watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A little worried

Started by Peabody, December 16, 2020, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

About tonight. Lord Mayors show and that sort of thing.

bog

Totally agree. Seen it so often. Scott has to get them fired up  and free of complacency.

092.gif 

Twig

Agree, it is so typical of Fulham. I hate the word but it's Fulhamish.

Sgt Fulham

You're a Fulham fan, that's why!

rebel

Quote from: Peabody on December 16, 2020, 11:02:11 AM
About tonight. Lord Mayors show and that sort of thing.

Is he attending tonight?

roberto w6

Such an important game for us as you all know.
If we can win tonight and if Villa and ManU win tomorrow night, we will be in a fantastic position going into the weekend. Obviously, there is also the flip-side which I don't even want to think about...
I continue to view Burnley's game in hand as 3 points for them, which I hope Scott is doing too. I will not be happy if Bilic is replaced by Sam Allardyce at West Brom - is that because I rate him highly and want him as our manager? No way - I'd almost prefer Hammersmith Council to be put in charge of team selection - but because he will quite probably gain them a few points immediately with "new manager syndrome" and will increase their chances of staying up and therefore ours of going down.
Let's be optimistic though. I've seen a really positive change in attitude and performance since the second half vs Everton and I think we should keep the same team selection and tactics tonight as the Leicester, Man City and Scouser games. From reading the extracts on here from Brighton's fans, it seems they are wary of our pace so having Bobby DR and Cav up front running them ragged is hopefully going to prove successful. If that fails to work, it sounds like Mitro will be back on the bench as an alternative to change things around.
I've not felt this nervous before a game since Brentford at Wembley.
COYW!!!

filham

I feel sure Big Sam will do a job at West Brom. and I expect them to avoid the drop.
We have to get wins on the board and tonight is a really big game , a defeat would cast us adrift.

Radiowhite

Quote from: filham on December 16, 2020, 12:37:30 PM
I feel sure Big Sam will do a job at West Brom. and I expect them to avoid the drop.
We have to get wins on the board and tonight is a really big game , a defeat would cast us adrift.
They don't have the quality to survive. They will fight and work hard but at the end of the day they are definitely one of the worst three teams in the league

Peabody

roberto w6

Quote from: filham on December 16, 2020, 12:37:30 PM

:plus one:

WhiteJC

I Ronic

We have players on the wings and down the middle who are happy to go forward with the ball. OK one or even two might have an off day but I'm thinking "Fulhamish" is a word that won't be used much from now on.
   As a traditionalist I fully expect my excitement and positive take on things to backfire on me. I apologise in advance for going against perceived wisdom.

shepperton white

Brighton have been a bogey team for us in recent years.  How many times have battered the for 75% of games only to lose by odd goal. It's time to put that right.  Lets hope for another performance like last weekend

Craven Mad

Also nervous. Tonight's v important. Really hoping the lads build on the good work in recent weeks, and don't let the opposition undermine our improvements.

I'm slightly worried that our better performances against the 'big' teams came as a result of less pressure to get a result (whereas tonight the pressure will be on for 3 points). But I have faith that this team is good enough to beat a Brighton squad that's a lot weaker than it has been in recent years...

COYW

rebel

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 16, 2020, 02:31:06 PM
Also nervous. Tonight's v important. Really hoping the lads build on the good work in recent weeks, and don't let the opposition undermine our improvements.

I'm slightly worried that our better performances against the 'big' teams came as a result of less pressure to get a result (whereas tonight the pressure will be on for 3 points). But I have faith that this team is good enough to beat a Brighton squad that's a lot weaker than it has been in recent years...

COYW

If we are to do anything this season beyond 'fighting relegation', then these are the games we need to win. We need to build on the last 3 performances. Keep improving.

roberto w6

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 16, 2020, 02:31:06 PM

COYW

:plus one: Craven
Let's keep positive and remember that in Scott's biggest high pressure game last year against Brentford at Wembley, he delivered. Let's hope we get that same spirit and the spirit of the last 2 and a half games tonight.
So wish we could all be there tonight. I wonder how many of us could fit into Stevenage Road distanced 2 metres apart within legislation to cheer them on? With those bloody masks on, we'd probably look like that Millwall hooligan gang from the 70s...not the desired effect at all!

Denzil Dexter

We need points. I'm not saying must win as you get shouted down for saying that, but we desperately need points

WindyCity

Being a bit worried totally natural.  Big game.

This is where SP metal is tested.  Needs to keep the boys focused AND hungry.  Can't have a 'letdown' after a nice three game run v top sides.  Most of this result may be pre-determined in the locker room.  COYW!

Peabody