more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else on here have a good feeling

Started by perry geyton, December 08, 2020, 10:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

If there is one word I hate when talking football is "REALISTIC"
When someone says we can do something but we must be "realistic" why? Why not be optimistic.
Before the Leicester game I was on Facebook and 4/5 people saying we must be realistic and face it we are not getting a result. I was and always will be OPTIMISTIC.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Our problems in attack are weighing on my mid, just can't see us scoring against Liverpool.

Perhaps a front three of Lookman, Mitro and Kamara could perform a smash and grab, but there I go dreaming again.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 09, 2020, 08:50:26 AM
No team no matter how good they be are not invincible.
Get tactics and mind set right for the day and who knows,Fulham fans are so pessimistic at times it must work it's way through to the players..Have a bit more faith,or at least hope.
There a little club Cadiz just been promoted to Spanish top league this season,a month ago they stuffed Real Madrid and did the same to Barcelona last week.
Nobody are unbeatable....Coyw.
Ummm, that means they ARE invincible.   :016:  I fear a thumping, despite Liverpool's injuries and (according to Klopp) punishing fixture schedule. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rebel on December 09, 2020, 10:00:36 AM
I've gone for a 8th or higher finish so yes, all things are possible in football, the big thing to drive momentum are 'performances' (to a high level).

Liverpool are very open these days, if teams are brave enough to attack, then the possibilities of upsets exists, they've conceded quite a few goals.

The players need to be like tigers, don't let up on the pressing.

You think we will finish 8th or higher?

terryr

After what they did to Wolves last weekend?
No

fulhamfever

Everyone talks about them against Wolves @ Anfield with their fans in the stadium. Nobody talks about their dodgy display away at Brighton FFS. Have some faith! I do I think we will have a good game against them. Defensively they are pants just need exploiting.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: alfie on December 09, 2020, 10:06:09 AM
If there is one word I hate when talking football is "REALISTIC". When someone says we can do something but we must be "realistic" why? Why not be optimistic. Before the Leicester game I was on Facebook and 4/5 people saying we must be realistic and face it we are not getting a result. I was and always will be OPTIMISTIC.

Why must we be realistic? Because the "Stockdale Paradox" states that when in the prison (or being a YO-YO Club) that most optimistic people lose hope when achieving a goal takes longer than expected (such as moving from a YO-YO club to becoming a Premier League club), and realistic people know it will take many years to achieve the objective.

alfie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 09, 2020, 12:09:23 PM
If there is one word I hate when talking football is "REALISTIC". When someone says we can do something but we must be "realistic" why? Why not be optimistic. Before the Leicester game I was on Facebook and 4/5 people saying we must be realistic and face it we are not getting a result. I was and always will be OPTIMISTIC.

Why must we be realistic? Because the "Stockdale Paradox" states that when in the prison (or being a YO-YO Club) that most optimistic people lose hope when achieving a goal takes longer than expected (such as moving from a YO-YO club to becoming a Premier League club), and realistic people know it will take many years to achieve the objective.
Fine, but when it's used in football terms, it is always used in the negative, creating a defeatist attitude I still prefer to be optimistic.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ALG01

Quote from: alfie on December 09, 2020, 12:47:26 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 09, 2020, 12:09:23 PM

I agree. I always like to believe we will win the next game. If you do not have that attitude in sport you set yourself up to fail.
Whether gettinga result is likely or not based on what has gone before has to be put to one side because oit is 0 0 and 11 V 11 when we kick off and if we play to our best we can win.
Fine, but when it's used in football terms, it is always used in the negative, creating a defeatist attitude I still prefer to be optimistic.

perry geyton

I guess I'm the only one then along with a few half hopefuls
In front of Fans in the ground for the Time in a year,,,,

Liverpool are get at able in my opinion and I remain positive about this fixture

Let's wipe that annoying smirk off of Klopps face

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: perry geyton on December 08, 2020, 10:02:30 PM
About the Liverpool game ?

I don't wanna jinx us or nothing but I just have a feeling we will show up big time, I don't think it'll be anything like that drab affair at Man City last weekend

I do. We will probably win.

perry geyton

Quote from: fulhamfever on December 09, 2020, 11:29:23 AM
Everyone talks about them against Wolves @ Anfield with their fans in the stadium. Nobody talks about their dodgy display away at Brighton FFS. Have some faith! I do I think we will have a good game against them. Defensively they are pants just need exploiting.
Well said that man !!!

perry geyton

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on December 09, 2020, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on December 08, 2020, 10:02:30 PM
About the Liverpool game ?

I don't wanna jinx us or nothing but I just have a feeling we will show up big time, I don't think it'll be anything like that drab affair at Man City last weekend

I do. We will probably win.

Attaboy !!!!

WindyCity

Let's just hope the players have a good feeling about the game, and go in prepared and confident, just as they did v Leicester.  Have a good game plan and stick to it. 

SouthIslandWhite

As long as we start Alphonse Areola, we will be alright. I think losing 2-0 at City was yet another example of us playing really well lately. Just put in a good shift boys, COYW!
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

perry geyton

I forecast we will have a proper go at them

Denzil Dexter

I'll be surprised if the bookies dont have Liverpool odds on to get a penalty ! 

Bocanegra

I will up until kick off and see Mane / Salah running full pelt at our defence. Really just want us to not concede early. As soon as we do it's instantly game over with us.

fulhamfever

Also didn't Wolves get thumped by West Ham United 4-1? Wolves are not a reputable example of losing big.