more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives From the City Defeat

Started by filham, December 05, 2020, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 05, 2020, 11:45:36 PM
I know lot's about nothing - but I feel we missed a trick in not getting Welbeck for 2 bob & a mars bar
If TK wants PL football next season he's gonna have to act very quickly when the window opens.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

RaySmith

Quote from: rebel on December 05, 2020, 09:12:02 PM
Quote from: KJS on December 05, 2020, 07:58:20 PM
Quote from: St Eve on December 05, 2020, 07:51:14 PM
We do need attacking options but we left our proven striker on the bench.
Left out because he is over weight and out of form he needs to up his game

At times he looks 'disinterested', that may sound harsh. Maybe wants to experience Prem without the relegation fight. 

I think  Mitro was left out because Parker wants to play in a different style in  these away games against top sides, with  a defensive approach, and hitting teams on the  break, and thus wants a more mobile, pacier  strike force.

I think he is still important to us, and will feature  a lot in  future games.

Denzil Dexter

Unfortunately for us KDB was on fire. City a few weeks ago without him looked very beatable! 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

clarkey

We were not well beaten we were humiliated. We did not mount one meaningful attack in that game.Not one.It was a most un-Fulham like attempt at keeping the score down.

The team was set up to mitigate defeat not try to win.I love the way someone suggests our attack of BDR RLC and Cav was poor. Bobby played as a defender, unbelievable especially as we actually have some other defenders in the squad. RLC and Cav were completely ineffective.They seriously offered less than zero.

I agree Mitro is not the striker that a modern side might wish for all the time, but he can be effective. So play to Mitro's strengths as he is what we have, and we have been grateful to him for most of that time. Rather than RLC and Cav even Joe Bryan and Mitro would have offered more and he would have allowed BDR and others to get forward.We needed possession in their half, that is how to defend against City.

The worrying thing is that for the whole of the first 45 mins for some reason our coaching staff could not see that RLC was playing too far forward.Even Robbie Savage spotted it. We tried to hold City with nine men. Can you remember RLC or Cav putting two passes together at any time in that game ? We needed Cairney from the off.Parker's tactics were miserable. Not nearly right, almost 100% wrong.Anyone can park a bus.

The other point is that a good coach not only sets the team up well but gets the best out of his players, apart from our keeper which player was playing "his best " ? I suggest only Harrison Reid and the wonderful Anguissa looked in good form and played well.

The Old Count

I love it.
The title of this thread reads 'Positives from the City defeat'.
There follows a hail of negative comments about players, the team,  The manager and TK.

We played well and would have done better against most other teams. Our shape is so much better. We are starting to defend from the front with Cav and BDR doing well. We are noticibly improving every week. I reckon we'll stay up if this continues.

toshes mate

I'd love to believe there were positives in yesterday's game compared to Leicester game, but, frankly and in my opinion, there were none.  We were scrappy with distribution and lost shape far too often but it wasn't the fault of the central defenders Andersen and Tosin or midfield workers Reed and Anguissa but laziness from those around them.   It reminded me of last season's 'one step forward, two back regime' where lessons learnt were too soon forgotten.  Not back to the drawing board stuff but definitely needing some sharp words and/or team changes - no names they know who they are.  The only saving grace is the scoreline.