watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A little worried

Started by Peabody, December 16, 2020, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

It's football, during a crazy year.  Anything can happen.

No point in worrying.   It's not even the middle of the season yet.
082.gif

Radiowhite

Quote from: WindyCity on December 16, 2020, 04:43:29 PM
Being a bit worried totally natural.  Big game.

This is where SP metal is tested.  Needs to keep the boys focused AND hungry.  Can't have a 'letdown' after a nice three game run v top sides.  Most of this result may be pre-determined in the locker room.  COYW!
I think it's more the case of this is where the players metal is tested. I trust Scott to do his best to get the players mindset right, he seems to be good at that. It's just then if the players hold their nerve and execute

WindyCity

Quote from: Radiowhite on December 16, 2020, 04:58:56 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on December 16, 2020, 04:43:29 PM
Being a bit worried totally natural.  Big game.

This is where SP metal is tested.  Needs to keep the boys focused AND hungry.  Can't have a 'letdown' after a nice three game run v top sides.  Most of this result may be pre-determined in the locker room.  COYW!
I think it's more the case of this is where the players metal is tested. I trust Scott to do his best to get the players mindset right, he seems to be good at that. It's just then if the players hold their nerve and execute

I won't disagree with you, but I still feel the coach plays a big part here.  And as you point out, SP seems to have a handle on this aspect of his coaching responsibilities.  Still, this is somewhat unchartered territory for this team, having recently played well against top sides and now playing an important game v a side that is close to us and would be considered a 'lesser' opponent than these past three faced.  As I'm sure you know and can appreciate, so much of sport success lies between the ears.  And let's just hope SP has his charges so prepared, and he also comes up with a team selection and game plan that can be executed for three points.  SP has his duties, and, I'll agree with you, so do the players.  Trusting it all comes together with a favorable result tonight.

filham

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 16, 2020, 02:31:06 PM
Also nervous. Tonight's v important. Really hoping the lads build on the good work in recent weeks, and don't let the opposition undermine our improvements.

I'm slightly worried that our better performances against the 'big' teams came as a result of less pressure to get a result (whereas tonight the pressure will be on for 3 points). But I have faith that this team is good enough to beat a Brighton squad that's a lot weaker than it has been in recent years...

COYW
This just about sums up my feelings and lets not forget we still have that big problem in scoring goals.

TC's Sporran

i reckon we will see a proper topsy turvy performance from some of our star players tonight
lots of lack of concentration, misplaced passes and giving the ball away.
but im hoping we will also see some of the bite in attack we;ve seen the last few games

Arthur

The performance of Loftus-Cheek seemed pivotal on Sunday. He started the game really well, I thought, but his influence faded the longer it went on, and, as it did, so did the team as a whole. If we can get an hour out of him tonight as good as his first 30 minutes on Sunday, I reckon we'll be in a winning position.