watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Need 28 pts from 28 games to stay up

Started by humussapiens, December 04, 2020, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b+w geezer

I agree that 28 more is likely to suffice.
Two more wins this calendar year and a slightly better second half of the season would do it.
Bank a win or two earlier than that, including a surprise result maybe, and it even starts to seem quite likely.
We seem now to have the ingredients, so reason to be hopeful.

WestSussexWhite

Let's not forget that traditionally we have always been better the 2nd half of the season. Going back to Hodgson, Hughes, Coleman days, we were always traditionally better after Christmas

MayoDomo

We have a lot of hard games before the first half of the season ends, but also Brighton, Burnley, and Newcastle, all of which are extremely winnable!
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

cottage expat

On present form and unless we really screw up, I can't see us ending up below 17th. Probably, 35 points will see us safe.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 04, 2020, 07:06:26 PM
Let's not forget that traditionally we have always been better the 2nd half of the season. Going back to Hodgson, Hughes, Coleman days, we were always traditionally better after Christmas

The Anderson and Tosin partnership will be better in the 2nd half of the season, and RLC cohesion in the team will be better.

rebel

We are playing 'catch up', blown quite a few opportunities to get points on the board, but very doable.

SuffolkWhite

We have to chip away at it. Each game is a Cup Final and therefore one game at a time. As long as our destiny is in our hands come the last game of the season. This team is improving and will get better.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SP

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 05, 2020, 08:34:44 AM
We have to chip away at it. Each game is a Cup Final and therefore one game at a time. As long as our destiny is in our hands come the last game of the season. This team is improving and will get better.

A good summary SW, before the season I'd have been pleased with our current position (despite the potential points we've dropped).

toshes mate

The one point per game (PPG) paradigm seasonal team average seems to work as a caveat for survival in the PL. However, it assumes many things that may be beyond assumption mathematically or statistically, and the one thing that the league table truly is, is dynamic meaning everything within it changes after the completion of a single game even when positions are not seen to change.  For example a defeat for a team means one less game in which to hit their target points total (unless they are aiming at zero success) and an increase in their required PPG.  For the winning side the PPG necessary to hit their target decreases (unless they are aiming at 100% success) and so the equations covering the remains of the season changes not just for them but for all those around them.  That pressure creates issues for any team lacking confidence or for any team that was over-confident but favours any team that can keep a cool head. 

This afternoon's game will be one of many where we will be heavily fancied to be losers on the day, but it is just another game to key into Parker's PPG record just as the Leicester game was and all before were.  We need to keep gathering points where we can and however we can with Parker keeping his teams cool, organised, efficient and hard to beat. 

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on December 04, 2020, 04:56:25 PM
I am a Negative Nelly for the most part if I am being honest. In my view we will need to be in the 33-35+ range to be safe. No question for me. We just haven't done enough yet to give me confidence that a sub 30 number of points could provide us safety. Sorry.
I agree with your 33-35 points target. This season I feel the 40+ target is far too high.
Time will tell... keep playing like we did against Leicester then we give ourselves a chance imo.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"