Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Your Team to face Brighton tonight is as follows

Thoughts?

WhiteJC

I really thought Mitro would start

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sarnian

Tete recovering from injury. Parker has already stated Tete and Kongolo will both play for under 23's next Monday.

sunburywhite

Mitro supposedly had an ankle injury
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

roberto w6

So Reed back for Lemina - both have played well recently.
I'd have had Bryan on the bench instead of Denis.
But hopefully, essentially the same team will carry on with the same spirit and tenacity,
COYW

General

Quote from: alfie on December 16, 2020, 07:03:28 PM
So where is Tete?

Imagine Parker is being ultra conservative with him and Kongolo.

Suprise for me is Harrison Reid starting over Lemina. I imagine this is a game Lemina would thrive in.

Twig

Good to see Mitro back in the match day squad. I agree Bryan ahead of Odoi on the bench. As for the starting eleven I don't think RLC has shown anywhere near enough and would have preferred TC

Hatch007

Once Tete and Kongolo return for Odoi and Ream, that's a pretty formidable matchday squad.

Would still like a clinical, pacey goalscorer brought in in January.

Fulham Tup North

Strong line up..... fingers crossed..
COYW ⚽️⚽️⚽️❤
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Craven Mad

Slightly surprised to see Lemina omitted. Also surprised to see Bryan out of the squad.

Otherwise, the team's as expected. Hoping for a good result!

Fernhurst

Thought Lemina did enough to retain his place?
Their star man is in midfield, maybe thats Reeds job tonight.
Murray always scored against us, it's a relief he's sitting in the Sky studio.

Strong bench. 1-0 until late on then Mitro comes on to finish them off!!
COYLW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

General

Quote from: Twig on December 16, 2020, 07:10:27 PM
Good to see Mitro back in the match day squad. I agree Bryan ahead of Odoi on the bench. As for the starting eleven I don't think RLC has shown anywhere near enough and would have preferred TC

I'm not sure I get the RLC bashing tbh - he's heads above Cairney, although Cairney has shown signs of life and ability at this level albeit far too infrequently. I think RLC is being preferred this season - Parker was waxing lyrical in the wednesday fulham stuff article and I imagine in training RLC is showing more ability.

Hatch007

I agree 100% but, then again, last season before Leeds at home I thought exactly the same about Onomah as I do now about RLC. Hopefully with a run of games RLC will suddenly and dramatically improve just as Josh did 🙏

General

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 16, 2020, 07:14:15 PM
Thought Lemina did enough to retain his place?
Their star man is in midfield, maybe thats Reeds job tonight.
Murray always scored against us, it's a relief he's sitting in the Sky studio.

Strong bench. 1-0 until late on then Mitro comes on to finish them off!!
COYLW

Wondering if Lemina is being kept on the bench with one eye on the game on the weekend? Rested and better suited to that game?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: whitejc on December 16, 2020, 07:02:52 PM
I really thought Mitro would start

Off the pace.  Has been all season, and suffered another injury last weekend.

Imo it depends on how they are being used.    I can see RLC playing the same role that we'd expect Mitro to play, yet more pace and height.    TC is a #10 or a box to box.   RLC can play anywhere on the front line and alternate positions with Cav or Bobby.  He still doesn't play like he's 100%...but for short burst he can stretch the back line because his top speed is higher than Mitro's and he can finish, pass, holdup as well as Mitro.

I love Tom...and I think he can control the game in the middle but I think Scott isn't looking for RLC to control the game in the middle of the pitch.   I may be wrong.

Finnans Right Peg

Makes sense to swap reed and lemina with so many games coming up its good to keep them fresh .also never thought Mitro would start as that means a change in the way we have been playing and we have been playing well

filham

More or less as expected with 60minute substitutions of Cav., RLC and Reed by Mitro. Cairney and Lemina.

St Eve

Still would start Mitro, but at least he is on the bench and will come on and score

hovewhite

About what I expected,mitro off the bench to bully dunk.