watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Need 28 pts from 28 games to stay up

Started by humussapiens, December 04, 2020, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humussapiens

You think it's realistic? A point per game?

Cardiff was relegated with 34 pts in season 2018/19, Bournemouth and Watford also with 34 pts in 2019/20.

Could 35 pts bar be lower this year?

d5

We've managed more than a point per game over the past 6 games, and should probably have picked up a couple more.

humussapiens

karldutton

It most likely will be less by the looks of some teams below us. I think this season might be a bit different. The teams below Fulham should always have a margine of 6 points minimun, that'll help Fulham keep pushing. Also hope teams on top will lose points or commit mistakes.

MJG

Quote from: humussapiens on December 04, 2020, 01:04:08 PM
Yea, but without playing Big 6.

And thats the key.

We have played 10 games and only 1 against the big six.

28 games left and 11 against them.

What do we expect from big six (we got nothing last time).....lets say 4, no 5 points.  Thats leave 23 from 17, Burnley away forget it, 23 from 16.

We would need to do this from those 16
7-2-7
6-5-5
5-8-3
4-11-1

Just the views of a long term fan

St Eve

The so called experts said Leicester would thump us. They didn't. The same experts say City will win 4 or 5 nothing. Let's prove them wrong and our task would be a little easier.

Denzil Dexter

Leicester are as good as the 'BIG 6'

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

filham

40 points is the target to ensure safety, that looks like a near impossible task but we are slowly getting things together and a change of form with a few good results can result in a whole different outlook.

Parker is dedicated, there is talent in the team and if Mitro and Loftus cheek could hit their best form we could start to get those wins on the board.

There is still hope.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JEEVES

We need more points than 3 teams. So far we're on track for that. That's the only way I'm going to look at it.

Statto

In 10 games so far we've played
- 4 of last season's top 10
- 5 of the current top 10
- 4 of this season's projected end of season top 10

Our start has been on the easy side but nowhere near enough to justify some of the pant-wetting on this thread. At the end of the day league position and reputation only count for so much anyway - as observed above, Burnley away will be a much harder game than Man Utd at home. We're averaging 1 pt a game at the moment and are still improving, so of course we can do it

COYW

perry geyton

It all comes down to injuries for me
If we stay fit it'll be a doddle

Other then our terrible start we are a solid mid table team NOW

sunburywhite

Dont forget Liverpool have a massive long injury list (9 players is it?)

Could be a good time to be playing them
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jim©

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 04, 2020, 04:31:01 PM
Dont forget Liverpool have a massive long injury list (9 players is it?)

Could be a good time to be playing them

Agreed but they still have £0.4b of players to chose from!!! Whilst Klopp wets himself about the world being unfair to him.

As above, I think we've been a bit on the unlucky side with results and could easily have 3 points more than we currently do.

SouthIslandWhite

I am a Negative Nelly for the most part if I am being honest. In my view we will need to be in the 33-35+ range to be safe. No question for me. We just haven't done enough yet to give me confidence that a sub 30 number of points could provide us safety. Sorry.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

SP

Quote from: JEEVES on December 04, 2020, 02:34:37 PM
We need more points than 3 teams. So far we're on track for that. That's the only way I'm going to look at it.

Not sure who's Burnley's game in hand is against but if they win that we'd drop into the bottom three.

JEEVES

Quote from: SP on December 04, 2020, 05:11:07 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on December 04, 2020, 02:34:37 PM

Not sure who's Burnley's game in hand is against but if they win that we'd drop into the bottom three.

Their game in hand is against Man U. I feel quite confident that we'll have more points than at least 3 teams come the end of the season. The 3 teams below us are all worse than us. I also believe we're yet to find our best form where as there will likely be a team of two above us who have over achieved so far and and will go on a bad run.

davew

Quote from: Statto on December 04, 2020, 03:42:26 PM
In 10 games so far we've played
- 4 of last season's top 10
- 5 of the current top 10
- 4 of this season's projected end of season top 10

Our start has been on the easy side but nowhere near enough to justify some of the pant-wetting on this thread. At the end of the day league position and reputation only count for so much anyway - as observed above, Burnley away will be a much harder game than Man Utd at home. We're averaging 1 pt a game at the moment and are still improving, so of course we can do it

COYW
Those stats then are about average based on the fact that we have to play 19 teams in total, it would be interesting to compare those stats with the other 3 teams at the bottom, Statto you are the man to do that! Not sure though where you get we are averaging 1 point a game, 7 points from 10 games??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

flyingfish

Quote from: MJG on December 04, 2020, 01:17:20 PM

And thats the key.

We have played 10 games and only 1 against the big six.

28 games left and 11 against them.

What do we expect from big six (we got nothing last time).....lets say 4, no 5 points.  Thats leave 23 from 17, Burnley away forget it, 23 from 16.

We would need to do this from those 16
7-2-7
6-5-5
5-8-3
4-11-1

3 teams below us who need to do better than us