watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£60m to convert the loans to permanent?

Started by We Are Premier League, December 02, 2020, 10:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

How much do we think it would cost to buy the loan players if we stay up? all of next years budget? £60m?

Areola          £10m               option to buy
Aina             £10m               option to buy
Andersen      £20m?             no option
Lemina         £5m                 option to buy
Lookman      £15m?              no option
RLC             Given his salary, i wont even consider him...

fulhamben

Areola surely out of or price range due to wages. And no way would we get lookman and Anderson for that low. Didn't they just buy Anderson for 30. I think that by getting no option on them, we have missed the boat
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

3-lions

I would think Areola would be available, option or not on a free due to his high salary. £350 thousand a week. Thats what CL sides pay for GK's so its too much for us, especially on a longer term commitment.
Read the option for Aina is £12m, they got him for £10m. At this moment he isn't worth that price.
Anderson no option, but I think if at the end of the season and all went well we stay up and he wanted to stay here. A deal would be struck for him to remain, most likely another Loan.
Leminas is option is £10m, so far he hasn't proved himself. Fitness an issue?
Lookman is playing like a £20m+ player and we have no option.
RLC high wages and likely high transfer fee. Not proved worth it yet.

The key factor is this summer Tony showed he was capable of signing players on the low. (Tete, Tosin and Robinson for £2mish each!!!Players like Reid and Cavs who cost £10m and £15mish now seem relative bargains for Attacking players.  Covid will change the market rate for players as will Brexit.

Think this signals the end of £20m+ signings for FFC and Tony will attempt to source these bargains again.

Tabby

£350k per week? That would put him in the top 10 of best paid footballers in the world.

3-lions

Quote from: Tabby on December 02, 2020, 11:41:07 AM
£350k per week? That would put him in the top 10 of best paid footballers in the world.

Sorry its not £350k was thinking De Gea , but a more modest £139k. As per new contract signed in 2019 till 2023.

fulhamben

Quote from: 3-lions on December 02, 2020, 11:48:36 AM

Sorry its not £350k was thinking De Gea , but a more modest £139k. As per new contract signed in 2019 till 2023.
id say even that is well out of our range.

Jim©

I doubt he's on anywhere near half that. Why do people love to inflate wages so much?

fulhamben

Quote from: Jim© on December 02, 2020, 11:52:05 AM

I doubt he's on anywhere near half that. Why do people love to inflate wages so much?

he was signed as PSG back up keeper and went to Madrid last season. Yes he will be on that

3-lions

After Tabby queried my numbers I checked and the figure I got was mentioned a number of times this summer. So if you got a beef it is with L'Équipe and PSG. Doesn't mean Fulham are paying 100% his wages though. But if he were to join permanently as per the topic. Then Areola woul not likely take a pay cut would he?
Ben I don't think what you've said is totally true. Areola was already at PSG and a legit L1 winner. But when PGS got taken over by Qatar and others including Baffon joined PSG, he became backup. Aerola must have signed a new improved contract before he went to Real on loan.

Lordedmundo

If we had a budget of £60m, then we should try and sign Lookman (£25m?) and Andersen (£30m?) as an absolute priority.  Obviously Areola would be a great signing as well if we could afford him. 

I'm less bothered about the others - certainly I don't think we could afford RLC's fee or wages and Aina is not worth £10m given he is back-up once Tete is fit.

fulhamben

Quote from: 3-lions on December 02, 2020, 11:59:21 AM
After Tabby queried my numbers I checked and the figure I got was mentioned a number of times this summer. So if you got a beef it is with L'Équipe and PSG. Doesn't mean Fulham are paying 100% his wages though. But if he were to join permanently as per the topic. Then Areola woul not likely take a pay cut would he?
if he were out of contract he might drop, but he won't drop whilst he still has a couple of years left. He would stay and just get loaned out again

Bronaldinho

I remember reading it was an option for Areola around 10m euros, so about 8m. Aina was 8m euros too.

Lemina was 6m option - I wouldn't exercise that.

I think Andersen would be ideal but agree with what others have said he's gonna be pricey and he werent for sale at the start of the window. It was the fact we gave them 2m euros for the loan and pay his wages that Lyon changed their mind last minute.

I think we don't have to take them all permanently if we survive.

It will be easier to attract other players. Would like to keep the back 4 for another year or permanently if possible more than most.

Lookman has been bright and rare to have someone so direct and good with the ball, but he will be pricey.

If it meant we could bring them him for another year, we could look to strengthen elsewhere and move others on.

Time will tell.

Areola wants to be in London though - so I wouldn't rule out a permanent sale. His wife has wanted London lifestyle for a while and was a big factor in the move. He's bought a place in London already.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Fulham 442

Quote from: Bronaldinho on December 02, 2020, 12:13:00 PM
I remember reading it was an option for Areola around 10m euros, so about 8m. Aina was 8m euros too.

I think Andersen would be ideal but agree with what others have said he's gonna be pricey and he werent for sale at the start of the window. It was the fact we gave them 2m euros for the loan and pay his wages that Lyon changed their mind last minute.

It will be easier to attract other players. Would like to keep the back 4 for another year or permanently if possible more than most.

Lookman has been bright and rare to have someone so direct and good with the ball, but he will be pricey.

If it meant we could bring them him for another year, we could look to strengthen elsewhere and move others on.

Time will tell.

Areola wants to be in London though - so I wouldn't rule out a permanent sale. His wife has wanted London lifestyle for a while and was a big factor in the move. He's bought a place in London already.
Although survival is our only real priority this season, and I would be happy with 17th like most Fulham fans, but I don't know how easy it would be to attract players if they knew they were due to face another relegation scrap.  I also think it is a pity that we don't have an option with Andersen or Lookman, especially Andersen, who has been great next to Tosin.  That means we will be casting about for another CB pairing next season...

filham

I will enjoy watching Fulham a lot more if I keep those wage figures out of my mind.

Jim©

Quote from: 3-lions on December 02, 2020, 11:59:21 AM
Ben I don't think what you've said is totally true. Areola was already at PSG and a legit L1 winner. But when PGS got taken over by Qatar and others including Baffon joined PSG, he became backup. Aerola must have signed a new improved contract before he went to Real on loan.

I just wonder where the internet gets/makes this stuff up from???
I searched out of interest and saw that Sergio Rico supposedly earns £282,000 a week according to one. As a second keeper (much like Areola)???!!!
Having known what a few players earn and what people think they earn is just a million miles apart. One of the posters on here, friends with Alfie Mawson's family, said very much the same yesterday.
It seems that the most important thing to the guy is to play weekly as per his interview the other day so I think he would move if we stay up. Big IF i know!

3-lions

https://talksport.com/football/490612/31-highest-earning-players-ligue-1-neymar-kylian-mbappe-memphis-depay/

has PSG paying high wages to their players (in 2019... So while Rico getting absolutely top whack might not be true. It is true Rico just signed a new deal with PSG after getting them to the CL final.. So for Oil rich owners who rate him higher than Alphonse maybe?? just maybe?

Notice that I saw this article which lists Aerola as earning £153k. But I went with a lower figure £139k as listed elsewhere. The lowest number I saw was £120k. All in pounds£ not the € no doubt his actual contract is paid in? Naturally these figures will be massaged, but normally take the max contractual numbers and print them as the headline figure. Will they win the league title? Win bonus, Clean sheet bonus. The base figure is always going to be lower and in most cases a lot lower. But back to Rico, remembering he plays for a side that wins most weeks and wins most titles. Think his contract numbers will pay out a higher ceiling than say Mawson who loses most games and doesn't get as many clean sheet bonuses. Rico would I imagine have a clause to say 'a spot on the bench equates to being part of a win'

Alphonse, Rodak or Rico. All 3 PL keepers for Fulham; Who would you say is better? Fabri and Betts clearly not to be considered?

Bronaldinho

Quote from: 3-lions on December 02, 2020, 01:06:13 PM
https://talksport.com/football/490612/31-highest-earning-players-ligue-1-neymar-kylian-mbappe-memphis-depay/

has PSG paying high wages to their players (in 2019... So while Rico getting absolutely top whack might not be true. It is true Rico just signed a new deal with PSG after getting them to the CL final.. So for Oil rich owners who rate him higher than Alphonse maybe?? just maybe?

Notice that I saw this article which lists Aerola as earning £153k. But I went with a lower figure £139k as listed elsewhere. The lowest number I saw was £120k. All in pounds£ not the € no doubt his actual contract is paid in? Naturally these figures will be massaged, but normally take the max contractual numbers and print them as the headline figure. Will they win the league title? Win bonus, Clean sheet bonus. The base figure is always going to be lower and in most cases a lot lower. But back to Rico, remembering he plays for a side that wins most weeks and wins most titles. Think his contract numbers will pay out a higher ceiling than say Mawson who loses most games and doesn't get as many clean sheet bonuses. Rico would I imagine have a clause to say 'a spot on the bench equates to being part of a win'

Alphonse, Rodak or Rico. All 3 PL keepers for Fulham; Who would you say is better? Fabri and Betts clearly not to be considered?

Areola number 1
Rodak has number 2.

But, I don't see Rodak staying around if we signed Areola permanent.

Expect us to release Fabri or grant a free transfer soon.

Betts will go in the summer for a few million.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 02, 2020, 12:30:31 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on December 02, 2020, 12:13:00 PM

Time will tell.

Although survival is our only real priority this season, and I would be happy with 17th like most Fulham fans, but I don't know how easy it would be to attract players if they knew they were due to face another relegation scrap.  I also think it is a pity that we don't have an option with Andersen or Lookman, especially Andersen, who has been great next to Tosin.  That means we will be casting about for another CB pairing next season...

I would look at the quality that Villa have managed to attract this season following their 17th finish.

Brighton too.

Sheffield United managed to allure Brewster against a high amount of interest too.
@ABronsSmith

Statto

I largely agree with the OP's numbers. Let's not forget we were able to loan these players because they had disappointed at their parent clubs. So even if they were £30m players a year or two ago, there's a good chance we can get them for less. And we've already agreed terms for three of them anyway. So £60m-£70m for everyone except RLC sounds about right to me.

MrFFC

If I could pick any loan player to sign if we survive it would be Lookman for me.
If we had a say 80m budget & he was 30/40m of it I still think that's a good deal
Come on you Whites!! :)