watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives From the City Defeat

Started by filham, December 05, 2020, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

No doubt that City are a vey good team and that we were well beaten today.

However there were positives to bring back from Manchester. Our keeper and two centre backs had very good games along with Reed and Anguissa in midfield. our defence is looking so much better than it earlier in the season
Our team is fighting well and Parker is getting his tactics right.

However Parker has to address the threat posed by our attacking players, Cav., Reed and Loftus Cheek were poor and were never a threat, we achieved one shot on target over the whole game, Perhaps it is time to recall Cairney, Mitro and Kamara.

WE need to spend big in Jauary on a new striker.

sarvenpa

We need to spend big money on a striker with alot of pace.

Mitrovic does not fit in Parkers system, he wants to play with a mobile striker and not old school target player.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on December 05, 2020, 05:16:05 PM

However there were positives to bring back from Manchester. Our keeper and two centre backs had very good games along with Reed and Anguissa in midfield. our defence is looking so much better than it earlier in the season

However Parker has to address the threat posed by our attacking players, Cav., Reed and Loftus Cheek were poor and were never a threat, we achieved one shot on target over the whole game, Perhaps it is time to recall Cairney, Mitro and Kamara.

Agree with everything except the idea that Harrison had a good game. Defensively solid imo...but his distribution needed to be better.

Our next 10 games are going to be tough...but I'm optimistic.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

jarv

I would end Loftus Cheek back to the bridge. Cav needs a good talking to, produce or bench until you go. I know that is not the title, but poitives.....the rest of the team in the 2nd half.

I have watched every game and think progress is being made..Fulham will get better as the season wears on.

Onward and upward. 049:gif

AnOldBrownie

Would anyone trade our side for Burnley, West Brom, Sheffield United or Brighton?

I wouldn't.

Enjoyed how we defended today.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

karldutton

The two goals where lucky ones really. In the first one Fulham defense just opened up too much in the middle and left Sterling running by himself. Than the second goal it was a bit of a give away from the ref, just like many other fouls the ref gave away during the 90 minutes. With a bit of more luck on our side and a brand new striker things should be way different.

rebel

I don't think we were well beaten, you could say for the most part, we beat ourselves. The defending was shocking for the first 25 minutes. The penalty was soft, a touch by Anderson and a dive by Sterling. Potential penalties with more contact hasn't been given.

City are a good side if you let them play. Just compare the number of goals their top scorer has scored against our top scorer. I was shocked how poor they actually are in front of goal.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought we held our own in the second half and the defending is more resilient. Going forward is our problem, but all In all it was v City on their patch, and the penalty given by the referee belonged in a circus, the standard of some referees is a pantomime. Not a level playing field, but we have to be mindful that we cannot dwell on today's gift to the opponents by another referee. Two salient points though, why do we start a match so poorly, sixes and sevens for 20 mins, and we need a decent striker with pace in the January window if we are to ensure we avoid the trap door.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LC

Agree with much on here.

Our attack is a problem and we need to strengthen to January. The question is who is available and is there a budget to bring them in

St Eve

We do need attacking options but we left our proven striker on the bench.

KJS

Quote from: St Eve on December 05, 2020, 07:51:14 PM
Left out because he is over weight and out of form he needs to up his game

St Eve

Quote from: KJS on December 05, 2020, 07:58:20 PM
Still better than Cav who is always out of form

Mullers OG

I thought Cavaleiro had a pretty decent game today. He had little service but worked hard with what he got. The problem up front though has been obvious all season. When Mitrovic is out of form, as now, or injured or suspended there's not much else. Two or three years ago we hoped Kamara would come through. He's gone backwards instead and should be offloaded ASAP to make room for a talented forward

rebel

Quote from: KJS on December 05, 2020, 07:58:20 PM

At times he looks 'disinterested', that may sound harsh. Maybe wants to experience Prem without the relegation fight. 

fcfulham55

Cav put in 100%. And with a bit more service I felt he could've done something, maybe even win a throw in, in their half.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Denzil Dexter

And as soon as the window opens.  Not TKs usual piss about until the last minute bs

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

ALG01

lots of positives today
and
lots of negatives too. i think it is covered above but OI am off to start my own thread in my own style.

filham

Quote from: LC on December 05, 2020, 07:32:03 PM
Agree with much on here.

Our attack is a problem and we need to strengthen to January. The question is who is available and is there a budget to bring them in
We need to sell Seri along with Cav and possibly Kamara to finance and make space for a top striker.

H4usuallysitting

I know lot's about nothing - but I feel we missed a trick in not getting Welbeck for 2 bob & a mars bar