybe we should sign Matt Le Tissier. Sit him on the bench until we get a penalty and resubstitute  him after he has scored. 

ALG01

Lookman or mitro should have taken it unless TC fancied a go. Cav is a third rate player and I would have taken any bet from anyone saying he would score. Parker loves him but he is 100% way below the required standard. I din't like him from the begining, he scored a couple of nice goals cutting in but once the championshoip rumbbled him he dried up..this is a higher stanard and he looks way out of his depth.

hongkongfulham

Was really hoping Mitro would take charge but even during the spot kick being taken he was no where near the box. Would love for him to get his mojo back

Twig

I think it was a chance for redemption Lookman. He didn't contribute enough during the game and at least scoring the pen would have made up for his pathetic panenka.

F(f)CUK

Can we sign Jonathan Van Tam's covid vaccines group to take penalties. According to him the Oxford vaccine means that we have scored the first three penalties in a shoot-out.

Statto

Only at Fulham could we have a player kept on the pitch just in case we get a penalty and then when we get one he slips and falls on his arse and puts it into row Z

filham

Quote from: jarv on November 23, 2020, 02:16:23 PM

Seem to recall him missing a penalty for England, please correct me if I am wrong.

Only Me

Sorry to say Dear old Jim is no longer with us

RoyTund

Getting further away from the regular penalty takers is madness. Only going to increase the chances of missing. Mitro has been our regular pen taker. Parker should be telling him you are taking them. And I bet you once he's scored in a game he will be stepping straight back up anyway

Milo

Mitro should be taking no discussions. Why is he hiding? Must be confidence but I really didn't expect that from him because he's normally so boisterous on the pitch..

SouthIslandWhite

There should be 3 penalty takers, no more and they all need to be ready each week. If we are awarded a pen, you go first to #1, if he can't go then it's onto #2.  If that player isn't available then it's off to #3. It's simple but best of all: It's a plan. If you fail, oh well, you had a plan and there's no confusion or arguments about who ought to be taking which penalty. Plans are all about preparation and that calms everyone down. Right now as far as penalties go, there appears to be no plan.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.